Used 2009 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews - 79 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Night mare
By JK Mir

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought it new 2009
1. All steering wheel hydraulic parts had to be replaced
2. Water pump went bad
3. Now transmission is gone.

Beautiful / Horrible
By Herb Walstreet

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is cursed. We had a Yukon XL for 10 years and never had any issues. We have 80k miles or so on this vehicle and have spent around $10k in various maintenance and repairs. We've had to replace the transmission 11 months ago and it's currently in the shop because of a stutter it has in cruise on the highway (ignition coils?). We know our power steering is going out but it's not bad enough that Buick will replace it under the extended warranty. Our heated seats only stay on for about 5 mins then go off. The instrumentation buttons (AC temp control) have worn incredibly fast (replaced them once already), have had a "stuck strut", replaced rotors, replaced the battery and some decorative adhesive molding on the window frames is bubbling up and shredding (looks horrible when you look at the driver's side of the car). All of this and our gas mileage is terrible also (13 in the city and 18 highway). I want to like this car - it's really good looking but we've got to get rid of it and we'll avoid Buick. My recommendation, steer clear!

Whyyyyyyyyy?
By judi

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Why does everything go wrong with this horrible car?
It is never without a problem and is costing me every month for a repair.
Has anyone had buick respond?

WORST CAR I'VE EVER OWNED
By Lindsey

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my car in Feb. 2014 with 28k miles on it... A month later the steering wheel started making a whining noise. I took it to the dealership and they said "that is common with those SUV's" and this was when the recall on the power steering came out. So I said ok, what if I'm driving down the road and my power steering goes out? They said "then we will fix it." That's safe! Fix the problem AFTER something bad happens... And shortly after this I had to replace the water pump (@ $385- which was the 2nd time it had been replaced and my car still had less than 40k miles!) Then, on my way to work one day a few months later my car made a terrible noise so I pulled over... The timing chains broke (that's great for the transmission)... So I had those replaced under special policy. A few months after that... my car was running TERRIBLY. The transmission was slipping. I took it to another dealership and they fixed the 3-5-R plate under special policy but then I needed my A/C fixed as well as a coil and spark plug replaced. I ended up paying over $475 this time. A month or so later... 2 more coils and spark plugs needed replaced as well as the front engine mount. I was quoted over $1100 and my car has 62k miles on it currently!! I got the car back after the repairs and the 2nd time I drove it it is saying "LOW OIL PRESSURE. STOP ENGINE!" So I give up. I am trading it. I don't feel comfortable selling it to someone individually! I am SICK that I have to trade because I was planning on driving this for a very long time! I have 2 children and they LOVE the DVD player. I love the back up camera and we couldn't ask for anything prettier or better on the inside! When you have a car that you're going to lose over $10k on it really makes you disgusted with the company! I have contacted GM and they say "I will note your issues" .... It's like oh thanks. I'm glad you're taking the time to do that.. how about reimbursing me for all the money I've spent in repairs, tows, missed time from work because my car wouldn't start, etc. etc.??? I will NEVER buy another GM car! Worst company ever.

Cylinders
By sdj

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my car with 4000 miles in 2010. A year after I bought it it started kicking back when on cruise and going uphill. Took it in to dealership. They said they replaced this and that but every year after that I kept taking it back for the same problem of kicking back when going uphill. As soon as the warranty ran out I had to take it in again and this time ended up paying over $700 to fix two of the cylinders. Have tried cleaning out carbon. It is even worse now than it ever was. Can't drive it with cruise on because it has started kicking back even on straight flat roads. Check engine light constantly comes on and we have spent close to $1500 just trying to get things looked at to try and figure out the problem. Have called GM to try and have them reimburse my dollars and stand behind their product but they won't. For such a huge company, it's too bad that they treat their customers this way. I'm disgusted and now looking to get rid of it with 76K miles. I do not recommend purchasing this vehicle to anyone. I won't even try to sell it outright because I wouldn't feel right selling it to another innocent individual.