Used 2008 Buick Enclave SUV Consumer Reviews - 259 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

WHAT A MISTAKE!
By The Sarge

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a used 2008 Buick Enclave CXL. It was well maintained and clean. My first trip out of town I got a warning that the transmission was hot and it needed to be idled. I did this several times on my trip hoping that it would not leave me stranded. Luckily, the trip was only 50 miles. I called Buick and they advised me that the warranty had expired. I took the vehicle to a local Buick dealership which could not find anything wrong with the transmission. I then took the vehicle to another dealership and they did discover a problem with the trans. I called customer service about this issue and was given nothing but the runaround. After speaking to 2 "senior service advisors" I was still in the same spot. The Buick is still at the dealership waiting to get repaired (about $3000). To top things off, I received a follow-up call from Buick. Why? they never assisted me on anything. Stay away from this SUV and any other Buick product unless you have extra $$$ and a whole lot of patience and time.

never buy a 2008
By bummedcustomer

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was so excited, thought i had found my dream car, an answer to not wanting a mini van.
I love the layout of this car, but i swear it is in the shop more than my driveway
Leaks water, has had multiple issues including my power steering suddenly going out on me
hard to handle this big of a car with no power steering!
if it wasn't constantly breaking down or flooding from the rain i would love it
but i literally despise GMC for not recalling the whole car!

Never again
By T

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car used. According to car fax it was maintained. Worst car I've ever owned. I have one problem after another. As soon as one thing is fixed another goes bad. I'm exhausted worrying about this car. It depresses me. After this experience I wouldn't even recommend a new one. I wish I could just get rid of it. DO NOT BUY ONE.

Not my luck
By Dorathy

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the Enclave in Apr 2008, I have only 44,500 miles always to it to the dealership for any maintenace to include oil changes. I have to tell you the car is a money pit. I have had 2 recalls on bought the extended warranty. In the last 12 months I have spent $2500. Last December I had it checked out and they flushed and replaced the brake fluid. Front end alignment. So now I took it in for a check for a road trip. Well I found out the master cylinder and booster on the brakes needed to be replaced. The rack and pinion steering had to be replaced, also the the timing chain cover was leaking oil into the engine and needs the gasket to be replaced, front struts and mounts need replacing and the navigation system isn't working and to fix I would have to replace the entire radio system. I needed a front end alignment after they replaced the rack and pinion, another $90. The buttons to turn the fan up or down turned green after the black peeled off. The car has never been in an accident and kept it serviced and at 44,500 kept in the garage, it falls apart. The air conditioning drain hose and the roof drain hoses all need flushing due to blockage. I will never by a Buick again. The repairs costs as much as the resale value.

Love my Enclave!
By Matt

2008 Buick Enclave SUV CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In June 2014, I purchased a 2008 Buick Enclave CXL at around 80,000 miles. It has been a great car. I got it in great condition. Right now it is at around 115,000, and I've only had to replace the spark plugs(due at around 100,000 miles, but got extra out of them), brake pads, and headlamp bulbs. This car was a great buy!