Used 2008 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews - 257 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave SUV

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Best Buick Ever
By Dick in Colorado

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have purchase over 45 new vehicles in my life, this is the best of all. I traded a Toyota Avalon for this Enclave and it is so much nicer I fell bad I ever tried a Toyota. If you are looking for a great vehicle, Enclave is the answer, cannot say one bad thing about it, never had a car/truck to even start comparing with this. Have had several Buicks in past, all good vehicles but this is the first great vehicle! Have 6000 very enjoyable miles on it and look forward to many more. Thanks Buick.

The ride and how quiet it is. Gas mileage has been very good for this size vehicle. Just like the entire vehicle, style, drive and cost to operate in these times of high gas cost.

Keep up the good work Buick, the rest of GM needs to learn from you. Some may say it needs more power, that option would be OK, but I would stay with the power and transmission I have.

I'm buying another one
By anre1969

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My Enclave saved my life! I was recently in a car accident where another vehicle hit my Enclave and totaled it. However, I was able to walk away from the accident. The Enclave absorbed most of the impact. Everyone at the body shop said this had to be one safe car for me to not have been more seriously injured. As a father of two little toddlers, I'm so glad for this vehicle and can't wait to buy another one. Not to mention that it is a beautiful car and a very smooth, comfortable ride.

DVD, navigation, rear camera, OnStar, XM radio, quiet tuning, stabilitrack

Better acceleration and stiffer brake pedal

The Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By Sheila

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I love this vehicle. It drives very smoothly. I bought the navigation system and used it and OnStar for a recent trip to CA. The best road trip I've ever taken with the turn-by-turn directions. The seats are extremely comfortable and I have it on good authority from my family that you can actually seat 3 people in the third row without being too uncomfortable. The way the second row moves forward makes it easy for people to sit in the third row and gives ample leg room for both the second and third row. I am thrilled with my purchase. The only negative is that I'm only averaging 14.3 mpg in town, but do believe I hit the 24 mpg on the highway trip to CA. I love the diagnostic reports.

Soft leather seats that breath. Instrument panel is great. Versatility of seat formation. Sound system is very nice. Lots of cup holders. Real smooth ride.

Passenger door interferes with glove box. The storage console is too small to hold CD's. The seat belt connector on the second row seats is too high and hurts like the devil when sat on. The door swing does not hold and if you're not careful it'll close back on you.

Greatest SUV ever!
By Buickfan

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We loved our Enclave before taking a 5400 mile road trip with 4 adults plus luggage, but now we wouldn't part with it for any vehicle on the road. For 5400 miles we averaged 20.2 miles per gallon, which we were really happy about since the vehicle was loaded. We drove through the Pennsylvania hills and the car performed beautifully - not a sign of the transmission hesitancy some people grouse about. The ride was superb, the carrying capacity was more than adequate, and the interior arrangement was really handy for all of the things we took.

On our extended trip we made good use of the navigation system. It never failed us, and was fun to use. The handling and comfort of the vehicle are truly outstanding.

It would be useful to have some sort of warning when you exit the vehicle and leave the sun roof open. We left it open once and it rained.

Thrilled with the Enclave
By Randall

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I took possesion of my Enclave on June 1 and took it for a drive throught the Rocky mountains. Wow, what a ride! I am totally impressed with this vehicle. Gas mileage was decent at 23.9MPG. This is a sexy looking CUV both in and out and is extremely quiet. The seats are extremely comfortable front and back. The nav system is also a great feature that I found invaluable driving in unfamiliar cities. OnStar is also great, I love the personal service that you get with this. This should be standard on all vehicles. I will be using this car to haul long items and I have more room than my old Dodge Caravan. The seats can be configured to fit almost any need. Congrats to the Buick designers

The overall look, nav system, and OnStar. Turning headlights are great at night. I definitely recommend the white diamond tri coat finish, it is stunning. The quiet ride. The 19" tires are also quite impressive.

Better visibility, thank God for the backup camera and sensors. A rear console/cooler for the second row.