Used 2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Beautiful Buick
By Mario

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We look at almost every crossover model available on the market, but when we saw the Enclave, we fell in love. My wife still can't believe it's a Buick. Talking about a private jet, the inside is more like a first class section of a jumbo jet. Way to go Buick, keep it up because you already beat every foreign crossover in your class. My Enclave moved me so much that I personalized the license plate on it with my own name.

She is so good looking but it turn eyes on the streets whatever we go

None whatsoever

Quiet and Smooth are True Luxuries
By OwnedALot

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned and driven my Enclave now for 5200 miles and still love it. We just had our first child, and I sold my BMW M3 to get it. Never did I think I would love the quiet and smoothness so much, I assume my son likes it as well since he snoozes in it so well. I have also carried a full load of people on a 4-hour trip with no complaints and 20MPG. Not bad for 7 Adults and one child. As for around town driving, I get an average of about 17MPG with mostly local driving. I've never gotten less than 15MPG, with very city-like local short trips, so I am not sure what some people are doing to get less than that. Finally, we have had exactly 0 problems.

Quite and smooth ride, room to spare, power hatch, beautiful interior and exterior, tight turning radius, navigation system, touch-screen audio controls.

Bluetooth phone integration, less safety lock-outs on the NAV and audio controls, hybrid drive for better mileage (without sacrificing performance).

Awesome & Safe
By Awesome & Safe

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle in March of 2008. June 4th a storm came through our area and a tree fell on top of my Enclave. I can honestly tell you the car had no (zero) damage. The Enclave is a safe vehicle. This only disappointment I have is the acceleration and gas mileage. Otherwise, everything is great. I feel 100% safe in this vehicle.

Exterior & interior; quiteness, and roominess. Very safe!

Acceleration and poor gas mileage. I average 16 mpg.

A home run
By Rod

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I new I wanted this car before it hit the market. My dealer told me this was coming out in the spring of last year and when he showed me a picture, I was sold. I ordered one as soon as I could. The ride is very smooth, handles well and is very quiet. It definately attracts attention everywhere I go. People are always asking me about it. The Enclave is the best car I've ever owned.

I like the dual sun roofs. Never had a sun roof before and I made sure it was on this one. Its hard to specify a favorite because its everything you'd expect and more. The neatest thing is the car e-mails you each month with a systems check. The phone system is great too. To call the car is neat.

Reading the reviews there are a number of comments about the transmission. In July 2007, I purchased mine and there was a slip / jerk in the shifting, but within a couple weeks I received a notification that a new computer chip was available and to have it changed free of charge. It's fine now.

A little disappointed honestly
By smiths

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was really looking forward to better fuel economy than my Toyota Sequoia - but I've been very disappointed (avg 13 mpg - Sequoia avg was 16!). The dealer service department said they get tons of calls with dissatisfied customers regarding mileage of the Enclave. The transmission is also a bit screwy, you really have to push on the gas to convince it to downshift on a hill - and mine supposedly has had that transmission "fix" from the earlier versions. Even on level roads it seems to jump between gears unnecessarily. It's nice overall, maybe I just had my hopes set too high?

Programmable seat settings for 2 drivers, second row captain's chairs, rear hatch control on remote, interior finishes, not having to stow 3rd row seats in garage when not in use.

Better gas mileage! Larger main sunroof, ipod controls on stereo, better access to cupholders for 2nd row passengers, more outlets in front, make all-weather mats for all interior colors (only have black), have separate DVD/CD slots so you can play a movie for the kids and listen to a CD yourself.