2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
First Buick Ever
By abittel on 08/13/07 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We started looking early 2007, but really wanted to see the Enclave. Test drove Edge, Pacifica, and Veracruz. We finally got to see the Enclave and it was truly spectactular. We just had a hard time finding one to buy. People come up to us all of the time and want to see the car and want to know about it! I have only had Lincoln Continentals for the past 20 years, so this was a big step to buy a Buick. We have not been dissapointed. It is actully shorter and narrower than my Lincoln (more room in the garage!)

Enjoyable to drive
By d kane on 08/12/07 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car is a pleasure to drive. Mileage is between 18-19 city, 22-23 hghwy. Ride is firm but not hard,much better than my Olds Bravada that it replaced. Interior is pleasing and functional. Controls are easy to reach.

Excellent American car
By Tom on 08/11/07 14:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I've had this vehicle for about a month and have driven 2300 miles. Everything about it is a joy. This replaces my Acura TL. The Buick's quality is superior to Acura. No rattles, no issues. It's the most comfortable car I've ever had. If GM pays attention to design and quality like it did with the Enclave, it will begin to compete again.

I Own an American Car for the First Time
By Analyst365 on 08/08/07 19:55 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I own an Acura MDX and owned a Lexus RX in the past. I test drove most of the SUVs in the mid and large sections. I was very surprised to find that the Buick Enclave had fantastic handling and good gas mpg(for its size). It is a beautiful and logical car making it easy and fun to drive. The large capacity is perfect for all the members of my family, most of them being very tall. It is larger than most of the big truck SUVs, but it drives like a car. I have never considered owning an American car before. I must say, I love my new Buick Enclave! It is a quality car that comfortably fits seven people for a much lower price than the Acura or Lexus.

Great SUV
By very happy on 08/05/07 14:35 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I test drove the Outlook, Acadia, and Enclave. As soon as I was in the Enclave I had made up my mind. Very quiet interior, great looks on the outside, great standard features as compared to the other two, and nice option packages. I find the power to be more than enough and can tow 4500 pounds with the towing package. I don't need a V8 and don't want to sacrifice the milelage. I traded in a Honda for a Buick...I would never had believed that was possible. I could not be more pleased. I am driving a great looking car (people are asking me all the time what it is) that is very comfortable. The sound system is great and when the radio is on you feel like you are in your living room.

Unexpected surprise
By kaeleen on 08/04/07 12:48 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the quiet ride of this vehicle. I was extreamly surprised at how elegant it looks inside. I looked at many other SUVs and none compared to this one. I love the comfort of the leather seats and all my grandchildren fit in comfortably. I was surprised how big and roomy it is. I also love the sunroof and moon roof. Im 47 years old and never expected to be driving a Buick, that is the kind of car my Grandfather drove, not me. But I drive one and love it.

First Impressions
By Frank on 08/01/07 09:59 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 15 years of European cars we finally found a US built vehicle we wanted to own. After a test drive we knew something great had finally come from GM. It was like a jumbo MDX that made a first impression so quiet we could actually talk and enjoy the music. Handling is that of a sedan half the size and seating is second to nothing we ever owned. We were not in the market for a car but had gone to the dealer for an upgrade to an OnStar system when we saw it. Two days later we took it home. For the first time in my life I got a new car with nothing to fix right from the dealer.

Best on the Lot
By bioedwards on 07/27/07 09:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After driving may competing alternative vehicles, the Enclave out classed them all. Although it took 4 months to get, it was worth the wait. Every aspect of the Enclave is very satisfying. It is obvious from many "minor" details that much engineering went into the development of the car. As the owner of 4 Buicks prior to this one, it is the best I've driven in 20 years. The car seems bigger once inside that it appears from the outside, yet it drives nimbly. Anyone that wants a vehicle to carry more than 4 people comfortably needs to drive the Enclave before purchasing any other vehicle. Great Job Buick!

Enjoying my Enclave
By Hook on 07/26/07 18:43 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Took delivery of a CXL FWD last week. Very pleased with the quiet ride and solid handling. Worksmanship appears excellent. I didn't measure the first tank of fuel but got 18.6 mpg on the second, with about 50/50 highway/city driving. Has plenty of power for everything I've needed thus far.

REMARKABLE
By douglasheaslet on 07/24/07 10:58 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After looking and driving numerous makes and models of SUV's I decided on the Enclave. I drove three of these vechiles that ranged from 36,888 to 46,200. I ended up with a Enclave that listed for 40,625. For my purposes I preferred a FWD. The AWD lists for 2,000 more than the FWD. The ride is great the finish is supurb. I love the Sun/Moon roof. The DVD is a must when you travel with the grandchildren. Cadilac, Acadia and Lexus is in second place compared to this automobile,

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.