2005 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Standard 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )
05 Century
By pradley on 11/06/12 04:54 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent gas mileage for large car aprox 35 Hiway US Gallon quality excellent only problem replaced Brake rotors twice but they are very inexpensive Body still looks good after 7 winters

toyota to buick
By John Eagle on 04/01/10 13:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned Geo metros, Toyota corollas, and other cars. The 2005 Century I bought shocked me with 36 mpg on a 1000 mile trip. My 1999 corollas only got 38 max. I was so impressed that I bought another used Century (1999). Why buy small cars when the comfort/power/reliability of a Century gets near same mpg? My 16 yr old son didn't want me to get a "grandpa car", but he sure loves it now that it's his! Dependable, reliable, affordable but I was careful in my research and examination of used Centurys. I walked away from some "bargains" because I found rust carefully concealed or the engine/ride didn't sound/feel right. I'm going to buy one more soon!

2005 Buick Century Special Edition
By George from KC. on 03/17/08 13:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been an excellent performing car. The Special Edition Package sets it off. The leather interior, dual automatic temperature controls, and chrome wheels are great and generally found only in more expensive automobiles. Never a reliability problem. Mileage runs 23- 25 city and 30-32 highway. May not do quite that well with an ethanol mix, but still close.

Great car GM
By Bill on 11/29/06 05:55 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

My wife has had two, 2003 and 2005. She uses it on her mail route and after she is done she runs the kids from practice to practice, Dr. appointments. Thanks GM for engineering a great product.

Smart Buy
By mackelvaney on 08/01/06 16:16 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car for the money I've ever purchased. It's the best "regular car" I could find, and I am quite pleased with the performace, mileage, and comfort. I drive 100 mi. a day round trip for work and I love driving "Miss Daisy". (Yes I name my vehicles)

Better than my LaCrosse
By David Cowan on 01/18/06 14:07 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I also have a LaCrosse and the Century has a smoother ride and more comfortable seats, plus much better gas mileage in the city. Do not listen to the auto experts that believe a harsh ride, stiff seats and a run through the cones is what the real world of driving is. I have 9,000 on the Century and test drove both Camry and Accord prior to purchase, both rode stiffer and were not as powerful. Plus the quality with the Buick is just as good. The six is fine and getting on ramps and passing is no problem.

Excellent Quality & Reliable Buick
By laban1719 on 01/07/06 12:57 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I drive this car to work and feel confident in its reliability and safety. It has been an excellent value and rides smoothly with quick acceleration. Way to go GM! I recommend this car to everyone looking for a dependable and affordable used car.

Outstanding Car
By Jeff Everman on 08/13/05 20:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle is one of the very best cars that I have purchased and I highly recommend it to anyone!

I love Buick
By Linda Taylor on 07/22/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is a perfect car for me. I love the styling, and colour. ( I chose bronze/mist). I also feel that North Americans are not supporting our country and fellow citizens (workers of General Motors) by not buying from the original car makers of our country. Performance is all that I could want or expect. I drive the highways quite a lot and when I need the power and pick up to pass on a two lane highway it is always there. Buick is the car for this all-Canadian gal! So far, it has been all that was promised.

Love my Buick
By Marjorie Hays on 06/01/05 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We have had many Buick vehicles and they are one fine car. Do not require a lot of maintance. Have been told that they ride nicer than a Cadillac. Will keep buying Buicks every time.