Mature Owner's Critique
By Sebert Jenkins on
2010 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)
Did not care for 20" wheels when I first saw the vehicle, first thought-OMG, they are huge! After 6 weeks and not much choice I like them. Been 9 years since I bought a new car so subjected to lots of techie changes, especially the Navigation Package that had not been updated to my State so getting weird directions. Overall I find the vehicle overpowering with use of Plastic, even the grill; I'm sure this is done to reduce weight & cost. The interior is where my major complaints are: Cannot position steering wheel for clear view of dash, "Driver's Info Center" no compass or Instant Mileage Indicator, Clock too small, no digital speed, no secure gas cap, no glove compartment lite.
Favorite Features
OnStar, Nav Sys, Backup Camera, Skylight, XM Radio and the regular Remote Start (Forget the 2-way Remote Start - Dealer installed option & head liner has to be removed to install antenna wire). Cruise Control works great.
Suggested Improvements
Add a glove compartment lite!! Include compass in DIC or mirror in addition to Nav Package (Nav not always on). Add Digital Speed to DIC. Go back to secure fuel fill cover controlled by dash switch. Increase size of clock so old folks can read it - Cadillac SRX clock size is good.