2008 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
We Are Really Enjoying This Vehicle!
By GoPhillies on 09/15/09 13:23 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Waited until we had owned for a year before writing a review. Our Enclave is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned. My first American car ('75 Chevy Monte Carlo) was also my last because it was junk. Bought my first import new ('87 Honda Accord), have disparaged American cars since. Then I had the Enclave Experience. What a great American car! I was actually proud to be able to buy and recommend an American car. We use it primarily for long trips, and have spent 10 hours on the road in absolute comfort. We have small kids and the entertainment system (Bose, w/satellite and DVD) keeps everyone happy. Six adults fit easily. It's beautiful, and even strangers complement it. Get one.

Best Reason To Drive American-Made
By Mark on 09/08/09 17:32 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have 25000 miles on my enclave and haven't had any major issues with my vehicle. On the highway at 50-55 mph I have easily gotten 30 mpg or better with the cruise on. At 60-65 mph with the cruise on I get about 29 mph. The on-star service eliminates my need for a navigation unit. I fill my tank every 9 days. The sunroof problem was easily fixed in one visit and I have had no more leaks. It turned heads the same day I purchased it and folk continue to drive up beside me and ask about it along with expressing how much they want one. Stick with the routine maintenance and chances are your buick will be on the road for a long time.

Smooth quiet ride
By Packer FAn on 08/23/09 17:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Took awhile to get used to the six speed transmission but I now love the car. We have taken two long trips (12000 miles)and fell in love with the car. Very quiet compared to the GMC and Saturn versions just great to drive on the freeway at high speeds...sticks to the road and very smooth..better than any Cadillac I ever owned

never again
By Bruce on 07/23/09 17:10 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is quite comfortable to drive and that is where my satisfaction ends. It has been back to the dealership many times for numerous problems.As of tonight you can't even shut the car off. We are driving a loaner. Had to get the jack out of the car and you need an engineering degree to do that. Would never want to have to use it along the road. Degree sensor problems, navigation problems transmission not shifting properly. If this is the kind of quality that you get for a vehicle this expensive it is no wonder General Motors is in the position they are. This is my last G.M. I guess it's Ford of Toyota from here on out

Great Vehicle - but
By Jimbo on 07/12/09 11:21 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Enclave is a great vehicle but a few things Buick needs to change: 1. Rain gutter over the doors - in rain or after an open door leads to the seat below getting soaked with the runoff from the roof. 2. If you open the rear seat windows while the front windows are up, the vibration is incredible - the car shakes badly, this is a problem! 3. Put the outside temperature gauge on the mirror with the compass. The passenger, my wife, cannot see the temp in the dash cluster and I'm tired of having to tell her what the temperature outside is every 30 miles...

2008 Buick Enclave
By Marie on 06/22/09 12:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased the model with 2nd row bench seat so we could put the childs car seat in the middle. The middle compartment does move, but she can still kick the audio dials facing the 2nd row. The outside rear view mirrors block when turning left or right for someone that is short. The GPS system leaves a lot to be desired. We have a Garmin portable in the other vehicle and it does a lot better job. On sunny days, rear navigation system cannot be seen. Wish it had better gas mileage.

Buick Enclave
By debbie on 04/27/09 10:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted a car with 3 rows of seats to hold 6 grandchildren but also wanted a nice interior for myself--enclave was perfect. I have always had a large SUV but my husband wanted me to get away from a vehicle that large--enclave great size. It looks great, drives great--still very happy a year later

Wonderful Car
By atm on 03/27/09 17:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I received this as a Christmas present from my husband in 2007. It is my favorite car ever. My college age children did not like my mini-van and urged me to get a SUV. But, this is so much better than an ordinary SUV. It's a luxury car with SUV features. I have driven from Pennsylvania to Texas twice and love the GPS system and XM radio and the room. I just read where Buick has the best rating for service and I believe it. I would recommend this car to anyone. My children, who are 24 and 21 both have borrowed my car for road trips. It's not just an "old" person's car. They love it, too.

Buick Enclave - 2008 CXL AWD
By traveler on 03/25/09 10:15 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have 12000 miles on our Enclave. Love the car. Traveled from Illinois to Florida and car performed beautifully. Car had a bad battery at delivery but that was quickly resolved. Excellent highway mileage, 22 mpg. with full load. Very comfortable ride and so far all accessories performing perfectly. Some visibility problems for shorter drivers.

Leaky Sunroof/Roof
By Culpster on 03/04/09 14:43 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have a 2008 Enclave, and where as I love the basics of the car - the sunroof leaks terribly. I have taken it in three times, every time they say it is fixed and it is not. We live in Oregon, and rain happens a lot here, and this issue is really frustrating. I don't care that it is under warranty - it is a huge inconvenience and frustrations. I would not recommend buying one with a sunroof because I have now read on-line that a lot of people have the same problem. So if you want a nice car with no sunroof, I would recommend it - but with a sunroof I would not.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.