Used 2008 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

So far I'm poor
By jrs

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Although a beautiful car inside and out, don't buy off on the claim that this gets better mileage than most SUVs. The AWD version I have is averaging less than 15 MPG in the city. The car is heavy and takes a lot of gas pedal to get up to speed. I was really hoping to get a little more economy out of this car.

Nav, luxury interior design

Engine could have better power/economy compromise

16k And Still Going Strong
By Red Jewel Tint

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my 04 Sequoia and have never looked back. Everything about this car is better than the Toy. I can repeatedly get 25 mpg on the highway if I pay attention and keep my speed within 5 mph of the limit. Quit whining about gas mileage in a 5000 lb vehicle! The tranny is designed to max your mpg, not your quarter-mile times. We've had two long road trips, and this is way more comfy than my "class leading" 01 Grand Caravan ever was. This car is drop-dead gorgeous inside and out. Ten months and 16k later I am still in love with my car. I have every option, and all the bells and whistles work perfectly. OnStar seems to have upgraded their nav system as it seems more accurate than last year.

Articulating headlamps. Dash design and execution. 5.1 surround sound. Heated washer fluid. Remote start includes climate control function.Interior lighting. Manual shift button position. Rear cargo size. Backup assistance. Steering wheel controls. Incredibly quiet ride. A car the whole family loves

Lack of power options in passenger seat: no passengers work at GM? Front seat bottoms tilt way to far forward and not far enough backward. Maybe a bigger gas tank, but with my range already over 500 miles, the little bladders in the back seat can't last that long between stops. Roof rails are extra

I love my 2008 Enclave!
By Bob Jennnings

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had a 2005 Escalade..hard to beat for over all luxury and performance. This Buick has more leg room in a smaller cross over. The Escalade was difficult if not imposible for large people to get into the rear seats. This new car gets very good gas mileage. On a trip to Phoenix I got 21 MPG and that is averaging 75 mph! Being a S Californian I calibrated up to 31 miles per gallon going from Beaumont Ca, to Onterio airport Ca about 50 miles. Every time the freeway: Hwy 10 was going down hill I put the car in neutral. You can't even tell when it is coasting or not! That way I save the expensive gas and it runs on regular. It has so many luxury items I have not learned them all. Move over Lexus

Comfort, quietness, looks better than a Lexus and much larger and roomier.

A little more excelleration power from stop position but maybe this is why it is better on fuel?

Loving it, now
By hawkeye

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love the way this vehicle drives! I would have given performance and fun to drive a "7" before I had the May 8th transmission update. This eliminated all hesitation and lugging. It holds the lower gears for instant throttle response. It came with a warning that it may decrease mpg by 0-2 mpg. I saw the 0. I get 22 on the interstate doing 76 mph. My wife got 23.5 mpg on a rural drive with small towns to go through. I get 14 mpg in around town/short trip driving. It's very reliable, too.

8 passenger seating, comfort, styling

I had the flash that makes downshifts into 5th on hills smooth, and it holds that gear until I'm over the hill, but I would rather lose 1-2 mph and not downshift at all.

Good First Impressions
By Andy

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2008 Enclave has been a great car to date. It has been a pleasure to drive. Very comfortable and very roomy. Gas mileage has been as expected. Have been getting 22.7 MPGs on highway / 16 MPGs around town. Very good for a vehicle this size. Another buyer who never thought he'd be in a GM or Buick product but was won over (considered Mazda CX-9 & Toyota Highlander). Great car after 2,000 miles. Very smooth ride (my mother is ready to trade in her Lexus RX 450). We'll see what the future holds.

Large comfortable seats, exterior/interior design, on-star has been great, great warranty, smooth ride, auto rear lift gate, backup sensor, heated seats/mirrors.

Auto tilt steering wheel (at this price level should be standard), hybrid or Flex-Fuel engine choice, wood on dash should match wood on steering wheel, blind spot sensors (available on CX-9 Touring).