2009 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
No More Imports For Us!
By NewClave on 08/03/09 17:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Absolutely can't believe that I am saying this, but this Buick is the most amazingly comfortable and stylish vehicle we have ever owned. Coming from many Japanese SUV's (Toyotas and Nissans) we had boiled it down to a Lexus RX350, Audi Q5, and the Acura MDX, when we passed an Enclave on the road one day and my wife said... what was that. We were at the Buick dealership 30 minutes later, and after a test drive my wife fell in love. It doesn't even sound right when I say we bought a Buick, but this is no Buick of yesteryear. Way to go GM!

Love it! Traded in my BMW
By briget on 08/03/09 14:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's been about a month and half so far and I'm really enjoying my new Enclave! We bought it new at 77 mi. and now have over 5K. I traded in my BMW 750il 2000 to go SUV because of the extra seats & AWD for ski season & long distance trips. The only reason I scored lower on performance is because I previously owned a sports car. :) The other gripe is the fuel mileage. It's been averaging about 21 mi. per gallon. I drive approximately 800 mi. per week. Otherwise, we love our new car!

Sluggish acelleration
By mike on 08/03/09 09:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Transmission seems to hesitate frequently. Major black residue at exit of muffler pipes. Service adviser says the vehicle is not broken in yet, it has 5000klm on it.

Looks good but a few issues
By Hollis Stavn on 07/25/09 17:21 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The angle of the headrest tilts too far forward forcing my neck to not be able to be straight when driving. This is a design problem with this car. Another issue is that the cover for the sun roof is a screen only which lets some heat through so even with the sunroof closed you can feel the heat coming through on your head and also heating up the car. I have the basic sound package which is anemic in volume output. There is only one power outlet on the front console. There is a compartment on the dash which looks like it is a place to put glasses but being under the windshield will likely melt them in the heat. I traded a Rendezvous for this and the Rendezvous was actually a sportier drive.

GM is making a Quality Buick SUV
By Happy on 06/29/09 13:51 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We had a Ford Edge and we loved it , This vehicle is more expensive but the ride and interior are superior.The 0% financing is great.

Best of the Best
By CollegeProf on 06/26/09 13:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car replaced a Lexus RX-300 and a Lexus sedan. Our cars were over 10 years old and we really loved our Lexus. I can't believe how great this car is. It drives around town like a dream. I don't think you will need the running board step assist. We have kids and my 5' 3" wife doesn't have any problems getting in and out. This is really well built. The Lexus had some cool - gee whiz features that the Lexus doesn't, but overall I think this Buick better. Good job GM!!

A solid and reliable car
By phil on 06/23/09 04:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 7 years without any problems in a Highlander, I switched to the Enclave AWD. Features, past experience (I had two Buicks I drove as Federal law enforcement officer averaging 70K per year without any problems)price and 0% financing, it was a no brainer. I also did some checking on the dealer and found another Enclave owner near where I live and he had very good experience with the dealer. I have had the car now two months and still think I made the right choice. The only thing I could think of to improve would be the mileage, although it comes close to the EPA standard. As of today (June 23rd) I have a little over 2000 miles without any problems.

Went from Lexus RX to this! LOVE IT!
By Jeff on 06/14/09 19:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We came out of the Lexus and wanted something with more room, but NOT a minivan. We test drove so many new cars recently, and saw this car on lot and asked about it. I was cautious because of the name Buick reminded me of my Dad's car. Once we got in the car, I was shocked how nice everything was. The test drive was amazing!

A Buick is better than a Lexus????
By Paulinroswell on 06/10/09 07:55 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So far, this is the best vehicle I have ever owned. I was hesitant to even consider it because I wanted the RX350 but my wife heard that this Buick was worth considering. I hate to admit I am ever wrong but the Enclave is by far the better vehicle than the Lexus in every way after test driving both twice (I was really trying to convince myself that the Buick was worse the first time). It gets good fuel economy, has great luxury features I want, safety features have no equal, and is made by the most dependable brand this year! I never thought I would go back to an American car but if they continue to make vehicles like this, I will never leave! Kudos to Buick! BTW...I am 35 in a Buick!?!

Very happy
By Impressed on 05/25/09 10:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I saw the Enclave about a year ago and started my research immediately. Compared to all the other sport looking crossovers, with a three pass third row seat, the Buick has the most standard features at a better or comparable price point. I had a Tahoe, and I loved it, except for the cargo behind the third row, I couldn't even fit a standard stroller back there, so this time I was looking for the passenger room and functionality, and I found it. My kids can easily access the third row. It has all the pretty things that I wanted, to include the dual sun roofs and power liftgate. It looks hot, drives like a dream, and made all my friends jealous! And, you can't beat the warranty! Thanks!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Buick Enclave Suv in VA is:

$116 per month*