2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Leaking Sunroofs and Whinning Steering
By kcosom on 09/10/12 15:53 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is very attractive. "Certified" hah. I purchased it last summer, which it rarely rains in the summer. Unfortunately one rainy day my passenger notice rain coming in mainly from the sunroof and rear interior lights housing, I noticed it in the front, dripping from the visors housing. Apparently the design of this vehicle was not thought out regarding leaks. To top it off the warranty states that leaks are not covered, as if the maker knew it would leak. Not only the leaking the steering in now whinning each time I turn. This vehicle has been one dissapointment after another. My first Buick and possibly my last, sad to say. Mechanic states need inner/outer tie rods:(

Service Engine Light
By msgoodie on 03/18/12 07:36 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2008 enclave used in May 2010. the first time the service engine light came on in Septemeber 2010. Then 4 more times in July 2011. Every few days after the dealership so called repaired the problem the service engine light would come on and the SUV would lose power. That went on 4 times within a few weeks. I finally thought the problem was addressed until now. The light came on again. It's still under warrrantly and been at the dealership for 4 days and I still have not recieved a diagnostic call. I'm almost out of warranty and need to make a decision to either buy an extened warranty or trade it in. I now know why the previous owner got rid of it after just two years.

For Fair Weather only!
By EAS on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you live in an area that has rain and/or snow - please reconsider purchasing a 2008 Enclave. This car is terrible on wet roads. All else seems to be fairly good; no other issues.

Nice. But.
By mhammel on 06/29/10 06:11 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Enclave provides a decent ride and comfortable seating for 7 in our configuration. If this vehicle were manufactured by Ford , I'd buy another one. The GM experience is awful (and I mean GM, not just the dealer network). For instance, I purchased a very small, boat and wanted to add a trailer hitch. The owners manual indicates that a part has to be changed if a hitch is added and the dealer will take care of it.. Not so. The small part is a the entire fuse panel and to correctly modify the electronics in this car to support towing is so expensive the dealer wouldn't give me a price -there's even a TSB for this but GM has canceled the TSB. OnStar with Bell - no more, gone and more.

I hate the Buick Enclave
By IHATEBUICKENCLAVE on 01/31/09 15:07 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2nd row (when folded forward) floats while driving (no latch to keep it in place). No room for groceries in hatch. Cannot open hatch in garage - too high. Remote start seldom works, took it to dealership and told me that "electrical devices could be getting in the way". Driver's side heat blasts on one side only; burning one foot while the other one freezes. Seats six not seven comfortably. The pin stripe is one little stripe down the side and you have to pay an additional $700 for something that is already on the car; it wasn't negotiable. No power when passing. Bose sound is a joke as you hear everything on the outside of the car. I have had leaks and other issues. The Buick Enclave is attractive, but it is not sound proof as some guy blogged earlier. I have had this car for a year and trust me, I hear everything. I was told not to buy it but I thought it was so beautiful...regret everyday now. I seriously hate driving this car.

Excellent
By paul d on 11/19/08 15:51 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I had this vehicle one month. I love it. Great comfort, smooth. GM has a winner with this vehicle.

Great Crossover SUV
By Texas Owner on 11/15/08 10:21 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We absolutely love this crossover. We receive many compliments on its styling. Absolutely no problem other than the transmission hesitates on occasion. There is a program change we are considering which I'm told will seem like a 50 hp boost..downside I'm told might be a lost in fuel economy (Currently 17.9 MPG in town and consistently with hard driving on the freeway 21+ MPG). We bought the factory running boards-they are very helpful for some elderly folks we transport and it really dresses up that vehicle..and they fit perfectly into the styling. Only downside, power lift hits our garage door (triggers automatic close) so we have to turn it off when we drive into the garage.

The Enclave Saved My Life!
By jbjomo on 10/17/08 07:04 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Had a terrible accident but I was able to walk away from it thanks to the Enclave! It took the brunt of the damage and it was totaled. My insurance agent was amazed that I survived due to the condition of the outside of the vehicle. I'm going to purchase an '09 for a replacement.

One Year Update!
By Adams Family on 09/08/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Enclave has been apart of our family for over a year now and we enjoy it everytime we drive it. Our white CX model with black cloth seats has been through a lot in a year and passed with flying colors. The Buick has been on several long distance road trips and returned 23 to 24 MPG with cruise set on 70-72 MPH. Except for a recall to reprogram the transmission to shift quicker we have only been to the dealer for regular oil changes. We have towed a pop-up camper to state parks and have folded all the seats down to fit a full size dresser (new in its box) in the back. Our model has the second row bench seat and we are glad we got it since our newborn and his carseat fit comfortably.

Blind spots
By Christine on 08/18/08 04:42 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Love the look and style of this vehicle. Gas mileage could be much better. The ride is great. Shifting is not smooth and makes it hard for a new teenage driver. Wish I would have gotten a back up camera. Never had a car with so many blind spots. But overall love this vehicle.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.