2008 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Very nice so far
By Steve White on 09/07/07 21:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my Enclave (CXL, AWD) 3 days ago and very pleased so far. Traded up from a 2002 Rendezvous, and if you know that car you'll know I had some concerns about buying another Buick. The Enclave, however, is superb: no defects and no trips back to the dealer. Handling and ride are far superior to the Rendezvous, and to the other 'cross-over' cars we looked at. The Ford Edge/Lincoln MKZ is the only real competitor among domestics, and it's a little jittery on the road. Lexus RX350 is equal to the Enclave but a lot more money, and I couldn't find a new (2008) Highlander anywhere to compare. So take a look at the Enclave: you'll be impressed.

Better than the rest by a wide margin
By budi on 09/05/07 12:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle does so many things well. I looked at a lot of vehicles before choosing the Enclave. Other 3 row CUV's do not match up to the Enclave's value, refinement, reliability, usability (storage capacity/passenger room and comfort) Car has good acceleration for a vehicle its size and role as a luxury family hauler. The vehicle cools down quickly. You can access the third row from both sides of the car unlike the MDX and you don't have to be a contortionist. It has plenty of room behind the 3rd row for a stroller and cooler. I could go on and on.

Beats a BMW
By Chuck on 09/01/07 12:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Looked for a replacement for my BMW SUV. The Enclave caught my eye with its sleek design, stylish interior. The fit and finish is first class, the engineering is current, and the price is $15 to $20 below the BMW. First new American car I've gotten for myself in almost 40 years. Not your grandfather's Buick! Will help bring quality reputation back to the marque.

It's Not Perfect, But GM Got It Right
By Vig Rig in Ohio on 08/30/07 20:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

FWD CXL has all bells and whistles. Punt the Nav and save $2k w/Ent Pkg#2 DVD w/ surround. OnStar does everything the nav does and has significant safety benefits as well. My 9 year old had the rear audio wireless system operational in minutes! The engine is smooth and pleasingly powerful. The exhaust note is perfect. The cabin is exemplary, with outstanding switchgear that has excellent tactile feel. Interior lighting is superb. The "Googley-Eyed" Bi-Zenon articulating headlamps light to the horizon. I traded in a '04 Sequoia: I could hardly read the dash in any lighting. Enclave's dash is the new benchmark. What? No red line on the tach? This car is one sexy station wagon: The Real Roadmaster

Style, comfort, performance from USA
By McD on 08/29/07 19:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was always looking at imports but held off buying once I saw the concept for the Enclave. Glad I waited. Love the comfort, ride, many features. Even my 5'4" wife is liking it despite its size. The backup camera makes it easy to back up without fear of hitting anything. We have put 7,000 miles on it in 3 months.

One Month Of Ownership
By Peter Manchester on 08/27/07 08:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

A thorough delight and living up to my highest expectations. I had considered the Lexus and Acura, but believe the Ecncave blows them away. It also puts the Mercedes to shame, and at a lesser cost! My only complaint is the lack of smoothness in the transmission, but based on all of it's attributes I can forgive this slight flaw. This automobile is on a par with my Cadillac DTS!

Buick Did It Right
By RICHARD W. on 08/22/07 14:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was waiting for this unit for two years.now I have it.Thanks Buick... love my Enclave CXL FWD..

Love This car
By Vanessa on 08/14/07 06:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have a two year old and one on the way and purchased a Cadillac Crossover 3 months ago. The Cadillac design was impratical and designed poorly. The Buick Enclave is a breath of fresh air. I love that not only does it look great- it functionality and practicality rivals any minivan. Both my husband and I love driving the car and are looking foward to the many miles that we will be able to drive this car.

First Buick Ever
By abittel on 08/13/07 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We started looking early 2007, but really wanted to see the Enclave. Test drove Edge, Pacifica, and Veracruz. We finally got to see the Enclave and it was truly spectactular. We just had a hard time finding one to buy. People come up to us all of the time and want to see the car and want to know about it! I have only had Lincoln Continentals for the past 20 years, so this was a big step to buy a Buick. We have not been dissapointed. It is actully shorter and narrower than my Lincoln (more room in the garage!)

Enjoyable to drive
By d kane on 08/12/07 13:18 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car is a pleasure to drive. Mileage is between 18-19 city, 22-23 hghwy. Ride is firm but not hard,much better than my Olds Bravada that it replaced. Interior is pleasing and functional. Controls are easy to reach.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.