Used 2009 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Highly Recommended Crossover
By David Thomas

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Enclave for one year now. I am very pleased with the quality and comfort of this crossover. Buick has made a true luxury vechicle at a great price. After researching the Audi Q7, Lexus, Cadillac, Mercedes, and other fine luxury SUVs/ Crossovers, the Enclave offered the most value for all the luxury ammenities.

On-Star is a must have. I will never purchase a car without On-Star. It is a must have feature. The turn by turn On- Star feature makes a touch screen navigation system unnessary. It is easier to use than a touch screen navigation system and you can keep your eyes on the road while talking to On

Improved city gas milage

not as advertised
By schomeboy

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought car in "clunker" trade-in deal. My wife fell in love with this car based on the interior and quiet ride. she was correct on both. however, after 4 months we see a couple of issues. first, gas mileage is 15-20 not 17-24 as advertised! No different than the "clunker" we had. took it back to dealer and of course found nothing wrong. had to put foam strips on underside of garage door because rear door lifts too high and bangs on bottom of garage door. ill designed. no clothes hook on second row seats. to hang clothes you have to use hook by 3rd row seats and it is difficult to get to. nice car overall, but I would look at others before investing this much money.

ride, quiet, interior plushness, On- Star, XM radio

Redesign rear door to allow to work in normal garages. Add clothes hook by 2nr row seats. Improve gas mileage to at least what is advertised!!

1st Class all the way
By Yellow Jacket Fan

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was growing tired of my Ford Explorer, even though it was only 4 years old. It was starting to cost me money in repairs, and it was becoming a rattle trap. I wanted an upscale vehicle that would seat at least 7 passengers comfortably for hauling kids, but that would still seat adults comfortably in all 3 rows, and would still have some cargo room with the 3rd row up. I didnít want a mini-van, so I thought I would be stuck with a large SUV like a Suburban or an Expedition, but then I found the Enclave. Looks great, drives great, rides great, and has nice appointments inside and out. I have 6000 miles on it, and have not had a single issue with looks or performance.

Comfortable seating for adults as well as kids in all 3 rows, reasonable cargo space even with 3rd row up, great bluetooth integration, nice audio system, luxury look and feel inside and out

Improved rear visibility, include the roof rack cross bars (seems cheap to include the roof rack but not the cross bars), improved gas mileage (although the mpg is not bad for a vehicle of this size and weight)

New Enclave Engine Problems
By Stranded in Seattle

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I really wish I could love my new Enclave. This is my first GM purchase and my first American car. What a frustrating and disappointing experience, so far. In less than a month since taking delivery of my new 2009 Buick Enclave CXL AWD, and with less than 800 miles logged on the vehicle, my new car has been in for service three times for the same engine vibration problem. The fuel injection system has been cleaned, fuel injector and ignition coil replaced and now the service techs are "looking more deeply into the cylinder head and valve train." (YIKES!) Vehicle downtime now stands at an abysmal 50%, since taking delivery. I was so hopeful for GM, but this car simply doesn't work.

Seating for 3 passengers in the 3rd row (versus 2 in other crossovers) 2nd row console Navigation system and voice choice Cooled front seats Surprisingly tight turning radius Backup camera

Power tailgate should stop midway (to open the tailgate but avoid hitting garage apparatus). OnStar's Navigation instructions should download into and use the installed Nav. system's voice s/w. Wish car phone button accepted forwarded calls from my cell. I wish ALL doors auto unlocked in Park

A Great SUV
By Joe

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Enclave is an excellent choice if you are looking for a premium suv. We compared to the Acura, Lexus and Lincoln models and chose the Enclave because it has more room than the competition along with superior comfort and performance. To date, the quality has been excellent and the comfort and ride dynamics have exceeded our expectations.

Quiet Tuning, OnStar, and 2/3 row seating arrangements