2009 Buick Enclave Consumer Review: Loving it so far

2009 Buick Enclave - Consumer Review

CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Loving it so far
By LI Driver on

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 4 minivans, I had to have a vehicle that offered more comfort and style, but still offered a roomy third row for my teen/tween-aged kids. But I did not want anything as big (and costly) as a Sequoia. The Enclave fits the bill perfectly. It is roomy and comfortable to ride in. So far, performance has been great. I read the criticism about the transmission being slow to downshift, but I haven't noticed anything significant. MPG was another concern, but on a recent trip, I got over 21 mpg (obviously highway). For a vehicle this size, I can't complain. If you are looking for a crossover that combines lots of room with style and comfort, check out the Enclave.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable seating. Overall style. OnStar/XM (free trials for both included).

Suggested Improvements

Layout of switches/controls could be more intuitive. For example: only one lever off the steering column, which includes windshield wiper controls (among other things), while the rear wiper controls are found under the radio. No biggie, but counter intuitive.