Used 2009 Buick Enclave CX SUV Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

2009 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Night mare
By JK Mir

Bought it new 2009
1. All steering wheel hydraulic parts had to be replaced
2. Water pump went bad
3. Now transmission is gone.

Beautiful / Horrible
By Herb Walstreet

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is cursed. We had a Yukon XL for 10 years and never had any issues. We have 80k miles or so on this vehicle and have spent around $10k in various maintenance and repairs. We've had to replace the transmission 11 months ago and it's currently in the shop because of a stutter it has in cruise on the highway (ignition coils?). We know our power steering is going out but it's not bad enough that Buick will replace it under the extended warranty. Our heated seats only stay on for about 5 mins then go off. The instrumentation buttons (AC temp control) have worn incredibly fast (replaced them once already), have had a "stuck strut", replaced rotors, replaced the battery and some decorative adhesive molding on the window frames is bubbling up and shredding (looks horrible when you look at the driver's side of the car). All of this and our gas mileage is terrible also (13 in the city and 18 highway). I want to like this car - it's really good looking but we've got to get rid of it and we'll avoid Buick. My recommendation, steer clear!

Expensive vehicle to own
By donbee1

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 Enclave used with 60K on the clock a year and a half ago. Since then had to replace high pressure fuel pump, battery, and just got it back from the shop after having BOTH catalytic converters replaced for check engine light and rough running. I have owned a bunch of cars in my life and never had a catalytic converter go bad, let alone two on the same car at the same time. Love the ride and gagetry but repairs very expensive. Definately not a do it your self repair vehicle. Mileage combined around 20. I expected a little better. The third Buick I have owned and may be the last. The extended warranty was useless. Only covered "internal" parts.

Back up camera and collision warning. Automatic climate control. Remote start. Power liftgate. Quiet comfortable ride.

Brighter cabin lights. I have upgraded the upper console and added LED lights to liftgate.

Love the Enclave but hate my car
By kreshe

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I wish these reviews were posted before I purchased mine in 2011. After buying the car, I had issues with the engine light (gas tank cap leaked), water pump, air not blowing cold (dealer still unable to locate the problem), I just had my transmission rebuilt (two shops said they have seen this with this vehicle, Traverse and Acadia) and a day after shelling out over $3K, my engine light comes on (possible catalytic converter)!!! I am tired of the problems but after spending all of this money, I cannot afford another vehicle. I seriously wish General Motors would look into all of these issues!

When it works, it drives well and I really love the car. I also love the features and the way the car is designed. It is very roomy with the seven seats and has enough space when you let the third row down. When I can afford another car (and doing thorough research), I may get another (but not this model year).

A transmission should not go out when a car is five years old and should not have had issues with the water pump, air condition, and catalytic converter. I've had so many issues and the majority of them were not under warranty.

re-calibrate your tranny.
By charlie

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is short and sweet.I love my enclave.Love the looks, ride, comfort,and all the extras.Was not crazy about tranny shifting so much. Checked around and found out that your dealer can change something on the computer and your car won't shift as much. Didn't take long to do and it sure makes a difference. I think there is a bulletin put out by Buick if your dealer wants to know about it. All you guys with tranny stories, check it out.It does make a difference. It won't shift as much. I hope this helps.

Everything.

Camera in mirror is distracting.No shade for cargo area.