Used 2008 Buick Enclave CXL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

2008 Buick Enclave CXL FWD
By Tuckermech

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love it and have had it 1 month and have 600 miles on our Cocoa Metallic with Cashmere leather interior. Have Driver Confidence Package, 19 inch chrome wheels and entertainment package #1. A thrill to drive after parting with our 2004 Cadillac Deville. Love the seat height, Onstar and the attention we have been getting. Purchased the cargo shade and net and think Buick could have done a better design job on the shade. Love the room as my wife and I intend to do a lot of traveling.

OnStar, quiet and smooth ride. Little or no wind noise. Feeling relaxed with no back ache after a few hours drive. Being able to slide out of and into the seat. Previous vehicle sat too low and being an old timer(well over 70) I can enjoy trips once again.

Redesign the cargo cover.

Buick Enclave Owners Report
By Tuckermech

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Have had my Enclave 1 month and have 600 miles on it. No problems, love it however I purchased the rear shade and don't see that it is worth the price.

Seating comfort, smooth and quiet ride and lots of interior room. No children in my family so room for me and my spouse to take what we want on a trip.

A better way to cover the rear area not using that shade I purchased.

A Lexus for a Buick
By Karen

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I traded my 2003 Lexus GX for the Enclave and so far so good. The ride is very smooth. Comparable to the Lexus. Drives like a car, which I like since I also traded my Accord on this vehicle. Figured I only needed one car and the Enclave was the combination of the two I was looking for. Granted it's not a Lexus but so far it's pretty close. I would say it's lacking on acceleration but so far it hasn't been that big of a deal. Gas mileage varies from 14 to 22 and I check it myself, I don't rely on what the info center tells me. Visibility trying to back up is limited and yes I have the back up camera but it makes me dizzy and it's hard to see it in the daytime when its sunny. Overall a winner

Deep seats- I'm tall, articulating headlights-too cool, XM and Onstar, cupholders and storage, dual sunroof, power liftgate, finally third row seats that fold flat, and let's not forget the Bose radio. Also the power folding mirrors.

Better visibility in the back, better gas mileage driving around town, a little disappointed there. Better acccelaration off the start, just a bit sluggish. The tilt mirrors tilt down too far. I loved them on my Lexus but not on this car, maybe there's a setting for them I just haven't found yet.

Love This New Crossover
By bondguy

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have only had the Enclave for a few days but love driving it. I get many stares from people and people can't believe it's a Buick once they see it and look inside. Very roomy and great looking from every angle. Looked at Mazda CX9 and Volvo XC90...the Buick puts both to shame. It is roomier than both and although fully loaded doesn't have all the Mazda has to offer, and the Mazda was a lot cheaper to lease, I don't regret my decision to go with the Buick over the Mazda. The steerable headlights are great at night...and, unlike the Mazda, you aren't forced to choose between a rear seat DVD and a sunroof...the Buick has two roofs...Congrats GM on finally getting it right!Former Audi owner

Dual roofs, wood steering wheel and trim, retro look, steerable headlights, all around beauty of vehicle. Quietness is amazing!

Needs a exit handle on drivers side to help get in and out easier, Bluetooth. Keyless pushbutton start would be nice

More than satisfied
By Tommyboy

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

So after much consideration between all the lambda options, we kept coming back to the Buick Enclave CXL. The Saturn was nice but we kept thinking the resale was going to be the lowest of all three. The GMC was great, but no perferated seats (we live in NC and leather and sun don't mix well!)and no cocoa interior. So, we settled on the Enclave. And are very happy we did! Everywhere we go people want to look inside and are blown away at how large it is in interior volume. When I tell them it is the same as a Tahoe or Yukon, they are amazed. This really is a minivan inside and sport utility outside.

Captains chairs are great! No more kids sitting to close to each other! (Stop touching me..ugh) Love the quite ride! You can really tell the difference. Love the Dolby surround sound on the movies. The headphones and audio are amazing. Gas mileage is great too! I get 19 in town and 24-25 highway

I wouldn't mind cooled seats and the gear thing, but really it doesn't bother me as much. I am sure it could benefit from another gear but other than that it is a wonderful vehicle. Very well thought out and a pleasure to drive. I can't believe its a Buick!