2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews 8

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
The jury's still deliberating
By DAz on 12/12/08 12:04 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We moved out of the domestic market in the 1990's for better quality, e.g. Nissan, Lexus. We wanted an AWD SUV and deduced that the quality imports had gotten out of our reach. We were really taken by the Enclave when we tested one out, so we ordered one. To our disappointment we have found that the wheels & hubs build up with snow, ice or mud which sets up an uncomfortable vibration Which can only be alleviated by washing the wheels thoroughly with a pressure washer. The Dealer tells us that this is a common issue in all the newer vehicles due to the open hub. I am suspicious that this is a run around. I also drive a 2008 Explorer at work that exhibits no such problem.

This Ain't Your Grand Pa's Buick
By j graham on 11/25/08 20:40 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was a little unsure going from a Lexus RX 300, but now I can tell you I have surely traded up! It felt a little big at first, but I have come to love the looks, driveablity and functionality. It has plenty of power. I got very concerned during the high gas prices recently, but my mileage has actually improved. I have put on 10000 miles in 5 months. I get about 19 in my combo city/interstate work commute driving and about 27, yes 27 on the open highway. Also recently during the hurricane damage and recovery it has come in very handy making trips to Lowes and Home Depot. We got it fully loaded with AWD. We love all the features - lots of luxury and a sport drive.

Way to go GM! A great luxurious ride.
By Dan on 11/20/08 13:16 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Wanting to replace my Escalade, I looked at Mercedes, Lexus, Infiniti, Acura, & Mazda's. I then found the GM Lamda platform of which Traverse caught my eye first. I then drove the Outlook and Acadia but after I drove the Enclave I knew! It had such an incredibly smooth, quiet ride with technology only found in more expensive vechiles. After I get over the shock that I am driving a Buick (it looks so damn good for a Buick!), all else has been a fantastic experience for me. This platform should help Americians look at buying a great product from their own country again.

Enclave is great
By Jim on 11/20/08 07:42 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great riding vehicle with good space. I love the amenities and that it uses regular gas. The transmission stinks. It's always searching and you have to tromp it just to keep up with rural traffic but on the highway it's fine. Gas mileage has been 14mpg commuting and 22mpg on the highway. It is a very quiet riding vehicle though.

Excellent
By paul d on 11/19/08 15:51 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had this vehicle one month. I love it. Great comfort, smooth. GM has a winner with this vehicle.

Great Crossover SUV
By Texas Owner on 11/15/08 10:21 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We absolutely love this crossover. We receive many compliments on its styling. Absolutely no problem other than the transmission hesitates on occasion. There is a program change we are considering which I'm told will seem like a 50 hp boost..downside I'm told might be a lost in fuel economy (Currently 17.9 MPG in town and consistently with hard driving on the freeway 21+ MPG). We bought the factory running boards-they are very helpful for some elderly folks we transport and it really dresses up that vehicle..and they fit perfectly into the styling. Only downside, power lift hits our garage door (triggers automatic close) so we have to turn it off when we drive into the garage.

Audi Q7 killer!
By GCH on 11/04/08 13:50 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just yesterday our Enclave was finally delivered. We had to wait a few months as we had the car imported from the US. We had driven the car during our two weeks holidays in Florida May 2008 and fell in love with it. The car drives smoothly, is silent and has a lot of space. With 3 children the Enclave is the perfect family car. Classy and not as ordinary as a BMW X5 or Audi Q7. The fun part is that the Enclave offers as much as these cars but is far cheaper. Too bad that the XM radio does not work in Europe. It uses fuel but not as much as expected. We like the seats for total 8 people and the exclusive look & feel of the Enclave. We are sure to enjoy the Enclave for a many years to come.

The Enclave Saved My Life!
By jbjomo on 10/17/08 07:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had a terrible accident but I was able to walk away from it thanks to the Enclave! It took the brunt of the damage and it was totaled. My insurance agent was amazed that I survived due to the condition of the outside of the vehicle. I'm going to purchase an '09 for a replacement.

Great When It Doesn't Leak
By bondguy on 10/09/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car since March of 2008. I love the style and the quiet ride. However, I am so thankful that I lease this vehicle and wouldn't ever think of buying one after the problems I have experienced. Once in for electrical problems after owning it for 3 months. 3 times in for leak in ceiling (water drips in through the third row overhead maplights). The car came back to me after being in the shop (3rd time for leak) last week. So far, so good. No more leaks. Mileage is worse than what GM claims averaging 19 overall highway with stop and go a lot. Beautiful driving as it is very quiet. Pickup is just okay though.

Could have been a great vehicle but...
By chumster on 09/26/08 06:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I accept the fact that my Enclave might be a lemon. Camshafts, weird engine noises, minor electrical freak- outs- and that's only within the first 3 months of ownership. The design is good but build quality is very average - panels do not align well, some a crooked, etc. It does what it is designed for - haul 7-8 people, but the transmision will make you adjust your driving style to a typical Buick drivers style. Add a virtually non-existent support by GM/local dealers ( I tried a few) and you may want to think carefuly before you but it.