Used 2008 Buick Enclave Consumer Reviews - 257 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Buick Enclave - Consumer Reviews

2008 Buick Enclave

View reviews for a specific Enclave model:

never buy a 2008
By bummedcustomer

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I was so excited, thought i had found my dream car, an answer to not wanting a mini van.
I love the layout of this car, but i swear it is in the shop more than my driveway
Leaks water, has had multiple issues including my power steering suddenly going out on me
hard to handle this big of a car with no power steering!
if it wasn't constantly breaking down or flooding from the rain i would love it
but i literally despise GMC for not recalling the whole car!

Never again
By T

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car used. According to car fax it was maintained. Worst car I've ever owned. I have one problem after another. As soon as one thing is fixed another goes bad. I'm exhausted worrying about this car. It depresses me. After this experience I wouldn't even recommend a new one. I wish I could just get rid of it. DO NOT BUY ONE.

Love my Enclave!
By Matt

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

In June 2014, I purchased a 2008 Buick Enclave CXL at around 80,000 miles. It has been a great car. I got it in great condition. Right now it is at around 115,000, and I've only had to replace the spark plugs(due at around 100,000 miles, but got extra out of them), brake pads, and headlamp bulbs. This car was a great buy!

Do not buy a 2008-2009 Enclave
By mgaston

2008 Buick Enclave CX 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Look at Consumer Reports for its ratings on quality as well but you will have nothing but expensive repairs for the early model years. GM knows this but fails to support their customer base. They wanted new customers and got them but we are now leavaing. In later model years it looks ike they have fixed some of the problems but I would not feel comfortable after this kind of hell. I have had (2) transmissions (I paid for one $3200), rack n pion steering ~$1600, power steering pump ~$1200, shocks and struts at 75K miles (too early)- ~$1K, several steering related componens~$500 all within six months ($7.5K). The vehicle is only worth $18K. Be very cautious.

Looks fantastic, rides nice and quiet, seats 7 for families.

Quality.

Never Buy GM Again
By mgarner1234

2008 Buick Enclave CXL 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this 2008 Enclave less than a month ago. Brought it in for a slight humming noise at low speed. After "evaluation" they wanted over $2000.00 to "fix" everything. Owned a Toyota that had over 216000 miles and never had to put $2000 in to "fix" it. The Buick has less than 60000 miles. Called and spoke to the service manager at McKinney Buick as they wanted 50% more than a standard repair shop and they will not budge on their over priced repairs. Then they wanted us to pay for a loaner car for the week it took them to diagnose the problems. Any other shop could diagnose and fix in 1-2 days. I have always owned Toyota's and know I remember why. If you value $$$ stay away from GM/Buick.

3rd Row

Quality and design are lacking when it comes to any Japanese designed car.