Used 2004 Buick Century Standard Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

Standard 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (27 reviews )

Best Used Car Ever!!!
By amee

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with over 150,000 miles on it. I was worried about the high mileage at first. I have driven this car over 50,000 miles with no problems. This is the most comfortable and reliable car I have ever had. I did not know it before I purchased this car but I am a Buick fan for life. Great Car, Great gas mileage, high comfort level, great reliability.

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats, seating for 6 if needed, perfect size car

Suggested Improvements

Build more Buick Century's

By teapartynow

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the year model 2004 used because the previous year models had a gasket problem. This car has a wobbly feel to its wheels which I think is because of poor wheel bearings, not weak side walls of the tires. I have not bothered to pay for new replacements. I recommend these three "upgrades": 1. Pour a can of transmission Seafoam in the automatic transmission by pouring it down the tube of the check stick. 2. Replace the air filter with a K&N or home made from cut reusable air conditioning filter material. MPG will improve 10%. 3. Replace the front door speakers with anything else, 5.25". We hope this car will last a long while. It's a good choice for large people.

Great deals to be had on this car.
By masonjar

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Just recently purchased a 2004 Century with 79,000Kms in absolutely mint condition. Nice Metallic Augusta Green paint job with not one blemish. Wasn't on my radar at all until I read in Consumer reports that it had fantastic reliability and could be had for cheaper than comparable Japanese models. I don't see it as an "Old Man" car...the styling is sharp and I mistook an older Lexus for one the other day. Very Very happy with the car..lots of power..nice smooth ride over rough road surfaces. Thinking a nice set of Rims and a better set of tires would really kick it up a notch and I will have a car that will turn heads and last me for years.

Favorite Features

Nice powerful stock stereo. Power windows and locks.Smooth ride.Plenty of power and acceleration.Lots of room in front and for rear seat passengers.Good fuel mileage(30mpg Hwy)One of the truly well built American cars and should last me a long time.

Suggested Improvements

It is what it is and is very solidly built.

Bring Back the Century
By Brenda in Augusta

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Buick Century. I bought them because of the comfortable seats and good mileage. We got 34 mpg traveling between Maine and FL this year -- with the car packed full. I want another one, but alas they are no longer made.

Favorite Features

seat comfort

Suggested Improvements

bring back the century seat

Solid car
By erc

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this car since brand new. No major repairs beyond Brakes and rotors. Did it my self cause this car is easy to work on. Still getting 28 MPG on the hwy. My 00 LeSabre is a great car too but the Century's mileage is so much better it's our touring car. Yes, it's an old man car but it's comfortable and efficient. I really don't care what other people think about the car I drive. At least it's not an "edge".

Favorite Features

For the value it has all the stuff you need.

Suggested Improvements

I do like the on wheel controls my LeSabre has.