Used 2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

For Fair Weather only!
By EAS

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you live in an area that has rain and/or snow - please reconsider purchasing a 2008 Enclave. This car is terrible on wet roads. All else seems to be fairly good; no other issues.

Favorite Features

Good looking vehicle.

Regret Purchase
By wilson

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I really regret purchasing my Buick Enclave. This is the first time I have purchased a Buick and it will be the last! Had to have transmission fixed. It took 3 weeks. Now having the same problem. When driving the car suddenly downshifts and I go from 65mph to 45mph and can not do anything about it. The last time I lost all power steering. Very dangerous when it happens on the highway. My car is at the dealership right now and I do not want it back!

in the shop 17 times!
By Dr. D

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had numerous problems with my Enclave. It has been in the shop 17 times, towed 4 times and been jumped 3 times. I first had the battery replaced w/in 8 months of ownership and it has been downhill since. The odometer malfunctioned, water pump replaced in the 2nd year and the transmission was replaced after 2 years. The car has leaked, trunk malfunctioned, On Star was repaired and though I know I am leaving out things, you get the gist of my experience. The time spent and money wasted on car rentals is beyond acceptable. The only positive in my Buick experience is that the service center staff were wonderful and empathic; Kim went out of her way to help me out. Buyer beware!

Favorite Features

I am so damaged by the lack of reliability, I cannot find any. Maybe the auto start feature......

Suggested Improvements

Self explanatory ie. reliability. Also the front pillar and side view mirror together create a huuuge blind spot for both short and taller drivers.

Serious Reliability Issues
By SunShine

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I wanted to love this car because it has the features that I needed, and it is my first American built car. Unfortunately, this car has had terrible reliability. The transmission had to be replaced, several rattle and motor sounds had to be fixed, the air conditioner had to be fixed twice already and it still doesn't work, and I just had to be towed, one week after my 50,000 maintenance, because of brake issues. I was on my way to taking my daughter to the hospital! I seriously regret purchasing this car.

Favorite Features

Third row seat that an average size adult can use Beautiful lines inside and out Price for features

Suggested Improvements

Reliability!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smoother shifting at higher speeds Slightly longer seat cushion on second row seats

Buick Enclave
By donald longest

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is a great vehicle. The only things to improve is the small rear window and needs more Hp