Used 2008 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

First 2500 km impression
By DanielL

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have been driving my Enclave for just over 2500 km (~1500 mi) now in replacement of a Rendez Vous 2002. I really enjoy it. The drive is smooth, quiet and I find performance being acceptable for the size of the vehicle. Plenty of room for people and cargo. I like the overall usability of the cockpit; controls are easy to use and some are available on steering wheel, sliding arm support. Strongly recommend the car based on first impression.

Favorite Features

Tri-Zone climate control. Dash style, powered tail gate. Sliding 2nd row for easy access to 3rd row. Aux Input

Suggested Improvements

Seats comfort for long drives. Felt a bit of discomfort after driving 3-4 hrs straight (when comparing with the Rendezvous) Add baby car seat anchorage on middle seat in 2nd row. Increase storage volume in middle console (compared to RendezVous where you could fit a laptop)

This car is not worth the money I paid!
By mytdcm

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I thought I was doing the right thing by trading my Ford Expedition in for this... I was so wrong. I get the same gas mileage I did with my Expedition (16-17 MPG). I have taken my car into the service department numerous times to tell them it does not drive right. They tell me it is fine! Now it sounds like I am driving a truck with mud grip tires on it. It is roaring the the front right, but they do not hear anything! Last night we went out and it started raining, guess what... my car is leaking!!!!! This was the worse mistake I have ever made!

Favorite Features

The car looks nice inside and out, but my only favorite thing is the moon roof in the back. My kids like to look at the stars.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage should be what it says on the sticker, or better. GPS should be updated. We took it on a trip and it led us 10 miles away from our destination! They need to see about a way to better cover the back groves in the floor board. They get nasty with junk and dirt.

GM Gets it Right
By John

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Drivers who have abandoned domestics for foreign makes need to return to the fold. The quiet and comfortable ride rival any sedan- foreign or domestic that I have rode in. As you walk around the car and notice the fit and finish, you have to remind yourself this is really a domestic. The leg and head room, safety features galore, and comfortable ride are really something.

Favorite Features

Power liftgate, side curtain airbags for all outboard seats,ease of moving the captain's chairs-2nd row, fold flat back seat,On Star and XM Satellie, storage compartments, classy interior, quiet ride and handling, overall looks.

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest between driver and passenger for a short person difficult to use, no place between front seats to place purse for wife, with DVD in use limits back vision.

Best Car I Have Owned So Far
By Aggies95

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car is simply awesome. Quiet, luxurious, fun to drive. GM has finally decided to compete with Japan and Europe. The car is not perfect, but comes close. I test drove Acura MDX, BMW X5, Volvo C70, Mercedes ML, Lexus RX and Buick won out. The other cars were nice, but not as well thought out and not even close when it comes to value. I traded in my Lincoln Aviator. I was hesitant about buying another domestic car because I have been disappointed on the two that i owned. The Enclave has a generous warranty that should cover most problems.

Favorite Features

Sunroof, 2nd row seats, cargo room, smooth and quiet ride, and over all luxurious feel.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission needs a little improvement on shift points. Hybrid option.

Good GM--but don't nickel and dime us.
By briansal

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We are happy with this vehicle. 8-passenger seating (counsel unavailabe despite being pictured in all the ads this year). Plenty of pick-up and lots of room inside; OK fuel mileage for an SUV of this size Two words of advice: Consider adding an aftermarket GPS system instead of OEM GPS, because the DVD GPS data is two years old when you buy the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Interior: dash board and front seats

Suggested Improvements

The tilt mirrors do not return to the same spot they were at before they tilted; best to turn this feature off. GPS system DVD is 2 years old when you buy the vehicle, and you need to spend $200 to get the current DVD. Poor purchase incentives. Questionable value overall.