2010 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Good fuel economy for such a large car with good reliablity
By Anonymous on 12/13/10 06:18 AM (PST)

2010 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Although I have only owned the Buick for one year, it has been a year of trouble free operation. Two oil changes and 13,000 miles later (first at 3,000, second at 13,000), and that is all the service has been - less than $100. The oil sensor is a nice touch, you only get oil changes when the car tells you it is time too based on driving conditions. It is very comfortable and the whole family likes its features as mentioned below. The teething problems the people in 2008 seems to have benefited the later model years with additional features such as GPS with traffic navigation, more horsepower with the same gas mileage, and overall just a better car with imrproved transmission performance.

Auto transmission hard shifting
By Don Ferrari on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Auto trans has a hard shift from 1st to 2nd and or 2nd to 3rd. This occurs most of the time. I expected the shift to be smooth all the time, especially in a vehicle the cost of an Enclave. This problem is anoying to me. Otherwise I like the car. Dealer CSR said its nornal for that vehicle. I thought the shifting would improve over time with more milage,but its still the same. After 70 years plus of making auto trans you would think GM could get it right. Would not buy another Enclave due to this problem.

Great Crossover
By gip on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Quiet, responsive and top notch quality throughout.

Electrical Issues
By Darlene on 07/26/10 15:46 PM (PDT)

2010 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased my 2010 Buick Enclave in August of 2010 with less than 100 miles. Enjoyed it until recently when the electronics started to fail. While driving the dash would fail and the a/c would stop cooling. Now it fails to crank off on on and the dealership states there is nothing wrong with it!

Buick Enclave CXL2 FWD
By Mike on 06/13/10 16:23 PM (PDT)

2010 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased vehicle 4 months ago. Since then, exhaust system had to be replaced due to a harmonic vibration that could be heard while accelerating. Vehicle delivered with imperfections in paint (Tri-Coat Color). Two bubbles are visible and GM is still deciding as to whether the entire left side of vehicle will be repainted or take a chance that there is no air beneath bubble. Engine has a rough idle and is loud compared to foreign vehicles I've owned. Vehicle oversteers somewhat.

Great Vehicle
By Marc on 02/28/10 18:31 PM (PST)

2010 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought a month ago, so far great vehicle. Bought Cocoa Mist FWD CXL-2, hard color to find. DVD player works great for the kids, seats move easily (my 5 year old can move them). ONstar is a great feature. Fuel economy could be better,but it's exactly what the sticker says, so really can't complain. Couple of snows so far and it has performed as well as our Jeep. We are starting to see why we are seeing more and more of these on the roads and know why.

Very Nice Vehicle
By bayerjv01 on 02/20/10 19:47 PM (PST)

2010 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had this 7 months now and it has been very reliable. More than adequate power, very comfortable and quiet. Fuel economy is good for a vehicle of this size configured to seat 7. I wish I got the AWD version - too easy to spin the tires on the FWD. Using mapquest and sending it to your GPS via Onstar is cool. Rear entertainment system has been well utilized. The power lift gate works well and I don't know if I would want an SUV without one again.

Amazingly Quiet
By Rich on 02/08/10 00:06 AM (PST)

2010 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the Enclave because we often drive from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, and need something more comfortable for the long drive. We are amazed on how quiet and comfortable it is. The engine is very strong and never has to struggle to go up the hills. Passing is very easy as well. You only have to press the accelerator lightly to get a quick response.

Impressed with my Enclave!
By Caballero'57 on 12/23/09 23:13 PM (PST)

2010 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After owning a series of high end luxury sedans (BMW, Jag XJL and Cadillac) a growing family necessitated the move to an SUV. After much research, the Enclave was the best combination of space, seating, style, luxury and quality. No disappointments after the first 1100 miles. This is the quietest car I have ever owned-- quieter than my $72,000 Jaguar XJL! The fit and finish is as good as BMW or Lexus. The Enclave rides and handles like a luxury car, not an SUV. The Enclave is a tremendous value when compared to others.

Best 7 passenger ALL AROUND- Hands Down!
By Mark on 11/18/09 12:01 PM (PST)

2010 Buick Enclave CXL2 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Looked at many "family" vehicles for 3 kids etc. etc. Never considered Buick until roadsign caught my attention. Drove to dealership and WOW finally they got it right!! Quality, value and convienience right on target. Configuration of seating and comfort is exceptional. Quality of design, function and comfort is far better than crossovers costing $10-15k more. Interior space behind driver is excellent and surprising. Looking at exterior styling you would'nt think it would be that functional inside. Great job. Have owned many luxury cars/suv's before costing $70-$80k. This one has them all beat. Way to go team GM.. You sold us and we are picky.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Buick Enclave in VA is:

$119 per month*