2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Superior fit and finish
By Jack on 07/11/07 13:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had no intention of buying an American car after a poor experience with a Pontiac Montana. Traded a Toyota Sienna after looking at the Enclave at a dealership. I was impressed with the quality and workmanship. Ride is very quiet, smooth and comfortable.

Road Master
By Dave on 07/06/07 04:48 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love this SUV. Had it a month now. Very quiet and comfortable. Handles well. Mileage as advertised. Many car reviews complain about the trans not downshifting quickly. These reviewers didn't understand when/how to use the manual shifter. On hilly highways select 5 instead of D. 6th gear is for mostly flat highways. On backroads D is fine. The auto-manual shifter works differently than my other cars. If you select 4 or 5 in manual mode, the trans will auto downshift and upshift to the gear selected. My other cars only downshift auomatically but require you to manually upshift through each gear.

Sweet but tight
By kookies on 07/04/07 18:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is a little squishy for teens, but has great gas mileage. It is great for traveling long distances, but regret getting the one with out the built-in DVD player for the kids in the back. I recommend the captain seats so the middle bench doesn’t get trashed with people climbing over it.

Positive 1st Impression
By Lee on 06/28/07 18:59 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My wife had her heart set on the new X5 but ultimately selected the Enclave due to the 50 extra cubic feet of cargo capacity and 3rd row seats suited for real people. It didn't hurt that the Enclave is quieter than the X5 and offers comparable features for $18K less. I drive a 5 series BMW so I was kind of rooting for the X5 but I find myself enjoying the Enclave more than I imagined. It does everything in a smooth and refined way. The brakes are very linear and the steering is quite responsive for a vehicle of such substantial proportion.

Great Crosover
By Mike on 06/28/07 10:32 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It is a great crossover SUV loaded with a lot of options. Great ride, but should have a little more HP.

Detroit's Coming Back!
By Joe in Detroit on 06/28/07 07:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

First looked at Mazda CX9 and was ready to buy it! Drove by Buick dealership and saw the Enclave. Bought it! Best truck I ever drove. Rides like a Cadillac with room like a Hummer!

I can't believe we own a Buick
By rich on 06/25/07 12:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We looked at the Acadia, Outlook, SRX and Mazda cx9 and ended up with the enclave...much nicer (classier) interior than all but the SRX, and it has a 4 year warranty too...took a 1200 mile trip on day 4 and the car ran perfectly...very smooth and quiet ride, in fact one of the most quiet cars I’ve driven...the front seats are very comfortable and I didn't get out of the car after 3 or 4 hours all tired and stiff...no complaints so far

Wow - nice vehicle!
By M and T on 06/24/07 19:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Now driven for about 1000 miles and am absolutely impressed. For the size of the vehicle (7 passenger) the Enclave is super quiet, handles well, gets decent gas mileage, is great to look at, and seems well built. Superior to my wife's Cadillac SRX in every way but handling and came in at a better price!

Just buy one
By cd on 06/23/07 14:58 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We ordered the Enclave without ever seeing it. Have owned it for two weeks and we love it. Great fit and finish, ride is superb, I have to admit this vehicle is so quiet you will think you are in a much more expensive vehicle.

This is a GM product?
By PJ on 06/22/07 08:23 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Was ready to buy an Acadia AWD, and then saw the Enclave CX FWD. More standard items. Acadia has no traction control. It was a no brainer Enclave all the way. MSRP's really close. Saturn Outlook would not discount MSRP! Extremely quiet, Buick did a great job on keeping the quiet in and sound out. Driving a pleasure, even my wife says it’s "so big" but does not drive that way, comfortable luxury ride, good handling for its size. It's surprising on turns. Very nice fit and finish. All around gas is decent according to the cars computer 17.5 Waiting to take it on a trip. This is my first GM in a long time and I do not think it is a GM car! I traded a Sienna van and have no regrets. What took Buick so long!?

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.