2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Review: 119,000 miles in 5 years prove

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Review

CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 6-speed Automatic)

119,000 miles in 5 years proves this is an excellent car
By tinyelvis on

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have updated my Enclave in this forum since newly purchased in Aug 2007. It still rides great. Everything works as well as the day I bought it. Seats are showing minimal wear for the time/mileage. Paint still looks showroom new. Have I had issues? You bet. Have they been resolved? Yes, and not always the first time. Five times a year we head to our vacation home, tacking on 2800 per trip. I can drive the entire 16 hours straight thru...no back or neck or shoulder pain. We easily haul 6 people and all their stuff. Repairs paid by GM: Tranny at 65k; wheel hub assembly at 76k. Repairs paid by me: door hinge; 1 set of rotors; 2 sets of brake pads; Fluids. $1200 for engine gaskets at 116,500.

Interior dash - nearly as nice as my Audi A8L. Cargo capacity is enormous. Switchgear still nice and tactile. Seats showing minimal wear in the leather. Carpets still look good. Hatch opens and closed as advertised. Headlamps are outstanding, although the "google eyes" articulation dosn't sweep nearly as far as the Audi. DVD, stereo, everything still works great. Nearly 5 years, 119,000 and still have original battery. Finally had a tuneup, changed all the fluids as a precaution. The windshield is getting pitted will need replacement. This car has been a joy to travel in, a joy to maintain, and a joy to own.

Very few here. Passenger seat does not move up/down. Hello, GM, passengers may want a change of butt angle over a 16 hour haul. Rain sensing wiper for rear window makes perfect sense to me. Larger, easier to read switchgear would be nice but certainly not a deal breaker. Engine could use a few more horses, and newer models have them. Brakes are excellent. I love this Buick. We will eventually leave it at our vacation home as our permanent ride.