2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned
By schwarz on 10/06/07 03:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After buying the 2008 Enclave my husband and I never looked back. This is by far the most car for the money. It turns heads wherever we go and rightfully so. Its sleek style and detailed design commands attention. I would recommend anyone who needs a vehicle which seats more than 4 to take a good look at the Enclave. You will not regrete it! It is fun to drive and very comfortable. I hate long road trips, but for the first time in a long time, I'm looking forward to one. Buick, you did an outstanding job. This American made vehicle will give the foreign makers a run for their money.

A Smooth and Elegant CUV
By Jim on 10/01/07 19:52 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Handles and rides like a dream. Considerably more power than the Pacifica that I traded in.The Bose audio system is terrific although I am still figuring out all the entertainment system controls. The Enclaves pictured in the brochure show a center console (small asterisk and print indicates rear center console available at a later date). So, from the front seat forward I rate the interior as having a very rich diamond and sapphire look but from the front seat back to the tailgate I give it a cardboard and plastic look. I hope GM offers the rear console as a dealer installed option at a reasonable price.

Love My Enclave
By sgoldman on 09/30/07 13:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just traded my 04 SLS for the Enclave- drove the Acadia-to truck like and the SRX- just wasn't the comfort and design I was looking for- I knew the moment I took the Enclave out for a test drive- that I had to have one. I wanted the height of an SUV and the comfort of a luxury sedan- found it. Mine is red jewel tint and it turns heads.

Better than the Cadillac SRX
By Dyke on 09/20/07 12:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I drove the Cadillac SRX for three years and it was an excellent vehicle. However, it hardly compares to my Enclave, in terms of comfort, appearance, ride,and room. Everyone asks about it and compliments the look. This is a great vehicle and hats off to Buick for designing it. Even my wife, who never likes the cars I drive, loves this Buick!

A winning design for an American Co.
By jrhilarioUS on 09/18/07 19:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

A remarkable overall exterior design that get a lot of attention. People stop to check it out, walk around it and give an approving nod. Even double check the Buick name on the back in a pleasant surprise. And that's just from 0 mph on the parking lot. On the road is another story. This Buick Enclave is a sure candidate to be a classic, well engineered inside and out. Its design elements all blends together appealingly devoid of any offensive lines and/or bulges like most other vehicles. This SUV is pleasant to the eyes. As for performance, it could use a few more horses, otherwise it is a well equiped and capable SUV. Maybe shedding a few lbs will do the trick. Bravo Buick!

Proud Owner!
By Kim on 09/17/07 06:31 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We love our Enclave. It is fun to drive and easy to handle. The back up sensors are awesome. A breeze to park in small crowded parking lots. Gets a lot of attention every where we go. The whole family enjoys riding in this car. My Dad liked it so much they bought one of their own!

Hangers?
By Beaty's on 09/13/07 06:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Fit and finish all seem top notch. Overall, the car is better than anticipated. Haven't had it long enough to know about reliability. Only complaint is how to hang clothes on the second row seating, as in picking up dry cleaning.

Can't Believe I Bought a Buick!
By Dee on 09/12/07 18:16 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I truly can't believe I bought a Buick. This is my first American car. I love this car. I have never had so many people give me compliments and ask "What car is that?". The ride is very quiet and the captain's chairs are fantastic. The car looks fantastic and also to drive. My son loves the DVD with the wireless headphones. I fell in love with the turn by turn directions which I use a lot and the emergency phone in the car via OnStar can be very helpful if you are in a jam. Lastly, I use the remote start a lot as I live in FL and it gets very hot and it cools down the car before I get in with my toddler.

From BMW to Buick and happy.
By Mario on 09/10/07 20:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

As a BMW owner for the last 10 years this is my first purchase of a Buick ever. To be honest there hasn't been a Buick model that ever looked worthy of owning, untill now. I have only had it for 3 weeks and so far this looks like it will be a winner for GM. The ride and interior are both very comfortable and the value received for the money spent is incredible. Every option that you could want at about $300 a month less in a lease versus BMW. Of course this large vehicle does not accelerate nor corner like an X5 but it wasn't built for that. Nevertheless, it does what it was built to do and very well I may add. A great vehicle for mid to long road trips. I highly recommend it.

Reserved but hopeful
By David on 09/09/07 16:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded in my wife's beautiful inspiration yellow T-Bird on a Buick...and I questioned our sanity on both purchases. One day after purchase we ventured out on a 1000 mile winery tour and I'm happy to say we feel our minds are in fact stable. I'm around/in vehicles of all kinds in various stages of their life every day, so my ratings are on a very broad scale of experience. I was suprised by the admirable mpg averages and it's ability to make hours behind the wheel pass quickly and comfortably. We have every option but AWD and the Luxury package (folding mirrors, power wheel, and the lighting trick GM killed the Tucker for some 50 years ago), so we'll see how it all holds up. God Bless!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.