2008 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Don't Walk Away... RUN
By dblanchf on 02/26/14 07:38 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle brand new in 2008. Thank God it came with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty because we used it. Tires wore quickly even with Michellins and averaged about $1300.00 to replace. Brakes and rotors needed to be replaced and that was just under $1000. I thought that was outrageous until I've heard of people paying more than that for brakes! To top it all off, transmission failed on the freeway at 73,000 going up north with NO warning. Luckily it was covered by warranty, but even the technician said to get rid of it as soon as the warranty expires. I am a believer in the saying "you get what you pay for." Not with this car. Save yourself the hassle, stress, and money.

2008 enclave worth a sac of potatos
By 100334665 on 01/19/14 21:44 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My husband bought this car for far more than it is worth, the sunroof leaks water directly into the fuse box which corrodes the relays causing the gages and all the electrical system to shut down. On a 200 mile trip smoke was coming out from the interior and smelled like burnt wires. Took it to the dealership several times only to have them say it is not covered by the warranty or that they cant find a problem. Now at 74000+ miles the transmission has given out. Thank God for the extended warranty. Service engine light comes on and off as it pleases. Had it serviced and the Service Stabilitrak and the Traction Control lights came on. Not worth the money being spent. Save yourself the stress

Steering noise
By txhawgfan50 on 09/19/13 17:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am losing confidence in my 08 Enclave after 2 fairly expensive and out of warranty repairs. Aug 2013- I notice an intermittent whining noise while driving. Take care in and tell mechanic I think brake pad wear indicators are responsible and viola-I need front and rear brake replacement at a cost of $900. Well, I think, at least the whine ill be gone. But no! The whine returns and is more frequent. Then I notice a clear, oily leak towards left rear of car. Take car in and viola- I need rack and pinion replacement on a car with 83,000 miles. This repair comes in at $1100 and not under warranty. This steering issue seems to be a theme with the 08 Enclave. Will never buy GM again!

Run away from this car!
By nanax4 on 09/18/13 13:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought used as a GM Certified with very low miles and a clean service history, but have since been in the shop for steering issue, Nav failure., air conditioning stopped working in back, electrical issues, and complaints about the transmission. Now it's sitting in the shop needing a new transmission with no warranty coverage. It only has 73K miles and has been well maintained...I just dont understand how GM can ignore the transmission issues. Just google it and see complaint after complaint about wave plate failure. I plan on giving GM the chance to make it right, but will take additional action if necessary!

Buick Enclave Lemon
By bird30 on 08/27/13 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2008 Buick Enclave loaded in 2008 as I wanted a Luxury SUV and wanted to support the American Car Maker's in time of crisis. I made a huge mistake! My car has had every seal replaced since I purchased it and barely has 60,000 miles on it. The car has been serviced and taken care of since I purchased and babied since 2008. The engine seals went out at 30,000 miles, numerous times the airconditioning system has been fixed over and over for problems (4+ times), steering gear/drive problems, water pump seals, rear tail gate piston's replaced, etc., etc. etc. The care is beautiful and comfortable but the biggest lemon and disappointment I have ever purchased.

BAD TRANSMISSION!!!!
By msgoodie on 04/10/13 13:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Buyer Beware! I absolutely love the design of the vehicle. It's perfect for my family. As previous posts mention, the wave plate is a problem. The service engine light kept coming on and it kept losing power. I had to keep bringing it in and they said it was fixed and wouldn't have the problem again. Unfortunately, the problem persisted and after having my transmission rebuilt at only 48,000 miles, I just had it rebuilt again at 56,000 miles. Crazy right!! Unfortunately, I'm now out of warranty. I have to figure out how to get rid of this vehicle that has a carfax report with multiple transmission issues.

Honeymoon is over. Still working on the marriage
By grnmama on 03/21/13 19:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought 2008 Enclave CLX new. Have since had warranty replacement/repair of GPS (twice), water pump, sunroof leak, and various small things. Many interior trim pieces broke, were glued on in service, only to fall off later. When the warranty was up we started to have steering problems. Found out it was the rack and pinion steering failing at 75,000 miles, a known design flaw for this platform. I have tried to contact our service rep at the dealership and have not had a return call twice. Had it repaired elsewhere. Too bad this didn't happen before we bought the 2013 Buick LaCrosse 3 months ago!!! Would like a GM representative to contact us.

A bad investment I still want to love
By fortiter on 12/16/12 19:14 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Enclave is a great car and I do not like speaking ill about it, but our vehicle has been very disappointing in terms of reliability. We thankfully purchased it under warranty at 30K and it required a new power steering pump, rack and pinion, a radio, and other minor repairs all covered under warranty. Since then, several issues have come up which were not under warranty. The moonroof was leaking and require an $800+ repair for a new seal and replacement of some of the drainage channels. The heating actuator failed to the tune of $400+ in repairs. I was quoted a cost of $200 to replace the key FOB which went bad. Overall, not what I expect from a "luxury vehicle" in terms of quality.

119,000 miles in 5 years proves this is an excellent car
By tinyelvis on 07/23/12 18:47 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have updated my Enclave in this forum since newly purchased in Aug 2007. It still rides great. Everything works as well as the day I bought it. Seats are showing minimal wear for the time/mileage. Paint still looks showroom new. Have I had issues? You bet. Have they been resolved? Yes, and not always the first time. Five times a year we head to our vacation home, tacking on 2800 per trip. I can drive the entire 16 hours straight thru...no back or neck or shoulder pain. We easily haul 6 people and all their stuff. Repairs paid by GM: Tranny at 65k; wheel hub assembly at 76k. Repairs paid by me: door hinge; 1 set of rotors; 2 sets of brake pads; Fluids. $1200 for engine gaskets at 116,500.

in the shop 17 times!
By Dr. D on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had numerous problems with my Enclave. It has been in the shop 17 times, towed 4 times and been jumped 3 times. I first had the battery replaced w/in 8 months of ownership and it has been downhill since. The odometer malfunctioned, water pump replaced in the 2nd year and the transmission was replaced after 2 years. The car has leaked, trunk malfunctioned, On Star was repaired and though I know I am leaving out things, you get the gist of my experience. The time spent and money wasted on car rentals is beyond acceptable. The only positive in my Buick experience is that the service center staff were wonderful and empathic; Kim went out of her way to help me out. Buyer beware!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.