2008 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Very nice for its class
By Enclave Fan on 02/24/09 21:35 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Enclave used with 11K miles and remaining factory warranty and have owned it for nearly 1 year. It has served us well with no problems. It is quieter and smoother riding than its relative (Acadia). Middle seats are comfortable, 3rd row comfort is exceptional. We average about 17 mpg/city, and 24/hwy, which is just as good as my 2005 Hyundai Sonata was getting prior to trade in; So pretty good for its size in my opinion. Although we love this SUV, we are looking to trade it in for a van as it lacks the convenient power sliding side doors, and the cargo space of a van. I'm in need of something more practical for 2 children.

Excellent vehicle for Canadians
By Kimberly on 02/12/09 10:06 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is adding years to my life. I'm comfortable and stress free in traffic. Love how quiet the ride is, the DVD system is great for the kids, great heat, tons of room, very safe on ice or in poor winter driving conditions, visibility good in front and lights are perfect for highway driving. Fuel mileage not what the old Corolla used to get, but what do you really want? You're driving something much bigger. Had to have the radio replaced at 8 000 k but no problems otherwise. Noticed a bit of a rattle in the front sunroof after 10,000k.

I really love this Enclave!
By New Buick Lover on 02/05/09 10:02 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my 2008 Enclave. I have owned the vehicle for six months and I have had no problems at all. We went on a road trip in October from Arkansas to Florida with four adults and all of our luggage and there was plenty of room for everyone. The Turn by Turn Navigation was wonderful! The car is very comfortable and quiet on the road. I love the XM radio and also the fold flat third row seating. I had a Tahoe and to get the extra space in back you had to remove the seats and they were heavy! And also where were you going to put them?! The first six months have been a joy with this car!

I hate the Buick Enclave
By IHATEBUICKENCLAVE on 01/31/09 15:07 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2nd row (when folded forward) floats while driving (no latch to keep it in place). No room for groceries in hatch. Cannot open hatch in garage - too high. Remote start seldom works, took it to dealership and told me that "electrical devices could be getting in the way". Driver's side heat blasts on one side only; burning one foot while the other one freezes. Seats six not seven comfortably. The pin stripe is one little stripe down the side and you have to pay an additional $700 for something that is already on the car; it wasn't negotiable. No power when passing. Bose sound is a joke as you hear everything on the outside of the car. I have had leaks and other issues. The Buick Enclave is attractive, but it is not sound proof as some guy blogged earlier. I have had this car for a year and trust me, I hear everything. I was told not to buy it but I thought it was so beautiful...regret everyday now. I seriously hate driving this car.

The older crowd still love the Buick
By Dee on 01/22/09 10:10 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I never thought that I would buy what was considered an old persons car, whether I was young or old. Now, I am older, I love the Buicks. I researched a lot of cars and SUV's before making this choice. This SUV has something about its style and technology that when I drive it, not only am I sold but my family is happy with my choice.

Highway is great
By Don Millsap on 01/19/09 17:15 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchase a new car about every 14 months, this is one of the best cars we've ever owned. Had no problems so far. Like the manual shifter in the mountains.

Buick Shmuick
By MarknMich on 01/09/09 18:34 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After first month of owning this Enclave has been nothing but trouble. Since June 08 we have had two transmission software updates (tranny shifting still terrible. Acts as though it doesn't know what gear it's suppose to be in). Rear liftgate opens by itself (when car off luckily). With automatic operation turned off we still hear the lift motor engage. Heat controls stopped working twice. At times when driving all gauges read as though the car is turned off. With cruise control set at 75 MPH for nearly two hours the best MPG I get is 17. In city getting 13 MPG is a good day. Dealer is trying their best but I don't hold out for much improvement.

A great, but not perfect
By erumo on 12/30/08 22:56 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall a very good vehicle. I'm very glad that I overcame my bias that Buick is for grandparents. This one is definitely worth checking out when considering Lexus or BMW. My minor negatives: I'm 5'11" and once adjusted the steering wheel almost totally obstructs the speedometer. The navigation system is hands down the worst one I've owned. It often will not recognize side roads and has poor voice prompts for upcoming turns. I find myself frequently looking at the screen when I can rely completely on voice prompts with my other vehicles. Finally, the second row captain seats are great, but a console option between them would be a welcome addition.

The jury's still deliberating
By DAz on 12/12/08 12:04 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We moved out of the domestic market in the 1990's for better quality, e.g. Nissan, Lexus. We wanted an AWD SUV and deduced that the quality imports had gotten out of our reach. We were really taken by the Enclave when we tested one out, so we ordered one. To our disappointment we have found that the wheels & hubs build up with snow, ice or mud which sets up an uncomfortable vibration Which can only be alleviated by washing the wheels thoroughly with a pressure washer. The Dealer tells us that this is a common issue in all the newer vehicles due to the open hub. I am suspicious that this is a run around. I also drive a 2008 Explorer at work that exhibits no such problem.

This Ain't Your Grand Pa's Buick
By j graham on 11/25/08 20:40 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was a little unsure going from a Lexus RX 300, but now I can tell you I have surely traded up! It felt a little big at first, but I have come to love the looks, driveablity and functionality. It has plenty of power. I got very concerned during the high gas prices recently, but my mileage has actually improved. I have put on 10000 miles in 5 months. I get about 19 in my combo city/interstate work commute driving and about 27, yes 27 on the open highway. Also recently during the hurricane damage and recovery it has come in very handy making trips to Lowes and Home Depot. We got it fully loaded with AWD. We love all the features - lots of luxury and a sport drive.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Buick Enclave Suv in WA is:

$136 per month*