Used 2008 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Love My Buick
By Bing

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Buick Enclave is best riding vehicle that I have ever had. The Enclave rides so smooth on the Interstate. I like all of the safety features standard on the Enclave. People ask me if I like my Enclave, I tell them no I love my Enclave. Gas mileage in cit could be much better.

The navigation system and the turn by turn assistance from GM is great.

The MPG needs to be improved

Nice. But.
By mhammel

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Enclave provides a decent ride and comfortable seating for 7 in our configuration. If this vehicle were manufactured by Ford , I'd buy another one. The GM experience is awful (and I mean GM, not just the dealer network). For instance, I purchased a very small, boat and wanted to add a trailer hitch. The owners manual indicates that a part has to be changed if a hitch is added and the dealer will take care of it.. Not so. The small part is a the entire fuse panel and to correctly modify the electronics in this car to support towing is so expensive the dealer wouldn't give me a price -there's even a TSB for this but GM has canceled the TSB. OnStar with Bell - no more, gone and more.

HID lighting. Heated windshield washer- whoops no more, Digital display of cruise control speed, quiet ride, OnStar with Bell-whoops no more, dual panel sunroof, versatility - fold down seating, tire pressure monitoring, park assist.

Standard sound system is poor for a vehicle in this price range. GM should treat the customer like they matter - I like this car, but won't buy another GM. GM got smart with the new models of the vehicle and added bluetooth. Onstar for calling is a rip- off without the Bell/ Ver. plans. Transmission

Transmission problems
By rowand

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The transmission went on my enclave It only has 97k on it. Have been waiting over 4 wks for repair. Parts still not in! Unacceptable!

Tire replacement
By bob

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My tires wore prematurely 3/32 at 26k miles dealer offered to buy two and I pay for two 618.00 for two tires so much for G M price matching 208.00 at Belle tire. My question is when I drove it in the dealership my vehicle drove beautifully when I drove out on a test drive it vibrated terribly it has been back six times and still not right. Last visit I was told to drive it 500 miles and come back. Can anybody help I don't have the time and they have driven it 300 miles testing it what is wrong? Thanks help

Worst car I ever owned
By Carol

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this 2008 Enclave as a Certified Preowned vehicle. Had 51,000 miles at purchase. So far the air conditioner sensor, transmission & Tire sensor have had to be replaced and there was some sort of electrical short that had to be fixed. Gas mileage is about 10 in the city and about 18 on the road. Much less than advertised. They loaned me another 2008 Enclave to drive on vacation because mine was in the shop and the water pump went out in it. Transmission doesn't shift well in low speeds. RPM runs too high. Worst car I ever bought.

It looks nice inside and out.

Better transmission and better gas mileage.

• SUV