Used 2010 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2010 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Great
By Joel

2010 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This Enclave was delivered with no flaws. Excellent. Good power. 23 mpg on the road is very nice. Drives well in bad weather--snow, ice and wet. Great traction. The ride is both elegant and handling is responsive (surprising so)-- even on mountain curves. The comfort makes cross country trips easy. Love the tight turning radius. It's a keeper.

Favorite Features

Quiet! Presets for multiple drivers, sound system, ipod connect,remote controlled rear lift gate, push-button gear selection is wonderful on mountain roads to control downhill speed, remote start, back up camera, for size good mpg, XM radio. Hands-free phone. Flexible cargo area.

Suggested Improvements

Mimic driver seat motion controls on passenger side.

Good Enough for Seconds
By Bob

2010 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just traded my '08 Enclave on a new '10 model. Looks exactly the same, handles the same, and is just as pleasurable as the '08. I put 50K miles on the first one, and enjoyed every one of them. Three round trips between Idaho and my winter home in Florida, and I'm looking forward to the next one. I've owned a lot of new cars - BMW, Porsche, Nissan, Chrysler, Ford and GM - and the Enclave is by far the best yet.

Favorite Features

Held its value extremely well.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of much I'd want to change. Rear visibility would be my only complaint, but it's a minor issue.

Buick Enclave CXL2 FWD
By Mike

2010 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased vehicle 4 months ago. Since then, exhaust system had to be replaced due to a harmonic vibration that could be heard while accelerating. Vehicle delivered with imperfections in paint (Tri-Coat Color). Two bubbles are visible and GM is still deciding as to whether the entire left side of vehicle will be repainted or take a chance that there is no air beneath bubble. Engine has a rough idle and is loud compared to foreign vehicles I've owned. Vehicle oversteers somewhat.

Favorite Features

Easy to maneuver, OnStar, Navigation System user friendly.

Suggested Improvements

Quality control. Interior of vehicle has a lot of plastic which is evident compared to other vehicles. Service at dealership is still not consumer friendly compared to Lexus or Mercedes. A lot of work yet to be done.

Well rounded family vehicle
By brucemaz1

2010 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As a family of 5, we had a base Nissan Armada which we liked, but decided we needed more features and better gas mileage. Looked at CX9 among others. The look of the Enclave beats all- comers in our opinion. The technology is extensive and the warranty is solid. Only had it a short while, but very happy so far. Only issue is idle is set so low, it can roll back a bit on inclines when taking off if you delay hitting the gas - simple awareness addresses the issue and it likely lends to the decent fuel economy. Super quiet. During delivery we did not know it was running while sitting in it. Drives smoothly.

Favorite Features

Looks, technology, better pick up than others we considered, seating flexibility with sliding middle row, dual moon roof and overall feature list for the money.

Suggested Improvements

Manual override on auto rear tailgate (worried about it opening it in my garage and it hitting the garage door). Address roll back, above

From S Class to Enclave
By RosieNM

2010 Buick Enclave SUV CXL2 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased a brand new S430 in 2003 and I started 2010 with looking at all our options for a new car. We needed more seating but were not willing to give up that luxury feel. My husband and I went in to test drive a Denali and the salesman showed us the Enclave. My husband, family and I realized this was the perfect car for our family of 7. The 7 passenger, sliding seating is so functional & the styling and comfort are on par with Mercedes. Having spent $80000.00 on the Mercedes, we felt spending $46000.00 on the fully loading AWD Enclave was a bargain. We are so proud to be driving American!

Favorite Features

Extremely,quiet ride, sliding middle seats, entertainment system, overall great styling in exterior and interior that is so "unboxy".

Suggested Improvements

Small, rubber protrusion on driver door that was missed on quality control check. Wish passenger could watch dvd while driving w/out aftermarket kit.