Used 2009 Buick Enclave CX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2009 Buick Enclave

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Most Helpful|
re-calibrate your tranny.
By charlie

2009 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is short and sweet.I love my enclave.Love the looks, ride, comfort,and all the extras.Was not crazy about tranny shifting so much. Checked around and found out that your dealer can change something on the computer and your car won't shift as much. Didn't take long to do and it sure makes a difference. I think there is a bulletin put out by Buick if your dealer wants to know about it. All you guys with tranny stories, check it out.It does make a difference. It won't shift as much. I hope this helps.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

Camera in mirror is distracting.No shade for cargo area.

Expensive vehicle to own
By donbee1

2009 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my 2009 Enclave used with 60K on the clock a year and a half ago. Since then had to replace high pressure fuel pump, battery, and just got it back from the shop after having BOTH catalytic converters replaced for check engine light and rough running. I have owned a bunch of cars in my life and never had a catalytic converter go bad, let alone two on the same car at the same time. Love the ride and gagetry but repairs very expensive. Definately not a do it your self repair vehicle. Mileage combined around 20. I expected a little better. The third Buick I have owned and may be the last. The extended warranty was useless. Only covered "internal" parts.

Favorite Features

Back up camera and collision warning. Automatic climate control. Remote start. Power liftgate. Quiet comfortable ride.

Suggested Improvements

Brighter cabin lights. I have upgraded the upper console and added LED lights to liftgate.

Love the Enclave but hate my car
By kreshe

2009 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I wish these reviews were posted before I purchased mine in 2011. After buying the car, I had issues with the engine light (gas tank cap leaked), water pump, air not blowing cold (dealer still unable to locate the problem), I just had my transmission rebuilt (two shops said they have seen this with this vehicle, Traverse and Acadia) and a day after shelling out over $3K, my engine light comes on (possible catalytic converter)!!! I am tired of the problems but after spending all of this money, I cannot afford another vehicle. I seriously wish General Motors would look into all of these issues!

Favorite Features

When it works, it drives well and I really love the car. I also love the features and the way the car is designed. It is very roomy with the seven seats and has enough space when you let the third row down. When I can afford another car (and doing thorough research), I may get another (but not this model year).

Suggested Improvements

A transmission should not go out when a car is five years old and should not have had issues with the water pump, air condition, and catalytic converter. I've had so many issues and the majority of them were not under warranty.

Awesome Ride for Wassems
By Rob Wassem

2009 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've not owned a GM since my 69 Camero when I was a senior in high school...what a change! I've owned several large SUVs over the past 10 years including a MB GL450 recently. The Enclave is far superior to he MB 350, 450, or 550 and half he price! The ride is brilliant, the pick up is perfect, and the finish is right ON! My family and I love the car/suv..not sure what to call it - crossover:) If you are in the market for a new crossover buy the Enclave as I did the research for months and nothing compares if you require seating for 7 - 0% financing was icing on the cake!

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior fit and finish

Suggested Improvements

Real wood finish and more leather (even if it is leatherette!)

Great ride
By don

2009 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle after I read 50 reviews and some test drives. Other folks have done a great job of describing the joys of an Enclave. I have experienced mileage as high as 28 on flat road 55mph and no traffic. Typical on interstate at 70 is 23-24 if you keep your foot steady. 2 complaints- tires extremely noisy on some roads. I drive with both feet and periodically, if my foot is resting on the brake when I accelerate, the vehicle jumps. Have had a couple close calls. I now make sure my foot is off the brake. Dealer says my brake foot is confusing the throttle computer causing it to feed in more gas. One Toyota has same problem.

Favorite Features

Ride-space-looks-mileage-features-value

Suggested Improvements

Quieter tires- check out brake throttle problem because this is dangerous