Used 2008 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

I used to be a GM Fan.
By Doug G

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Mine was preowned but practically new when I got it. Great looks and design concept, but disappointing quality. The gears stripped out in the power seat control and was replaced (I'm not Fat); The entire steering column was replaced to eliminate a persistent knocking; There is a constant rubber- on-rubber squeak when you turn the steering wheel, which the dealer tells me he has brand new Enclaves with the same problem and Buick has no fix; a water pump went out last month; in cold weather the front end cracks and pops and sounds like the FWD drive train and suspension is flying apart; drips oil. Generally speaking, it's looks good and is comfortable, but is a typical, poorly built U.S. car

Favorite Features

Interior space layout and seating; XM/Nav/Reverse-Camera system; Good MPG (Ave. 22 MPG on a recent 2,000 mile trip to Colorado); comfortable ride and quiet, except for of all the squeaks, creaks, and rattles due to poor fit and finish; V-6 engine will get up and move when you need it to.

Suggested Improvements

Tire size exclusive to Enclave with only one Michelin and one BF Goodrich to choose from, Hi $$. Poor build quality that results lots of squeaks and rattles for a high-end, luxury car. Front end suspense and drive train doesn't have a solid feel. At cruising speed it shifts in and out of OD a lot.

Enclave Driving for Almost 2 Years
By personal

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I read a blog before we purchased who advised to purchase the back-up camera system due to the blind spots. I took that advise & it was right on. I'm about 5'5" and my complaint is the visor doesn't block the sun when it is on the Driver's side. Lethargic pick- up is my other complaint. There is a 'lag' when slowing down and then gaining acceleration to pass another car. Also a little thing but important to a woman is the hook on the back of the driver's seat is useless.

Favorite Features

Love the look. We've taken several trips of 500 miles or more one way, and it is comfortable. Drives well and has plenty of room for our golf clubs in addition to luggage. Easy to store all the items I buy @ Target & the grocery store. Great overall w/safety bags well protecting the car.

Suggested Improvements

How about devising a visor to protect shorter people from the sun. Definitely need to beef up acceleration. Add a usable clothes hanging spot. Keep the exterior look. We think it stands out from the SUV 'crowd' with the front grill & styling which is what we were looking for.

Love My Buick
By Bing

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Buick Enclave is best riding vehicle that I have ever had. The Enclave rides so smooth on the Interstate. I like all of the safety features standard on the Enclave. People ask me if I like my Enclave, I tell them no I love my Enclave. Gas mileage in cit could be much better.

Favorite Features

The navigation system and the turn by turn assistance from GM is great.

Suggested Improvements

The MPG needs to be improved

Nice. But.
By mhammel

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Enclave provides a decent ride and comfortable seating for 7 in our configuration. If this vehicle were manufactured by Ford , I'd buy another one. The GM experience is awful (and I mean GM, not just the dealer network). For instance, I purchased a very small, boat and wanted to add a trailer hitch. The owners manual indicates that a part has to be changed if a hitch is added and the dealer will take care of it.. Not so. The small part is a the entire fuse panel and to correctly modify the electronics in this car to support towing is so expensive the dealer wouldn't give me a price -there's even a TSB for this but GM has canceled the TSB. OnStar with Bell - no more, gone and more.

Favorite Features

HID lighting. Heated windshield washer- whoops no more, Digital display of cruise control speed, quiet ride, OnStar with Bell-whoops no more, dual panel sunroof, versatility - fold down seating, tire pressure monitoring, park assist.

Suggested Improvements

Standard sound system is poor for a vehicle in this price range. GM should treat the customer like they matter - I like this car, but won't buy another GM. GM got smart with the new models of the vehicle and added bluetooth. Onstar for calling is a rip- off without the Bell/ Ver. plans. Transmission

Transmission problems
By rowand

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The transmission went on my enclave It only has 97k on it. Have been waiting over 4 wks for repair. Parts still not in! Unacceptable!