Used 2003 Buick Century Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Century Sedan

Base 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (44 reviews )

had car for a week
By wolfpack49

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Not sure about the car as of yet , just bought it and I needed to buy a car for doctors apointments and such . I have to male a trip from Ohio to New York and hopeing it will hold up. Hope it will last for at least 3 years for I am makeing payments on it and on a verty stick budget . Will keep you all posted .

Favorite Features

Love the feel of comfort , rides nice in town .

Suggested Improvements

I don't like the cassette player in the car , like to have CD player instead . Mirrors don't work and lighter doesn't work so I can plug in my GPS . Has some thumping at times in the back when changing grears when stoped at a light and start to go .

LOVE MY BUICK!
By lovemybuick

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my '03 Buick Century at the suggesting of a friend who is an engineer and very trustworthy when it comes to the mechanics of things. At first I was worried about it "being for old folks". I love the looks and styling of this car, as does my 22 yr old son and his friends! It had 26K miles when I purchased it, today, 2012, it has 279K, and it's still going strong. The only problems in that time were routine with the exception of having to replace the motor in the door as the window wouldn't go down last year.

Favorite Features

I love the style, the reliability and the fact I get awesome gas mileage!

Suggested Improvements

The gas gauges are prone to go on the century, mine did! And the bottom rocker (the panel under the doors) are prone to rust! When you live in NY State that is bound to occur, but the Century is extremely bad for this!

Love My Car!
By suzannefanning

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! I have owned and driven two 1995 Buick LeSabres and I actually like my little Century better! I get 30 mpg and drive 50 miles round trip each day to work. The car handles like a dream and even my teenage daughter says she looks like a classy lady!

Favorite Features

Comfortable seats and accessible cup holders.

Got my money's worth
By jg

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Very good buy, I had my Buick since 2006 still going maintenance free. Got it with 45,000 miles now it has 129,000 everyday commuter 140 miles a day without 1 Penny putting into it love this car.

A solid car
By V8 Man

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a slightly used 2003 Century for my wife. It now has 59K miles on it (in 2010) and has not been high maintenance at all. She really likes the car. Beyond routine maintenance, I do not think that it has required any other care. However, it is garage kept and locally driven mostly. The exterior has a timeless quality about it and still looks up-to-date (at least to me). The interior is a mix of cheap materials and upscale features, but overall functional and attractive. Several years ago, we did have a problem with it refusing to crank. Never did determine what the issue was, but it has never reoccurred. For the price, I recommend the car.

Favorite Features

Nice styling, "affordable luxury." Low maintenance, smooth ride, family friendly. The V6 engine is capable, but not peppy. Just seems to be a solid car. I trust it more than the 2003 Buick Rendezvous that I drive.

Suggested Improvements

For a car that is so cost effective, it is hard to recommend improvements. Just keep it maintained properly.