Used 2009 Buick Enclave CXL SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Cylinders
By sdj

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my car with 4000 miles in 2010. A year after I bought it it started kicking back when on cruise and going uphill. Took it in to dealership. They said they replaced this and that but every year after that I kept taking it back for the same problem of kicking back when going uphill. As soon as the warranty ran out I had to take it in again and this time ended up paying over $700 to fix two of the cylinders. Have tried cleaning out carbon. It is even worse now than it ever was. Can't drive it with cruise on because it has started kicking back even on straight flat roads. Check engine light constantly comes on and we have spent close to $1500 just trying to get things looked at to try and figure out the problem. Have called GM to try and have them reimburse my dollars and stand behind their product but they won't. For such a huge company, it's too bad that they treat their customers this way. I'm disgusted and now looking to get rid of it with 76K miles. I do not recommend purchasing this vehicle to anyone. I won't even try to sell it outright because I wouldn't feel right selling it to another innocent individual.

Enclave Woes!
By vsabre

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 Enclave in 2012 and in the first year I owned it, I have had the following problems: 1. Timing Chain, 2. Water pump, 3. Front Struts, 4. Rack and Pinion, 5. Power Steering Pump, 6. Engine Mount, 7. Washer fluid pump and 8 Transmission. And since the car never goes more than one week without a check engine light coming on (which disables the remote start), the remote start is not available most of the time. Other than that, I love the car.

Why won't the dealerships tell me?
By ybayless

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just want to know what is wrong this time. I've spent 2000 on my car in the last 6 weeks and the problems still exist. I don't want to spend another dime until I know that my car will be fixed. There are a lot of problems with this model vehicle, but I still love it. I will have to get rid of it anyway since I can no longer reccomend it to my friends. GMC should be ashamed of themselves. They should feel responsible for all the money and extra problems that they cause loyal patrons to spend. I feel duped.

Looks, comfort, excellent space. Ride is smooth.

Recall and replace problem parts. This car is a lemon.

Luxurious Ride
By Connie

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car EXCEPT for the fuel economy. We went for something a little smaller than our Suburban to hopefully improve economy while still having enough seating for 6 passengers if needed (rarely). The car only gets about 12 mpg in town. On flat interstate it can get 22-24 mpg. Chrome on dash is attractive but a problem with glare while driving. Otherwise, we love the car - great ride on those Michelin tires.

Smoothe, quiet ride!

Fuel economy needs improvement - not as advertised!

Over-hyped
By Trav1

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had this as a rental on a business trip from Detroit to Louisville. I find this to be a great way to really test drive a vehicle. Very nice vehicle but the EPA MPG rating is not even close. Actual pure highway MPG 20 at best. This was with the cruise control with average speed around 65- 70. The vehicle had around 1500 miles on it. The transmission tends to shift at lot which I found anoying. This is a very nice highway vehicle. Overall quality appeared to be high. Great vehicle for entertaining clients.

Nice ride. Very comfortable. Nice plush interior with plenty of room for passengers. Plenty of nice features..leather, heated seats etc. but that is all expected in this vehicle class. Nice handling.

Let's try truth in advertising regarding MPG. Transmission/engine match seems off. Too much shifting even in conservative driving situations.