2009 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Beware! Unreliable!
By hchambley on 12/10/14 11:35 AM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my used 2009 Enclave approx. 6 months ago. Carfax report looked good and a friend of mine had one and loved it. I have loved and sang praises of my new car! I traded my 2009 Yukon XL for this car to save on gas and loved the downsize and savings. Since I purchased my Yukon brand new and never had issues, I opted out of the extended warranty on this car thinking I wouldn't have issues either. Boy was I wrong! Within a month one of the coil packs went out but it was replaced at no charge under dealership 30 day warranty. About a month and a half ago I started having transmission problems and my transmission needed to be replaced. Within two weeks of it being replaced started

No Longer Own Ours... Buyer Beware!!!
By sfreid1 on 03/15/14 11:09 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When the Enclave is working properly, it is an excellent car. Quiet, comfortable, and fairly powerful for an SUV. However, there was rarely a time where everything was in proper working order. Our first major issue was the entire throttle body going out, which also caused the entire electrical system to crash, leaving us stranded on the side of a busy road, partially blocking traffic. This experience also gave us a chance to try out Onstar, which was worthless. The hazards also drained the battery after one hour, so they didn't work. After that, buttons snapped off, brakes needed replacement, transmission, and power steering prob. We just bought a fully loaded 2014 Infiniti QX60 and love it!

Enclave Woes!
By vsabre on 02/26/14 08:23 AM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2009 Enclave in 2012 and in the first year I owned it, I have had the following problems: 1. Timing Chain, 2. Water pump, 3. Front Struts, 4. Rack and Pinion, 5. Power Steering Pump, 6. Engine Mount, 7. Washer fluid pump and 8 Transmission. And since the car never goes more than one week without a check engine light coming on (which disables the remote start), the remote start is not available most of the time. Other than that, I love the car.

Why won't the dealerships tell me?
By ybayless on 03/02/13 18:42 PM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just want to know what is wrong this time. I've spent 2000 on my car in the last 6 weeks and the problems still exist. I don't want to spend another dime until I know that my car will be fixed. There are a lot of problems with this model vehicle, but I still love it. I will have to get rid of it anyway since I can no longer reccomend it to my friends. GMC should be ashamed of themselves. They should feel responsible for all the money and extra problems that they cause loyal patrons to spend. I feel duped.

Enclave To Many Problems to List
By veryunhappy4 on 08/20/12 14:29 PM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Without going into great detail, Iíll list some of the problems with my 2009 Enclave. Power steering went out parts where changed, Timing belt was adjusted then replaced, Transmission adjusted at least twice, Car rolls backward in drive, (Unable to be corrected) per GMC, Engine problems, A/C smells musty, later: A/C working properly, Shorted out turning signal and reverse light, Sun roof leak, Exterior doors-laminate peeling off, Bench seatbelt locks and canít be used, Paint peeling off of buttons of radio and a/c controls, Very loud cabin noise when back windows are down, these are some of the issues I can think of off of the top of my head. I stopped counting my return trips to the repa

Beautiful, but unreliable
By mlerlie on 02/07/12 04:56 AM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have owned luxury German cars for well over three decades but the beauty of the Enclave won us over while living in hilly Maryland. Big mistake. Expensive mistake. As other reviewers say, there are too many things going wrong for such a young vehicle. Plastic outside between the windows bubble/ripple, car rolls back while in drive on a hill as if it were in reverse, car rolls at least 6 inches after putting it in park on flat land, knocking noise when turning steering wheel either way, absolutely abysmal gas mileage - bottom end of mpg range, very sluggish on hills, but the deal breaker was the slipping transmission on a 3 year old car with less than 50k miles. Went back to BMW after 10 mo.

More Con's than Pro's
By sarah on 11/11/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 Enclave in Florida then moved to the mountains in Virginia 10mo later. First off the car is really loud when standing outside but quiet on the inside.These are the things going wrong. Plastic outside between the windows bubble/ripple, coating came off of air conditioner button, carpet worn completely down on passenger side, car rolls back while in drive on a hill as if it were in reverse, car rolls at least 6 inches after putting it in park on flat land, knocking noise when i turn my steering wheel either way and the carpet is made very very cheap.All these things are covered under warranty except the carpet.Still have problems with car rolling back while n drive on hill.

bleeding ears
By Jerry Eisenzimmer on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

With rear windows down air pressure fluctuations pound on your ears and is so painful it will make you cry. Had i known this before it would have been a deal breaker. Buick knew about because they already had a memo out on the problem.

Luxurious Ride
By Connie on 09/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love this car EXCEPT for the fuel economy. We went for something a little smaller than our Suburban to hopefully improve economy while still having enough seating for 6 passengers if needed (rarely). The car only gets about 12 mpg in town. On flat interstate it can get 22-24 mpg. Chrome on dash is attractive but a problem with glare while driving. Otherwise, we love the car - great ride on those Michelin tires.

Love my buick enclave
By jack rezai on 05/11/10 08:17 AM (PDT)

2009 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

GM won me back with this SUV! The interior and exterior quality is excellent. I had an 08 highlander before my buick, and the quality was not even close. seats are very comfortable and very supportive. Driving this vehicle is a joy. Ride is smooth, comfortable, stable and quiet even in high winds. AWD system works perfectly. I live in Calgary, AB, Canada, and the AWD, Stabilitytrack, and traction control system provides stable and comfortable ride. I have not gotten stuck in snow and mudd even once. My sister with her subaru SUV got stuck, I didn't. This vehicle has lots of rooms! Love the look and the style. Welcome Back GM! Great work :)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Buick Enclave Suv in VA is:

$116 per month*