Used 2005 Buick Century Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Standard 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (22 reviews )

05 Century
By pradley

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent gas mileage for large car aprox 35 Hiway US Gallon quality excellent only problem replaced Brake rotors twice but they are very inexpensive Body still looks good after 7 winters

toyota to buick
By John Eagle

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned Geo metros, Toyota corollas, and other cars. The 2005 Century I bought shocked me with 36 mpg on a 1000 mile trip. My 1999 corollas only got 38 max. I was so impressed that I bought another used Century (1999). Why buy small cars when the comfort/power/reliability of a Century gets near same mpg? My 16 yr old son didn't want me to get a "grandpa car", but he sure loves it now that it's his! Dependable, reliable, affordable but I was careful in my research and examination of used Centurys. I walked away from some "bargains" because I found rust carefully concealed or the engine/ride didn't sound/feel right. I'm going to buy one more soon!

Give me a break. These Centurys are comfortable, have great reputations, are reliable and affordable. People that desire more and more sporty/luxury have gotten our country/world into the mess it's in now.

2005 Buick Century Special Edition
By George from KC.

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been an excellent performing car. The Special Edition Package sets it off. The leather interior, dual automatic temperature controls, and chrome wheels are great and generally found only in more expensive automobiles. Never a reliability problem. Mileage runs 23- 25 city and 30-32 highway. May not do quite that well with an ethanol mix, but still close.

Leather interior, automatic temperature controls, chrome wheels, smooth and comfortable ride, good gas mileage.

Needs a tachometer.

Great car GM
By Bill

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

My wife has had two, 2003 and 2005. She uses it on her mail route and after she is done she runs the kids from practice to practice, Dr. appointments. Thanks GM for engineering a great product.

Everything

She says it gets sqeamish in small water puddles.

Smart Buy
By mackelvaney

2005 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is the best car for the money I've ever purchased. It's the best "regular car" I could find, and I am quite pleased with the performace, mileage, and comfort. I drive 100 mi. a day round trip for work and I love driving "Miss Daisy". (Yes I name my vehicles)

Drive one!

Cabin air filter is very expensive.