Used 2009 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2009 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

09 Enclave - CXL Great Crossover!!
By Bob

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This one sweet Crossover. Buick hit a homerun with this vehicle. We have made 3 trips from NJ to FL in all kinds of weather and the Enclave was secure, comforable and pleasent to drive. It is extremely quiet and rides like a limo. Highway Gas milege was 18-21 with car loaded and averaging 70-80MPH. We rode through both snow and rain storms and it performed excellent. I would highly recommend it to anyone. We had a Lexus RX350 and the Buick beats it hands down in all areas. GM has finally woke up!

Favorite Features

Nav, Bluetooth, Onstar, power folding side view mirrors, backup camera, interior/exterior design and layout

Suggested Improvements

None I can think of

Fantastic luxury family car.
By chris

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car so myself and our family could travel comfortably and this meets that standard completely - Coming from a subaru outback the fuel economy downgrade is considerable however - this car is fun, very big and makes traveling with kids easy. - I highly reccomend to anyone looking for a luxury SUV - I test drove the X5 and other luxury vehicles and they did not have all the features as the enclave plus they were more money. The only downside to this vehicle is you don't get the 15k bmw or mercedes logo - however you do get many more useful features.

Favorite Features

backup camera, leather seats, third row, bluetooth, etc.

Suggested Improvements

I wish ours had nav built in.

Over-hyped
By Trav1

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had this as a rental on a business trip from Detroit to Louisville. I find this to be a great way to really test drive a vehicle. Very nice vehicle but the EPA MPG rating is not even close. Actual pure highway MPG 20 at best. This was with the cruise control with average speed around 65- 70. The vehicle had around 1500 miles on it. The transmission tends to shift at lot which I found anoying. This is a very nice highway vehicle. Overall quality appeared to be high. Great vehicle for entertaining clients.

Favorite Features

Nice ride. Very comfortable. Nice plush interior with plenty of room for passengers. Plenty of nice features..leather, heated seats etc. but that is all expected in this vehicle class. Nice handling.

Suggested Improvements

Let's try truth in advertising regarding MPG. Transmission/engine match seems off. Too much shifting even in conservative driving situations.

Transmission Ruins Enjoyment
By Monica Ryan

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Enclave after two suburbans and wanted a more luxurious vehicle with better gas mileage. I have been quite disappointed on both points. The transmission shifts randomly and feels like the entire car is going to stop at times. It is currently being repaired and I plan to sell it as soon as I can get it to run better. The car makes an awful grinding noise under the hood on acceleration and in turns which I have been told is normal. I have had two people ride with me lately and ask me what is wrong with the car. The car does not leave one with a feeling of confidence or satisfaction.

Favorite Features

I love the way it looks.

Suggested Improvements

Apply stainproofing to the seats so jeans do not leave the seats blue. Lessen the grinding noise from the transmission. Make the transmission shift more smoothly and less often.

Great fun sporty family car
By smilininma

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have only had the car for 9 months but so far we really like it. The gas mileage could be better. We are getting about 15-16 mpg but we live up on a big hill and I spend most of the day going up and down it so that needs to be taken into consideration. It is a great family car and I love that we didn't have to go the minivan route but have the all the room of one.

Favorite Features

Design, drive,

Suggested Improvements

none that I can think of