2008 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Way to go GM! A great luxurious ride.
By Dan on 11/20/08 13:16 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Wanting to replace my Escalade, I looked at Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, & Mazda's. I then found the GM Lamda platform of which Traverse caught my eye first. I then drove the Outlook and Acadia but after I drove the Enclave I knew! It had such an incredibly smooth, quiet ride with technology only found in more expensive vechiles. After I get over the shock that I am driving a Buick (it looks so damn good for a Buick!), all else has been a fantastic experience for me. This platform should help Americians look at buying a great product from their own country again.

Enclave is great
By Jim on 11/20/08 07:42 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great riding vehicle with good space. I love the amenities and that it uses regular gas. The transmission stinks. It's always searching and you have to tromp it just to keep up with rural traffic but on the highway it's fine. Gas mileage has been 14mpg commuting and 22mpg on the highway. It is a very quiet riding vehicle though.

Excellent
By paul d on 11/19/08 15:51 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had this vehicle one month. I love it. Great comfort, smooth. GM has a winner with this vehicle.

Great Crossover SUV
By Texas Owner on 11/15/08 10:21 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We absolutely love this crossover. We receive many compliments on its styling. Absolutely no problem other than the transmission hesitates on occasion. There is a program change we are considering which I'm told will seem like a 50 hp boost..downside I'm told might be a lost in fuel economy (Currently 17.9 MPG in town and consistently with hard driving on the freeway 21+ MPG). We bought the factory running boards-they are very helpful for some elderly folks we transport and it really dresses up that vehicle..and they fit perfectly into the styling. Only downside, power lift hits our garage door (triggers automatic close) so we have to turn it off when we drive into the garage.

Audi Q7 killer!
By GCH on 11/04/08 13:50 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just yesterday our Enclave was finally delivered. We had to wait a few months as we had the car imported from the US. We had driven the car during our two weeks holidays in Florida May 2008 and fell in love with it. The car drives smoothly, is silent and has a lot of space. With 3 children the Enclave is the perfect family car. Classy and not as ordinary as a BMW X5 or Audi Q7. The fun part is that the Enclave offers as much as these cars but is far cheaper. Too bad that the XM radio does not work in Europe. It uses fuel but not as much as expected. We like the seats for total 8 people and the exclusive look & feel of the Enclave. We are sure to enjoy the Enclave for a many years to come.

The Enclave Saved My Life!
By jbjomo on 10/17/08 07:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had a terrible accident but I was able to walk away from it thanks to the Enclave! It took the brunt of the damage and it was totaled. My insurance agent was amazed that I survived due to the condition of the outside of the vehicle. I'm going to purchase an '09 for a replacement.

Great When It Doesn't Leak
By bondguy on 10/09/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car since March of 2008. I love the style and the quiet ride. However, I am so thankful that I lease this vehicle and wouldn't ever think of buying one after the problems I have experienced. Once in for electrical problems after owning it for 3 months. 3 times in for leak in ceiling (water drips in through the third row overhead maplights). The car came back to me after being in the shop (3rd time for leak) last week. So far, so good. No more leaks. Mileage is worse than what GM claims averaging 19 overall highway with stop and go a lot. Beautiful driving as it is very quiet. Pickup is just okay though.

Could have been a great vehicle but...
By chumster on 09/26/08 06:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I accept the fact that my Enclave might be a lemon. Camshafts, weird engine noises, minor electrical freak- outs- and that's only within the first 3 months of ownership. The design is good but build quality is very average - panels do not align well, some a crooked, etc. It does what it is designed for - haul 7-8 people, but the transmision will make you adjust your driving style to a typical Buick drivers style. Add a virtually non-existent support by GM/local dealers ( I tried a few) and you may want to think carefuly before you but it.

Compliments Galore
By Tammie on 09/13/08 04:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have never received so many compliments on the appearance of a vehicle. Total strangers have said to me "You've got a really nice looking vehicle". The ride is incredible smooth, especially for a sport utility vehicle. My kids love the interior features. The seats are very comfortable It is really fun to drive. The power lift gate is a wonderful feature. The tinted windows really make the interior cooler on hot days. The large windshield wipers are terrific!

Not your grandpa's Buick!
By karnut on 09/12/08 13:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned many cars, including , several corvettes, Fords, Honda (the worst car I ever owned), and many GM, mopars, light trucks and vans. This is my first review about a vehicle. With out a doubt, Buick Enclave is the finest crossover ever. Car is as smooth and quiet as any car you will find, smother, quieter than my sons new Lexus. I am averaging 17.8mpg around town, one small trip got 25.4mpg. High quality and attention to detail make it extra special. You should consider the back up camera as backing visibility is restricted by design. I traded a Tahoe which I loved but I am over it. Navagation system not as good as good as Garmin. GM should build all its cars like this

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.