2004 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Standard 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (27 reviews )
Best Used Car Ever!!!
By amee on 05/26/13 05:18 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car used with over 150,000 miles on it. I was worried about the high mileage at first. I have driven this car over 50,000 miles with no problems. This is the most comfortable and reliable car I have ever had. I did not know it before I purchased this car but I am a Buick fan for life. Great Car, Great gas mileage, high comfort level, great reliability.

By teapartynow on 07/12/12 13:27 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the year model 2004 used because the previous year models had a gasket problem. This car has a wobbly feel to its wheels which I think is because of poor wheel bearings, not weak side walls of the tires. I have not bothered to pay for new replacements. I recommend these three "upgrades": 1. Pour a can of transmission Seafoam in the automatic transmission by pouring it down the tube of the check stick. 2. Replace the air filter with a K&N or home made from cut reusable air conditioning filter material. MPG will improve 10%. 3. Replace the front door speakers with anything else, 5.25". We hope this car will last a long while. It's a good choice for large people.

Great deals to be had on this car.
By masonjar on 01/29/11 10:37 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Just recently purchased a 2004 Century with 79,000Kms in absolutely mint condition. Nice Metallic Augusta Green paint job with not one blemish. Wasn't on my radar at all until I read in Consumer reports that it had fantastic reliability and could be had for cheaper than comparable Japanese models. I don't see it as an "Old Man" car...the styling is sharp and I mistook an older Lexus for one the other day. Very Very happy with the car..lots of power..nice smooth ride over rough road surfaces. Thinking a nice set of Rims and a better set of tires would really kick it up a notch and I will have a car that will turn heads and last me for years.

Bring Back the Century
By Brenda in Augusta on 07/03/10 12:07 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Buick Century. I bought them because of the comfortable seats and good mileage. We got 34 mpg traveling between Maine and FL this year -- with the car packed full. I want another one, but alas they are no longer made.

Solid car
By erc on 04/25/10 09:46 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We have had this car since brand new. No major repairs beyond Brakes and rotors. Did it my self cause this car is easy to work on. Still getting 28 MPG on the hwy. My 00 LeSabre is a great car too but the Century's mileage is so much better it's our touring car. Yes, it's an old man car but it's comfortable and efficient. I really don't care what other people think about the car I drive. At least it's not an "edge".

Poor
By Alex on 04/21/10 09:04 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I can't wait to get rid of it. I was driving at night and the lights stopped working. They didn't work with the switch on "auto" or "on". The ride is comfortable but you have to floor it to pass and it takes about 2 seconds to accelerate when going 60 just to start moving = slow!

Nice ride
By Martin on 07/17/09 07:14 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

My buick century is a old person car. When passing another car, you have to floor it because it rarely down shifts. the seats are very comfortable and the ride is very quiet and the car "floats" when on a hilly road.

Best kept secret on the road.
By dschultz on 06/04/08 11:44 AM (PDT)

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I used this car for as comuter car. I have 100k on the car now, never missed a beat. One set of tires and front brakes is all I have done. Way quieter than a Camry and 30+ mpg. It is the best car I have ever owned. Would highly recommend the Buick to anyone who wants miles of trouble free service and great gas mileage for a larger car.

Underrated auto
By nekosan on 05/10/08 17:08 PM (PDT)

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This the second Buick Century I've owned, the first I drove over 75 thousand miles without a single bit of trouble. In fact, I never even had to replace the brake shows in that time. And I drove it across the U.S. and back 5 times. It is a quiet, smooth riding vehicle that does what a family sedan should do, and it never received the praise it should have from a public besotted with wanna-be racing-car sedans.

Great Car!
By Scott22 on 12/30/07 06:15 AM (PST)

2004 Buick Century Sedan Standard 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2004 Century for 5 months and I'm very pleased. I intended on purchasing a Honda Accord and stumbled onto this Buick so I gave it a test drive. I was truly surprised, The comfort, quiet and ride quality both in town and on the highway is unlike anything I've experienced. The biggest surprise is the gas millage, I 've experienced near 28 MPG in town and over 34 on the highway. This is better than the Accords 4 cylinder. The depreciation was double that of the Honda and subsequently over half the cost for the same year vehicle. It was a easy decision, I'm very pleased with the car and expect many years of satisfied driving. I highly recommend a late model Century.