Used 2008 Buick Enclave CX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

Leaking Sunroofs and Whinning Steering
By kcosom

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This vehicle is very attractive. "Certified" hah. I purchased it last summer, which it rarely rains in the summer. Unfortunately one rainy day my passenger notice rain coming in mainly from the sunroof and rear interior lights housing, I noticed it in the front, dripping from the visors housing. Apparently the design of this vehicle was not thought out regarding leaks. To top it off the warranty states that leaks are not covered, as if the maker knew it would leak. Not only the leaking the steering in now whinning each time I turn. This vehicle has been one dissapointment after another. My first Buick and possibly my last, sad to say. Mechanic states need inner/outer tie rods:(

Service Engine Light
By msgoodie

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2008 enclave used in May 2010. the first time the service engine light came on in Septemeber 2010. Then 4 more times in July 2011. Every few days after the dealership so called repaired the problem the service engine light would come on and the SUV would lose power. That went on 4 times within a few weeks. I finally thought the problem was addressed until now. The light came on again. It's still under warrrantly and been at the dealership for 4 days and I still have not recieved a diagnostic call. I'm almost out of warranty and need to make a decision to either buy an extened warranty or trade it in. I now know why the previous owner got rid of it after just two years.

I love the interior space and the design.

For Fair Weather only!
By EAS

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

If you live in an area that has rain and/or snow - please reconsider purchasing a 2008 Enclave. This car is terrible on wet roads. All else seems to be fairly good; no other issues.

Good looking vehicle.

Nice. But.
By mhammel

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The Enclave provides a decent ride and comfortable seating for 7 in our configuration. If this vehicle were manufactured by Ford , I'd buy another one. The GM experience is awful (and I mean GM, not just the dealer network). For instance, I purchased a very small, boat and wanted to add a trailer hitch. The owners manual indicates that a part has to be changed if a hitch is added and the dealer will take care of it.. Not so. The small part is a the entire fuse panel and to correctly modify the electronics in this car to support towing is so expensive the dealer wouldn't give me a price -there's even a TSB for this but GM has canceled the TSB. OnStar with Bell - no more, gone and more.

HID lighting. Heated windshield washer- whoops no more, Digital display of cruise control speed, quiet ride, OnStar with Bell-whoops no more, dual panel sunroof, versatility - fold down seating, tire pressure monitoring, park assist.

Standard sound system is poor for a vehicle in this price range. GM should treat the customer like they matter - I like this car, but won't buy another GM. GM got smart with the new models of the vehicle and added bluetooth. Onstar for calling is a rip- off without the Bell/ Ver. plans. Transmission

I hate the Buick Enclave
By IHATEBUICKENCLAVE

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The 2nd row (when folded forward) floats while driving (no latch to keep it in place). No room for groceries in hatch. Cannot open hatch in garage - too high. Remote start seldom works, took it to dealership and told me that "electrical devices could be getting in the way". Driver's side heat blasts on one side only; burning one foot while the other one freezes. Seats six not seven comfortably. The pin stripe is one little stripe down the side and you have to pay an additional $700 for something that is already on the car; it wasn't negotiable. No power when passing. Bose sound is a joke as you hear everything on the outside of the car. I have had leaks and other issues. The Buick Enclave is attractive, but it is not sound proof as some guy blogged earlier. I have had this car for a year and trust me, I hear everything. I was told not to buy it but I thought it was so beautiful...regret everyday now. I seriously hate driving this car.

I have zero favorite issues.

Heat needs to be balanced on driver's side. Remote start needs to work and when it does make it last longer than three minutes. Make a device to keep second row seats from floating back and forth while driving. Hatch needs adjustment to avoid hitting garage track. Cloth seats to hard.