2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews 7

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

2008 Enclave Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
Buick Enclave - 2008 CXL AWD
By traveler

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have 12000 miles on our Enclave. Love the car. Traveled from Illinois to Florida and car performed beautifully. Car had a bad battery at delivery but that was quickly resolved. Excellent highway mileage, 22 mpg. with full load. Very comfortable ride and so far all accessories performing perfectly. Some visibility problems for shorter drivers.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride. Very comfortable seating. We have the 7 pass. version and the second row bucket seats are very comfortable. Also, the DVD is great for grand kids. Great amount of stowing capacity and pulls a boat with no problems ( we have factory towing package)

Suggested Improvements

It would be great if the tailgate window opened, so the entire tailgate doesn't have to be raised to gain access. Transmission shifts quite frequently on relatively minor upgrades.

Leaky Sunroof/Roof
By Culpster

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have a 2008 Enclave, and where as I love the basics of the car - the sunroof leaks terribly. I have taken it in three times, every time they say it is fixed and it is not. We live in Oregon, and rain happens a lot here, and this issue is really frustrating. I don't care that it is under warranty - it is a huge inconvenience and frustrations. I would not recommend buying one with a sunroof because I have now read on-line that a lot of people have the same problem. So if you want a nice car with no sunroof, I would recommend it - but with a sunroof I would not.

Favorite Features

the interior size of the car, and that it is a luxury SUV without the super high price tag

Suggested Improvements

fix the sun roof!

Very nice for its class
By Enclave Fan

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We bought our Enclave used with 11K miles and remaining factory warranty and have owned it for nearly 1 year. It has served us well with no problems. It is quieter and smoother riding than its relative (Acadia). Middle seats are comfortable, 3rd row comfort is exceptional. We average about 17 mpg/city, and 24/hwy, which is just as good as my 2005 Hyundai Sonata was getting prior to trade in; So pretty good for its size in my opinion. Although we love this SUV, we are looking to trade it in for a van as it lacks the convenient power sliding side doors, and the cargo space of a van. I'm in need of something more practical for 2 children.

Favorite Features

Power liftgate, heated seats, dual heating/air, ease of folding 3rd row seats, Auto on/off headlights. Picks up and goes. Also handles well for large, high vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

Not crazy about the layout of front console; redesign for better functionality. Plus, dash board storage console serves little to no purpose. Anything placed inside is subject to sun damage. Door bumper guard would be nice.

Excellent vehicle for Canadians
By Kimberly

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is adding years to my life. I'm comfortable and stress free in traffic. Love how quiet the ride is, the DVD system is great for the kids, great heat, tons of room, very safe on ice or in poor winter driving conditions, visibility good in front and lights are perfect for highway driving. Fuel mileage not what the old Corolla used to get, but what do you really want? You're driving something much bigger. Had to have the radio replaced at 8 000 k but no problems otherwise. Noticed a bit of a rattle in the front sunroof after 10,000k.

Favorite Features

Love the rear view camera, comfortable interior, great highway ride and especially the security on Canadian roads. Very safe feeling vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

A few more finishing touches like covering the sides of the sun roof would be nice.

I really love this Enclave!
By New Buick Lover

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am very pleased with my 2008 Enclave. I have owned the vehicle for six months and I have had no problems at all. We went on a road trip in October from Arkansas to Florida with four adults and all of our luggage and there was plenty of room for everyone. The Turn by Turn Navigation was wonderful! The car is very comfortable and quiet on the road. I love the XM radio and also the fold flat third row seating. I had a Tahoe and to get the extra space in back you had to remove the seats and they were heavy! And also where were you going to put them?! The first six months have been a joy with this car!

Favorite Features

I love the fold flat third row seating and the ease of folding the second row seats. I was able to bring home an eight foot ladder from Home Depot and I sure couldn't have done that with the Avolon I traded in on this. I also love the XM radio & OnStar.

Suggested Improvements

The transmission sometimes seems a little "busy". When I have the cruise set it will downshift at the smallest incline. A little sluggish in merging too.

I hate the Buick Enclave
By IHATEBUICKENCLAVE

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2nd row (when folded forward) floats while driving (no latch to keep it in place). No room for groceries in hatch. Cannot open hatch in garage - too high. Remote start seldom works, took it to dealership and told me that "electrical devices could be getting in the way". Driver's side heat blasts on one side only; burning one foot while the other one freezes. Seats six not seven comfortably. The pin stripe is one little stripe down the side and you have to pay an additional $700 for something that is already on the car; it wasn't negotiable. No power when passing. Bose sound is a joke as you hear everything on the outside of the car. I have had leaks and other issues. The Buick Enclave is attractive, but it is not sound proof as some guy blogged earlier. I have had this car for a year and trust me, I hear everything. I was told not to buy it but I thought it was so beautiful...regret everyday now. I seriously hate driving this car.

Favorite Features

I have zero favorite issues.

Suggested Improvements

Heat needs to be balanced on driver's side. Remote start needs to work and when it does make it last longer than three minutes. Make a device to keep second row seats from floating back and forth while driving. Hatch needs adjustment to avoid hitting garage track. Cloth seats to hard.

The older crowd still love the Buick
By Dee

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I never thought that I would buy what was considered an old persons car, whether I was young or old. Now, I am older, I love the Buicks. I researched a lot of cars and SUV's before making this choice. This SUV has something about its style and technology that when I drive it, not only am I sold but my family is happy with my choice.

Favorite Features

Hand Free telephone. OnStar and the remote start for cold days. The seating for seven and the folding mirrors. Navigation system is great as I have no sense of direction.

Suggested Improvements

I like to see rain guards to catch the rain from running on the electrical window buttons. The exceleration and the vibration of the rims when the windows are down.

Highway is great
By Don Millsap

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchase a new car about every 14 months, this is one of the best cars we've ever owned. Had no problems so far. Like the manual shifter in the mountains.

Favorite Features

Love the looks of the car and so do other folks.

Suggested Improvements

Hate the sunroof. Doesn't open up enough. Gas mileage could be better.

Buick Shmuick
By MarknMich

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After first month of owning this Enclave has been nothing but trouble. Since June 08 we have had two transmission software updates (tranny shifting still terrible. Acts as though it doesn't know what gear it's suppose to be in). Rear liftgate opens by itself (when car off luckily). With automatic operation turned off we still hear the lift motor engage. Heat controls stopped working twice. At times when driving all gauges read as though the car is turned off. With cruise control set at 75 MPH for nearly two hours the best MPG I get is 17. In city getting 13 MPG is a good day. Dealer is trying their best but I don't hold out for much improvement.

Favorite Features

Interior / exterior design

Suggested Improvements

How long has GM been making transmissions? Based on this car one would think this is their first attempt.

A great, but not perfect
By erumo

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Overall a very good vehicle. I'm very glad that I overcame my bias that Buick is for grandparents. This one is definitely worth checking out when considering Lexus or BMW. My minor negatives: I'm 5'11" and once adjusted the steering wheel almost totally obstructs the speedometer. The navigation system is hands down the worst one I've owned. It often will not recognize side roads and has poor voice prompts for upcoming turns. I find myself frequently looking at the screen when I can rely completely on voice prompts with my other vehicles. Finally, the second row captain seats are great, but a console option between them would be a welcome addition.

Favorite Features

Smooth quiet ride, very relaxing driving experience. Second row 110v standard outlet is great for the kid's video games or other small electronics.

Suggested Improvements

Replace navigation system, improve instrument layout, add second row console.