2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Review: Nice. But.

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Review

CX 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Nice. But.
By mhammel on

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Enclave provides a decent ride and comfortable seating for 7 in our configuration. If this vehicle were manufactured by Ford , I'd buy another one. The GM experience is awful (and I mean GM, not just the dealer network). For instance, I purchased a very small, boat and wanted to add a trailer hitch. The owners manual indicates that a part has to be changed if a hitch is added and the dealer will take care of it.. Not so. The small part is a the entire fuse panel and to correctly modify the electronics in this car to support towing is so expensive the dealer wouldn't give me a price -there's even a TSB for this but GM has canceled the TSB. OnStar with Bell - no more, gone and more.

Favorite Features

HID lighting. Heated windshield washer- whoops no more, Digital display of cruise control speed, quiet ride, OnStar with Bell-whoops no more, dual panel sunroof, versatility - fold down seating, tire pressure monitoring, park assist.

Suggested Improvements

Standard sound system is poor for a vehicle in this price range. GM should treat the customer like they matter - I like this car, but won't buy another GM. GM got smart with the new models of the vehicle and added bluetooth. Onstar for calling is a rip- off without the Bell/ Ver. plans. Transmission