2009 Buick Enclave SUV 3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2009 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

2009 Enclave Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Enclave Woes!
By vsabre

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 Enclave in 2012 and in the first year I owned it, I have had the following problems: 1. Timing Chain, 2. Water pump, 3. Front Struts, 4. Rack and Pinion, 5. Power Steering Pump, 6. Engine Mount, 7. Washer fluid pump and 8 Transmission. And since the car never goes more than one week without a check engine light coming on (which disables the remote start), the remote start is not available most of the time. Other than that, I love the car.

Why won't the dealerships tell me?
By ybayless

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just want to know what is wrong this time. I've spent 2000 on my car in the last 6 weeks and the problems still exist. I don't want to spend another dime until I know that my car will be fixed. There are a lot of problems with this model vehicle, but I still love it. I will have to get rid of it anyway since I can no longer reccomend it to my friends. GMC should be ashamed of themselves. They should feel responsible for all the money and extra problems that they cause loyal patrons to spend. I feel duped.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, excellent space. Ride is smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Recall and replace problem parts. This car is a lemon.

Luxurious Ride
By Connie

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car EXCEPT for the fuel economy. We went for something a little smaller than our Suburban to hopefully improve economy while still having enough seating for 6 passengers if needed (rarely). The car only gets about 12 mpg in town. On flat interstate it can get 22-24 mpg. Chrome on dash is attractive but a problem with glare while driving. Otherwise, we love the car - great ride on those Michelin tires.

Favorite Features

Smoothe, quiet ride!

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy needs improvement - not as advertised!

Over-hyped
By Trav1

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had this as a rental on a business trip from Detroit to Louisville. I find this to be a great way to really test drive a vehicle. Very nice vehicle but the EPA MPG rating is not even close. Actual pure highway MPG 20 at best. This was with the cruise control with average speed around 65- 70. The vehicle had around 1500 miles on it. The transmission tends to shift at lot which I found anoying. This is a very nice highway vehicle. Overall quality appeared to be high. Great vehicle for entertaining clients.

Favorite Features

Nice ride. Very comfortable. Nice plush interior with plenty of room for passengers. Plenty of nice features..leather, heated seats etc. but that is all expected in this vehicle class. Nice handling.

Suggested Improvements

Let's try truth in advertising regarding MPG. Transmission/engine match seems off. Too much shifting even in conservative driving situations.

Highly Recommended Crossover
By David Thomas

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned my Enclave for one year now. I am very pleased with the quality and comfort of this crossover. Buick has made a true luxury vechicle at a great price. After researching the Audi Q7, Lexus, Cadillac, Mercedes, and other fine luxury SUVs/ Crossovers, the Enclave offered the most value for all the luxury ammenities.

Favorite Features

On-Star is a must have. I will never purchase a car without On-Star. It is a must have feature. The turn by turn On- Star feature makes a touch screen navigation system unnessary. It is easier to use than a touch screen navigation system and you can keep your eyes on the road while talking to On

Suggested Improvements

Improved city gas milage

not as advertised
By schomeboy

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought car in "clunker" trade-in deal. My wife fell in love with this car based on the interior and quiet ride. she was correct on both. however, after 4 months we see a couple of issues. first, gas mileage is 15-20 not 17-24 as advertised! No different than the "clunker" we had. took it back to dealer and of course found nothing wrong. had to put foam strips on underside of garage door because rear door lifts too high and bangs on bottom of garage door. ill designed. no clothes hook on second row seats. to hang clothes you have to use hook by 3rd row seats and it is difficult to get to. nice car overall, but I would look at others before investing this much money.

Favorite Features

ride, quiet, interior plushness, On- Star, XM radio

Suggested Improvements

Redesign rear door to allow to work in normal garages. Add clothes hook by 2nr row seats. Improve gas mileage to at least what is advertised!!

CITY GAS MILAGE
By JWL

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Buick claims a city gas milage of 17 mpg on the EPA sticker. In straight city driving under the most conservative starts and stops my Enclave gets an averave of 11.7 MPG. I have provided the dealership the gas receipts and milage. The fact is that the 6 speed electrocic transmission holds the car in 2nd gear at 30 miles an hour causing the engine to Tach at a steady 1900 RPM. When the car passes 40 MPH the Tach drops to 1200 RPM. I was contacted by GM's Division Manager who told me that is how the transmission is calibrated and there is nothing they can do about it. I bought this car based on the fuel estimates and I feel that they should be able to produce what they advertise. 31% less.

Suggested Improvements

Calibrate the Transmission. Right now it costs as much gas to run at 30 MPH as it does to run at 65 MPH soley on the fact that the vechile is held in a lower gear at 30 MPH. Try it on your Enclave.

Base Enclave CXL
By alvanhill

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Finally a salesperson listened and found a base vehicle for me to buy. The Enclave CXL FWD compares favorably with our 08 Lexus ES in comfort and quiet ride and has all the equipment I wanted without $$$'s in options. The six speed tranny takes some getting used to and I wish the drivers seat cushion gave more thigh support but this is a very nice vehicle for the money. More mpg would be nice but I think the DI engine will regulate that. At 7,000 miles the car delivers 24 mpg on the highway @ 70 mph.

Favorite Features

On-Star, Satellite radio, power tailgate.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the support for the left foot on the drivers side for more leg room. Longer drivers seat cushion for thigh support.

Love it! Traded in my BMW
By briget

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's been about a month and half so far and I'm really enjoying my new Enclave! We bought it new at 77 mi. and now have over 5K. I traded in my BMW 750il 2000 to go SUV because of the extra seats & AWD for ski season & long distance trips. The only reason I scored lower on performance is because I previously owned a sports car. :) The other gripe is the fuel mileage. It's been averaging about 21 mi. per gallon. I drive approximately 800 mi. per week. Otherwise, we love our new car!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Onstar, extra seating, 5-star crash rating, dual sun roof (kids love this) and remote control hatch.

Suggested Improvements

Come out with better fuel mileage!!

GM is making a Quality Buick SUV
By Happy

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We had a Ford Edge and we loved it , This vehicle is more expensive but the ride and interior are superior.The 0% financing is great.

Favorite Features

Folding mirrors.electronic lift gate, airconditioned seats.

Suggested Improvements

None at this time