Used 2008 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Drop Dead Gorgeous
By smd

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my Enclave in late February. I have never even considered a Buick, (always thought of as a granny's car), until I saw the Enclave. I knew it was what I wanted. I drove to many dealerships for about 5 months to see all the colors they had to offer before choosing. I have the White Diamond Tricoat and 19" chrome wheels. It is absolutely head-turning gorgeous. I drive my cars for a very long time (10-12 yrs) before buying a new one so I thought about it a long time before I was sure that this was what I wanted. I'm glad I choose it. My kids love it. It it fully loaded with Cashmere leather. I get plenty of stares especially because the White Diamond is so hard to come by.

Favorite Features

Everything. Buick has a real winner with this one.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Great crossover!
By Matt Kahn

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best crossover out in the market. We looked at every one and found the Buick was the best priced and had the most options standard. Our Buick has every option available. With GM's OnStar you can do without the navigation. I will only buy cars that have OnStar. Hopefully this will be the start of good things to come from GM.

Favorite Features

OnStar

Wow!
By Elaine

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned Jeep, Explorer, Mountaineer, and Infiniti SUV's. This is way above and beyond the others. I have been searching for a smooth car- like ride, quiet interior so I can actually talk to all passengers, user friendly dashboard and controls, and plenty of cargo room. I've hit paydirt! I purchased a BMW X5 and Cadillac SRX for employers recently, but the Buick is superior all around (they're both jealous). With my teenage boys and their friends, we have plenty of leg room for all. The level of comfort is wonderful. I've haven't been this happy with a vehicle since I don't remember when. Wish the gas mileage was better and the transmission needs improvement.

Favorite Features

Looks, comfort, quiet ride, quiet interior, cargo room, smooth ride, OnStar navigation.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage around town is not good. Transmission needs adjusting or re-engineering. I have to be careful accelerating onto a highway. Sometimes it gets hung up between gears and I have to back way off to get it back on track (not good when everyone around you is going 75 and you're at 40).

A winning Buick
By Chuck

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Stoll love this care after dring for 9 months and 14m miles. Great design, inside and out. Technology is first class. Love the quiet ride. I traded a BMW SUV that I loved, and now love the Buick more. This is first American car I've acquired personally in almost 40 years, and its quality holds up well against Mercedes, BMWs, Jaguars I've had.

Favorite Features

The quiet. Comfortable with lots of room for everything, myself included. Like the dash design and wood trim. rear electric lift gate is a real convenience. Lots of legroom for rear passengers, even in third row. XM radio and OnStar are really helpful.

Suggested Improvements

Need better coat hooks in back seat. Should have a center storage and arm rest in back seat. Shifting a little sluggish, but excellent power. Get a little under 20 mpg average -- would like better.

In the Shop Before 1,000 Miles
By DKS

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Enclave but have had to have the overhead cams and head replaced in the engine. The engine light kept coming on and going off. I had it in the shop 4 times before Buick fessed up to a problem with the cam shaft being milled too much. As far as comfort and fun to drive I couldn't find anything better. I was afraid of buying a Buick and we will see if this major replacement will change my mind.

Favorite Features

I think the Enclave is the best looking SUV Crossover around--inside and out. It is classy! I love the garage door opener being built in!

Suggested Improvements

The visibility is horrible when turning left and backing up-- especially at night! I wish the seats were cushioned a little more but that is just personal preference