Used 2009 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

A Great SUV
By Joe

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Enclave is an excellent choice if you are looking for a premium suv. We compared to the Acura, Lexus and Lincoln models and chose the Enclave because it has more room than the competition along with superior comfort and performance. To date, the quality has been excellent and the comfort and ride dynamics have exceeded our expectations.

Quiet Tuning, OnStar, and 2/3 row seating arrangements

None

CITY GAS MILAGE
By JWL

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Buick claims a city gas milage of 17 mpg on the EPA sticker. In straight city driving under the most conservative starts and stops my Enclave gets an averave of 11.7 MPG. I have provided the dealership the gas receipts and milage. The fact is that the 6 speed electrocic transmission holds the car in 2nd gear at 30 miles an hour causing the engine to Tach at a steady 1900 RPM. When the car passes 40 MPH the Tach drops to 1200 RPM. I was contacted by GM's Division Manager who told me that is how the transmission is calibrated and there is nothing they can do about it. I bought this car based on the fuel estimates and I feel that they should be able to produce what they advertise. 31% less.

Calibrate the Transmission. Right now it costs as much gas to run at 30 MPH as it does to run at 65 MPH soley on the fact that the vechile is held in a lower gear at 30 MPH. Try it on your Enclave.

Buick Smells Like Gas
By Bruce

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2009 Buick Enclave that I bought brand new in May. I have put 2500 miles on it. I told the dealer after about a week, that I smelled a raw fuel smell inside of the car. I didn't know it smelled from the outside until a friend told me after driving behind me. They tried to say it was the evap system but that smells way too much. The inside fuel smell happens when I turn a sharp corner or come to a stop. My kids, wife and I get sick when we go on a long drive and have headaches and nausea. It is a raw fuel smell. Like unburned fuel. Now even under the Lemon Law, GM won't budge as if I'm making this up. I'll never buy a GM again.

nothing now with the smell

get rid of the smell or buy my Buick back.

Fuel Smell
By fueled

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Everything that everyone says about how good this vehicle is, is true. The vehicle itself is great, but mine smells like fuel occasionally when coming to a stop. The exhaust tips are super black and I only have 2500 miles on it. I've been to the dealer so many times that I will never buy a GM again.

Navigation

Road test the vehicle with the customer.

Great!!!! but.......
By buckeye boy

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We really enjoy our Enclave. We moved out of a Toyota Sequoia and do miss the extra space and taller ride, however, this Buick is a remarkable vehicle overall. I have only 2 complaints, I am only 5'-9", unlike a previous reviewer I like the footrest on the left side. My problem is either the seat is too short or the seat height is not right for me, I get a cramping sensation in my right thigh, especially after driving for awhile. Second concern is that the middle position of the 8 seater will not easily accommodate a child seat as we hoped. Should have tested that. Overall a great vehicle and fun to drive.

Power seat, satellite radio, stylish appearance

Thigh support seating, Driver seat can smash items or people in back when I press button to exit from driver seat