Used 2003 Buick Century Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (45 reviews )

Second Buick Century and still counting
By jausten

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 1996 Buick 3 years ago with over 100,000 on it and had zero problems with it. A few people even came up to me and asked me how I liked the car because they knew it was reliable. That sold me and the car grew on me. My son is going to college and needs a car so I searched long and hard for the same Buick, but newer model for me. Just found it, 2003 $5900 for a 35,000 Limited and felt it was a steal. After having trouble prone Fords, Subarus, Chevrolets, Hundais I know this car is the one for me.

Leather interior, bench type front seat, I just love everything. It feels like a more expensive car.

Yes the doors could sound more solid when shutting but that is about it.

Extremely reliable car
By Marvin's Buick

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a young college student who got my 2003 Buick Century as a graduation gift. I fell in love with the car's simplicity and the effortless way it drives. The butter knife smooth transmission and quiet engine make for one incredible ride. I now have over 100,000 miles on my Century and aside from having to replace a fuel injector,it has given me no problems whatsoever. I am very disappointed that general motors stopped making this car in 2005. I now have my eyes set on purchasing a Buick Lacrosse which I hope proves to be as good of a car as the Buick Century. Overall the Century offers premium luxury at an affordable price. I would buy a Buick over a Lexus or Mercedes any day.

The subtle moan of the engine during acceleration, never having to turn the lights on, and the abundant trunk space.

Better exterior styling, larger glove compartment and a bigger more powerful engine.

Love This Car
By Scott C.

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I agree with some comments about the air vents. I hate how they only rotate on one axis. I had my Buick for almost 3 years now, and I haven't done anything to it except changing the tires, brakes, and oil. This car has never let me down! I'd recommend it to anyone.

The interior is very comfortable!

Air vents that rotate on two axes.

Solid, dependable car
By pf miller

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my 1999 Buick Century custom for this 2003 in 2004 ( 22000 miles on this one ...lease car ). Had to replace the rack and pinion in '06. A bit disappointing, but I love this car. Gives a great ride, plus good gas mileage.

I like the 90 degree trunk lid opened. Gives me more room to rummage. Doors sound solid when closing. Rearview and sideview mirrors gives lots of viewing area. Love the electric sideviews, up and down, side to side..perfect! Live close to and travel on an interstate. Cruise control used always!

Inside vents only move left to right. Need them up and down also. Wish you would go back to the little vent window on the doors instead of just one big window. Prettier dashboard design, a glove compartment which would actually hold a real pair of gloves

Great car
By sherman

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Excellent mileage, excellent ride. I have had no problems with this car. Oil has been changed at 3000 mile intervals

Leather seats. CD player, brown interior

None