Used 2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Tire replacement
By bob

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My tires wore prematurely 3/32 at 26k miles dealer offered to buy two and I pay for two 618.00 for two tires so much for G M price matching 208.00 at Belle tire. My question is when I drove it in the dealership my vehicle drove beautifully when I drove out on a test drive it vibrated terribly it has been back six times and still not right. Last visit I was told to drive it 500 miles and come back. Can anybody help I don't have the time and they have driven it 300 miles testing it what is wrong? Thanks help

Worst car I ever owned
By Carol

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this 2008 Enclave as a Certified Preowned vehicle. Had 51,000 miles at purchase. So far the air conditioner sensor, transmission & Tire sensor have had to be replaced and there was some sort of electrical short that had to be fixed. Gas mileage is about 10 in the city and about 18 on the road. Much less than advertised. They loaned me another 2008 Enclave to drive on vacation because mine was in the shop and the water pump went out in it. Transmission doesn't shift well in low speeds. RPM runs too high. Worst car I ever bought.

Favorite Features

It looks nice inside and out.

Suggested Improvements

Better transmission and better gas mileage.

Electronic Problems
By OnE

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

During our purchase of our 2008 used Enclave from Gene Messer Ford. The vehicle had several electrical problems that the dealer said was normal and we could pay to have it fixed. Electric window did not operate, electric seat motors were non functional, and the water pump went out right after we got it. Granted it was used with 60000 miles. One would expect the electronics and water pump to at least hit the 100000 mark. I have also noticed some other electrical problems. When the waterpump went out the vehicle gave an overtemp warning and the display showed "shut off engine". We immediately did. Something killed the battery and this made key be locked in the ignition. Sounds like a pro-thef

Favorite Features

Interior and exterior design and comfort.

Suggested Improvements

More reliable engine parts, better programming in controls. Fix electrical bugs. Fix transmission programming. Better quality parts on all electronics. Try buying more parts made in America instead of Brazil and other areas.

Great Vehicle
By Jon

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have nearly 40,000 miles on the vehicle. Absolutely no issues and a wonderful driving experience every day. Great use of space in this vehicle. Hard to believe it has this much space, good power and still gets over 20 mpg consistently on the highway. Drives like a car with much better versatility. Home run for GM.

Favorite Features

Excellent drivability yet the space of a large SUV. Space is very flexible.

Suggested Improvements

NAV units are priced to high. Good option but for 10x the price of a portable? Not.

Best car I've ever owned
By Joe

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

By far, the best car I've ever owned (including Lexus, Acura, BMW, etc). Quieter than all of the previous cars, comfortable and great use of space. Incredible amount of space considering exterior dimensions. This is the first car I've ever owned that I will buy another of the same type.

Favorite Features

Comfort and reliability. 48,000 miles still on original tires and brakes. Dealer says some users get over 100,000 miles on front brake pads.

Suggested Improvements

Some delays on downshifting like all drive by wire cars. One or two blind spots in the rear. But these are very minor compliants.