2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:
Never Buy GM Again
By mgarner1234 on 09/05/14 13:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this 2008 Enclave less than a month ago. Brought it in for a slight humming noise at low speed. After "evaluation" they wanted over $2000.00 to "fix" everything. Owned a Toyota that had over 216000 miles and never had to put $2000 in to "fix" it. The Buick has less than 60000 miles. Called and spoke to the service manager at McKinney Buick as they wanted 50% more than a standard repair shop and they will not budge on their over priced repairs. Then they wanted us to pay for a loaner car for the week it took them to diagnose the problems. Any other shop could diagnose and fix in 1-2 days. I have always owned Toyota's and know I remember why. If you value $$$ stay away from GM/Buick.

$ 48,000.00 Mistake
By jasongr on 05/19/14 08:46 AM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

We purchased our 2008 Buick Enclave in late 2007. It was My wife's dream vehicle until the problems began i.e. Sunroof leaking,trans slipping,rattlle in rear drivers side,liftgate opens on it's own,service airbags light on twice, traction contol light on twice, reduced power on the highway three times,steering wheel rubbing noise,service stability light on,left front stabilizer is loose,air conditioning has been serviced twice for leaking and noise,front shocks replaced,brake rubbing noise,power steering pump leaking,front timing cover gasket leaking,right rear door weather stripping coming loose,noise while driving 50-60 mph on highway.washer heater causes fires, Don't buy this vehicle!

Don't Walk Away... RUN
By dblanchf on 02/26/14 07:38 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle brand new in 2008. Thank God it came with a 5 year 100,000 mile warranty because we used it. Tires wore quickly even with Michellins and averaged about $1300.00 to replace. Brakes and rotors needed to be replaced and that was just under $1000. I thought that was outrageous until I've heard of people paying more than that for brakes! To top it all off, transmission failed on the freeway at 73,000 going up north with NO warning. Luckily it was covered by warranty, but even the technician said to get rid of it as soon as the warranty expires. I am a believer in the saying "you get what you pay for." Not with this car. Save yourself the hassle, stress, and money.

2008 enclave worth a sac of potatos
By 100334665 on 01/19/14 21:44 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My husband bought this car for far more than it is worth, the sunroof leaks water directly into the fuse box which corrodes the relays causing the gages and all the electrical system to shut down. On a 200 mile trip smoke was coming out from the interior and smelled like burnt wires. Took it to the dealership several times only to have them say it is not covered by the warranty or that they cant find a problem. Now at 74000+ miles the transmission has given out. Thank God for the extended warranty. Service engine light comes on and off as it pleases. Had it serviced and the Service Stabilitrak and the Traction Control lights came on. Not worth the money being spent. Save yourself the stress

More power steering woes
By tychain on 12/06/13 13:15 PM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Our very first American made vehicle. My wife's dream SUV. 73,000 miles she calls me in tears because she is in a parking lot and can't turn the steering wheel and cars are beeping at her and she has a 2 and 4 year old in the car and pregnant with out 3rd child. (the whole reason for getting this vehicle) We have owned it for 8 days... I drive to the store where she is and I can barely turn the wheel! I check the power steering fluid... its fine. Well, to make a long story short. I checked on the internet and found all the other stories about power steering problems and now, $2200 later we have out car back. THIS NEEDS A RECALL!!!

Liked The Enclave Until Transmission Failed
By meycro on 11/29/13 11:35 AM (PST)

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

My 2008 Enclave recently required a new transmission. This after only 70,000 miles and several other expensive repairs. Until recently when people would ask me how I liked it I responded, 'I like the way it drives but it's expensive to keep running. Now that the transmission failed, costing over $5,000 installed, I tell everyone this will be that last GM vehicle I will own. I will probably go back to a foreign made brand. It's a shame.

Steering noise
By txhawgfan50 on 09/19/13 17:00 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I am losing confidence in my 08 Enclave after 2 fairly expensive and out of warranty repairs. Aug 2013- I notice an intermittent whining noise while driving. Take care in and tell mechanic I think brake pad wear indicators are responsible and viola-I need front and rear brake replacement at a cost of $900. Well, I think, at least the whine ill be gone. But no! The whine returns and is more frequent. Then I notice a clear, oily leak towards left rear of car. Take car in and viola- I need rack and pinion replacement on a car with 83,000 miles. This repair comes in at $1100 and not under warranty. This steering issue seems to be a theme with the 08 Enclave. Will never buy GM again!

Run away from this car!
By nanax4 on 09/18/13 13:50 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought used as a GM Certified with very low miles and a clean service history, but have since been in the shop for steering issue, Nav failure., air conditioning stopped working in back, electrical issues, and complaints about the transmission. Now it's sitting in the shop needing a new transmission with no warranty coverage. It only has 73K miles and has been well maintained...I just dont understand how GM can ignore the transmission issues. Just google it and see complaint after complaint about wave plate failure. I plan on giving GM the chance to make it right, but will take additional action if necessary!

Buick Enclave Lemon
By bird30 on 08/27/13 12:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased the 2008 Buick Enclave loaded in 2008 as I wanted a Luxury SUV and wanted to support the American Car Maker's in time of crisis. I made a huge mistake! My car has had every seal replaced since I purchased it and barely has 60,000 miles on it. The car has been serviced and taken care of since I purchased and babied since 2008. The engine seals went out at 30,000 miles, numerous times the airconditioning system has been fixed over and over for problems (4+ times), steering gear/drive problems, water pump seals, rear tail gate piston's replaced, etc., etc. etc. The care is beautiful and comfortable but the biggest lemon and disappointment I have ever purchased.

BAD TRANSMISSION!!!!
By msgoodie on 04/10/13 13:13 PM (PDT)

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Buyer Beware! I absolutely love the design of the vehicle. It's perfect for my family. As previous posts mention, the wave plate is a problem. The service engine light kept coming on and it kept losing power. I had to keep bringing it in and they said it was fixed and wouldn't have the problem again. Unfortunately, the problem persisted and after having my transmission rebuilt at only 48,000 miles, I just had it rebuilt again at 56,000 miles. Crazy right!! Unfortunately, I'm now out of warranty. I have to figure out how to get rid of this vehicle that has a carfax report with multiple transmission issues.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.