2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Review: Steering noise

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Review

2008 Buick Enclave

CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Steering noise
By txhawgfan50 on

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am losing confidence in my 08 Enclave after 2 fairly expensive and out of warranty repairs.
Aug 2013- I notice an intermittent whining noise while driving.
Take care in and tell mechanic I think brake pad wear indicators are responsible and viola-I need front and rear brake replacement at a cost of $900.
Well, I think, at least the whine ill be gone.
But no!
The whine returns and is more frequent.
Then I notice a clear, oily leak towards left rear of car.
Take car in and viola- I need rack and pinion replacement on a car with 83,000 miles.
This repair comes in at $1100 and not under warranty.
This steering issue seems to be a theme with the 08 Enclave.
Will never buy GM again!

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By gmnotagain
on 12/02/13 09:41 AM (PST)

Purchased a 2008 Buick Enclave brand new. I love the body style, the interior size and ride of the car. Unfortunately my 2008 Enclave has been a problem very early on and continues to get worse. Before I even hit 30,000 miles I had 2 - rack and pinion replacements, AC condenser replaced, AC filter front and year replaced and transmission repair. I also had minor replacements for defective parts, the buttons on the radio and AC front had the black rub off - 4 TIMES! The channels on the outside roof of the vehicle had a 1/2 inch channel cover become unglued on both sides. Come to find out Buick uses double stick tape to hold these in place (I am sure many other car manufacturers do this). I find it appalling a $35,000 car has pieces stuck together with double stick tape. The seat belt rubbed on plastic covering where the belt retracts into the door jam and cut a groove into the plastic cover. twice the year passenger side window motor needed replacement. Now at 70,000 miles and 5 years later I am out of warranty. I have replaced the 2 front struts and mounts, the AC had to be repaired again, the battery had to be replaced. NOW the timing belt seems to need replacement and it may cost $800 or $2400 depending on what is going on inside and those cost are the 40% "Sharing" of expenses that GM is supporting. Thank god I had a recall notice on the water pump that was just replaced or that would have been another $500 out of my pocket. Very sad that a car with 70,000 miles and is not really driven excessively (14,000 miles a year) has this many issues. I will no longer be looking at anything made by GM for future consideration. Sad because I want to buy American and I like the look of the cars.