2009 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Best large crossover (by far)
By luv my enclave on 04/20/09 16:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First let me say that I drove all the competition (MDX, Pilot, RX350, Highlander, CX-9, etc) and none can compare to the Enclaves combination of MPG, horse power, interior space, and fit/finish. We just couldn't be happier with our new Enclave. It simply blows away the competition. Hopefully it is not too late for GM, but they finally got it right with this Buick. If status appeal of the nameplate is not your top priority when buying a large crossover SUV, the Buick Enclave will be the natural choice.

Great Experience
By Denid on 04/19/09 07:32 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just purchased the Buick Enclave CXL A.W.D. with the Driver Confidence package,the Luxury package,entertainment package #1 with an after market drop down D.V.D. player,all for $42,500.00. I had researched for two months and test driven the Acura,Mercedes,Ford Flex and a Chevy Lumina.I feel that I have a really great value in the Enclave. It is truly a beautiful vehicle that's so much fun to drive.

Buick Hit It Out Of The Park
By Red Jewel Enclave on 04/09/09 14:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Buick Enclave is a thoughtfully designed vehicle that is beautiful in every way. The exterior styling with the Red Jewel tintcoat is stunning against the chrome finishings. We chose the cashmere leather with cocoa accents, which sets off the luxurious tone of the interior. The Edmund's editor doesn't like the interior 'bling', but we love it. On a recent road trip, we averaged 22mpg. With city driving mixed in we are seeing an overall average of 19mpg, so we are very satisfied with the fuel economy. No other SUV comes close to this one in terms of comfort, quietness and luxury features. My other car is a Cadillac and all I want do now is drive the Enclave (but the wife won't let me).

Excellent Vehicle!
By Brad on 03/08/09 10:46 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best vehicle my wife and I have purchased. THe quality is outstanding. A relative of ours had the 2008 Enclave CX and we couldn't wait to get rid of our Trailblazer to get one. It drives smoothly, is VERY quiet, and we enjoy the XM radio. We test drove the Mazda CX-9, the Toyota Rav4 and the Toyota Highlander. The Enclave CX came with the most "bells- and whistles" standard than any vehicle we looked at.

Smooth, Quiet, Stylish
By BS on 03/07/09 18:47 PM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We test drove the Cadillac SRX and Mercedes R350, but the Enclave beat them both, hands down. Much quieter and smoother ride and more cargo room.

the greatest car ever
By dmb on 03/07/09 10:34 AM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2009 buick enclave is the best vehicle for the money. I love all the features and the price was more than reasonable.

Beautiful car
By safars on 02/28/09 20:54 PM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have been looking at cross overs for over a year and chose the Enclave over BMW, Mercedes and Lexus. Traded in Yukon for smaller SUV and definitely love this vehicle. Exceptionally quit ride and great handling with luxurious interior. Expected much "smaller" feel but was extremely impressed. Very roomy and easy access to everything. Love the look. Very happy with my decision.

Love My Car
By CAOwner on 02/21/09 22:12 PM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Came from a minivan so I did lots of research. Was planning on an Acadia, but got a great deal on the Enclave fully loaded. I love all the extra features. It is comfortable, fun to drive - feels sturdy and safe, but hightly responsive. Great turning radius. Very versitile to transport kids and cargo, although slightly smaller that my van. Most of my driving is city, but just took it on a a long road trip to the snow with the family. I love it even more now. Handled beautifully and was very comfortable.

Better than Cadillac SRX
By ANDY G. on 02/12/09 08:20 AM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best car I ever owned. The smooth ride and the quietness is amazing compared to other cars I owned. You can actually hear the radio at high speeds, not tire noise. Vvery clear DVD system and tons of room. I think GM still makes the best cars.

Gorgeous Car with Great Ride
By Wildhart on 01/22/09 19:58 PM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Wonderful, beautiful vehicle that handles and rides with ease. Intown mpg so far is 20.7 mpg which is great. Love everything about it especially the driver memory and safety backup camera. Only things that need improvement are more cup holders in front and more storage room suitable for CD's. As a woman, I would love somewhere to put my purse. We are looking forward to some road trips and many years of driving pleasure with this great car. GM Buick has hit a home run with this fantastic car. The foreign cars (Lexus, etc) that are in the same class, well, they just aren't. The Enclave is extremely nice. It has a smooth, quiet ride and can go toe to toe with any of the others. Love it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Buick Enclave in VA is:

$116 per month*