Used 2008 Buick Enclave CXL Consumer Reviews - 117 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Great crossover!
By Matt Kahn

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This is the best crossover out in the market. We looked at every one and found the Buick was the best priced and had the most options standard. Our Buick has every option available. With GM's OnStar you can do without the navigation. I will only buy cars that have OnStar. Hopefully this will be the start of good things to come from GM.

OnStar

2008 Buick Enclave CXL FWD
By Tuckermech

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love it and have had it 1 month and have 600 miles on our Cocoa Metallic with Cashmere leather interior. Have Driver Confidence Package, 19 inch chrome wheels and entertainment package #1. A thrill to drive after parting with our 2004 Cadillac Deville. Love the seat height, Onstar and the attention we have been getting. Purchased the cargo shade and net and think Buick could have done a better design job on the shade. Love the room as my wife and I intend to do a lot of traveling.

OnStar, quiet and smooth ride. Little or no wind noise. Feeling relaxed with no back ache after a few hours drive. Being able to slide out of and into the seat. Previous vehicle sat too low and being an old timer(well over 70) I can enjoy trips once again.

Redesign the cargo cover.

Buick Enclave Owners Report
By Tuckermech

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have had my Enclave 1 month and have 600 miles on it. No problems, love it however I purchased the rear shade and don't see that it is worth the price.

Seating comfort, smooth and quiet ride and lots of interior room. No children in my family so room for me and my spouse to take what we want on a trip.

A better way to cover the rear area not using that shade I purchased.

A Lexus for a Buick
By Karen

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my 2003 Lexus GX for the Enclave and so far so good. The ride is very smooth. Comparable to the Lexus. Drives like a car, which I like since I also traded my Accord on this vehicle. Figured I only needed one car and the Enclave was the combination of the two I was looking for. Granted it's not a Lexus but so far it's pretty close. I would say it's lacking on acceleration but so far it hasn't been that big of a deal. Gas mileage varies from 14 to 22 and I check it myself, I don't rely on what the info center tells me. Visibility trying to back up is limited and yes I have the back up camera but it makes me dizzy and it's hard to see it in the daytime when its sunny. Overall a winner

Deep seats- I'm tall, articulating headlights-too cool, XM and Onstar, cupholders and storage, dual sunroof, power liftgate, finally third row seats that fold flat, and let's not forget the Bose radio. Also the power folding mirrors.

Better visibility in the back, better gas mileage driving around town, a little disappointed there. Better acccelaration off the start, just a bit sluggish. The tilt mirrors tilt down too far. I loved them on my Lexus but not on this car, maybe there's a setting for them I just haven't found yet.

Love This New Crossover
By bondguy

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have only had the Enclave for a few days but love driving it. I get many stares from people and people can't believe it's a Buick once they see it and look inside. Very roomy and great looking from every angle. Looked at Mazda CX9 and Volvo XC90...the Buick puts both to shame. It is roomier than both and although fully loaded doesn't have all the Mazda has to offer, and the Mazda was a lot cheaper to lease, I don't regret my decision to go with the Buick over the Mazda. The steerable headlights are great at night...and, unlike the Mazda, you aren't forced to choose between a rear seat DVD and a sunroof...the Buick has two roofs...Congrats GM on finally getting it right!Former Audi owner

Dual roofs, wood steering wheel and trim, retro look, steerable headlights, all around beauty of vehicle. Quietness is amazing!

Needs a exit handle on drivers side to help get in and out easier, Bluetooth. Keyless pushbutton start would be nice