2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Reserved but hopeful
By David on 09/09/07 16:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my wife's beautiful inspiration yellow T-Bird on a Buick...and I questioned our sanity on both purchases. One day after purchase we ventured out on a 1000 mile winery tour and I'm happy to say we feel our minds are in fact stable. I'm around/in vehicles of all kinds in various stages of their life every day, so my ratings are on a very broad scale of experience. I was suprised by the admirable mpg averages and it's ability to make hours behind the wheel pass quickly and comfortably. We have every option but AWD and the Luxury package (folding mirrors, power wheel, and the lighting trick GM killed the Tucker for some 50 years ago), so we'll see how it all holds up. God Bless!

Makes my 07 Acura MDX look bad
By ExRIGuy on 09/08/07 19:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We are a mid 30's couple with 3 kids who typically buys imports. I recently purchased a 2007 Acura MDX Sport to replace a Lexus -- so I have a good reference point. We traded in a Toyota Sienna. Never thought we'd buy a Buick, but were always open to an American car that is competitive on the merits. This car makes a mockery of most competitors. This is a remarkable car that feels like it should cost $15k more (at least). Build quality and quietness are superior to my Acura, and it is far more plush and stylish in my opinion. It appears to be nothing short of the rebirth of the American family vehicle. Put your image of Buick as you know it aside and give this thing a try.

Very nice so far
By Steve White on 09/07/07 21:01 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my Enclave (CXL, AWD) 3 days ago and very pleased so far. Traded up from a 2002 Rendezvous, and if you know that car you'll know I had some concerns about buying another Buick. The Enclave, however, is superb: no defects and no trips back to the dealer. Handling and ride are far superior to the Rendezvous, and to the other 'cross-over' cars we looked at. The Ford Edge/Lincoln MKZ is the only real competitor among domestics, and it's a little jittery on the road. Lexus RX350 is equal to the Enclave but a lot more money, and I couldn't find a new (2008) Highlander anywhere to compare. So take a look at the Enclave: you'll be impressed.

Better than the rest by a wide margin
By budi on 09/05/07 12:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle does so many things well. I looked at a lot of vehicles before choosing the Enclave. Other 3 row CUV's do not match up to the Enclave's value, refinement, reliability, usability (storage capacity/passenger room and comfort) Car has good acceleration for a vehicle its size and role as a luxury family hauler. The vehicle cools down quickly. You can access the third row from both sides of the car unlike the MDX and you don't have to be a contortionist. It has plenty of room behind the 3rd row for a stroller and cooler. I could go on and on.

Beats a BMW
By Chuck on 09/01/07 12:38 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Looked for a replacement for my BMW SUV. The Enclave caught my eye with its sleek design, stylish interior. The fit and finish is first class, the engineering is current, and the price is $15 to $20 below the BMW. First new American car I've gotten for myself in almost 40 years. Not your grandfather's Buick! Will help bring quality reputation back to the marque.

It's Not Perfect, But GM Got It Right
By Vig Rig in Ohio on 08/30/07 20:08 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

FWD CXL has all bells and whistles. Punt the Nav and save $2k w/Ent Pkg#2 DVD w/ surround. OnStar does everything the nav does and has significant safety benefits as well. My 9 year old had the rear audio wireless system operational in minutes! The engine is smooth and pleasingly powerful. The exhaust note is perfect. The cabin is exemplary, with outstanding switchgear that has excellent tactile feel. Interior lighting is superb. The "Googley-Eyed" Bi-Zenon articulating headlamps light to the horizon. I traded in a '04 Sequoia: I could hardly read the dash in any lighting. Enclave's dash is the new benchmark. What? No red line on the tach? This car is one sexy station wagon: The Real Roadmaster

Style, comfort, performance from USA
By McD on 08/29/07 19:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was always looking at imports but held off buying once I saw the concept for the Enclave. Glad I waited. Love the comfort, ride, many features. Even my 5'4" wife is liking it despite its size. The backup camera makes it easy to back up without fear of hitting anything. We have put 7,000 miles on it in 3 months.

One Month Of Ownership
By Peter Manchester on 08/27/07 08:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

A thorough delight and living up to my highest expectations. I had considered the Lexus and Acura, but believe the Ecncave blows them away. It also puts the Mercedes to shame, and at a lesser cost! My only complaint is the lack of smoothness in the transmission, but based on all of it's attributes I can forgive this slight flaw. This automobile is on a par with my Cadillac DTS!

Buick Did It Right
By RICHARD W. on 08/22/07 14:03 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was waiting for this unit for two years.now I have it.Thanks Buick... love my Enclave CXL FWD..

Love This car
By Vanessa on 08/14/07 06:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We have a two year old and one on the way and purchased a Cadillac Crossover 3 months ago. The Cadillac design was impratical and designed poorly. The Buick Enclave is a breath of fresh air. I love that not only does it look great- it functionality and practicality rivals any minivan. Both my husband and I love driving the car and are looking foward to the many miles that we will be able to drive this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.