2003 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (44 reviews )
had car for a week
By wolfpack49 on 01/14/13 17:57 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Not sure about the car as of yet , just bought it and I needed to buy a car for doctors apointments and such . I have to male a trip from Ohio to New York and hopeing it will hold up. Hope it will last for at least 3 years for I am makeing payments on it and on a verty stick budget . Will keep you all posted .

LOVE MY BUICK!
By lovemybuick on 03/24/12 04:04 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my '03 Buick Century at the suggesting of a friend who is an engineer and very trustworthy when it comes to the mechanics of things. At first I was worried about it "being for old folks". I love the looks and styling of this car, as does my 22 yr old son and his friends! It had 26K miles when I purchased it, today, 2012, it has 279K, and it's still going strong. The only problems in that time were routine with the exception of having to replace the motor in the door as the window wouldn't go down last year.

Love My Car!
By suzannefanning on 10/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I love this car! I have owned and driven two 1995 Buick LeSabres and I actually like my little Century better! I get 30 mpg and drive 50 miles round trip each day to work. The car handles like a dream and even my teenage daughter says she looks like a classy lady!

Got my money's worth
By jg on 07/19/10 16:44 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Very good buy, I had my Buick since 2006 still going maintenance free. Got it with 45,000 miles now it has 129,000 everyday commuter 140 miles a day without 1 Penny putting into it love this car.

A solid car
By V8 Man on 07/07/10 10:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a slightly used 2003 Century for my wife. It now has 59K miles on it (in 2010) and has not been high maintenance at all. She really likes the car. Beyond routine maintenance, I do not think that it has required any other care. However, it is garage kept and locally driven mostly. The exterior has a timeless quality about it and still looks up-to-date (at least to me). The interior is a mix of cheap materials and upscale features, but overall functional and attractive. Several years ago, we did have a problem with it refusing to crank. Never did determine what the issue was, but it has never reoccurred. For the price, I recommend the car.

I'm Amazed at all the good reviews
By Steve on 01/25/10 20:32 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

My Buick Century has issues that no automobile should have at 80,000 miles. Driver side automatic window does not work. The dash lights do not work (this is not a fuse issue). The tail lights do not work (again - not a fuse). Whole assemblies will need to be purchased for both of the previous problems. The trunks hinges are no longer holding up the trunk lid when opened. Both knobs for climate control broke (the part that slides over the stem simply disintegrated). And what's with these folks who have up to 38mpg gas mileage? I have never had more than 27mpg Highway and 21mpg city. This is a prime example to why GM went bankrupt. I will never buy a domestic made car again.

Still loving it
By MB on 11/13/09 12:52 PM (PST)

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 12/02 and it has been great. A few bumps in the beginning repairwise but it was covered under warranty. I have not had any problem in the past 5 years. I drive 100 miles RT for work and it is a great ride. Good gas mileage (33 mph hwy) and dependable.

A Fine Ride
By zontar on 08/30/09 16:41 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I always enjoyed driving my mother-in-law's Buick, so when the opportunity to purchase one came up I grabbed it. It has a very smooth and powerful ride. This was made very evident when renting other cars. The Buick's ride and comfort puts most other cars to shame.

Pleasant Surprise
By Grateful Son-in-law on 06/13/09 05:30 AM (PDT)

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I was given this car by my father-in-law, when he was no longer able to drive. Driving the "B" as my wife calls it, has been a pleasant surprise. Dad had put only 33,000 miles on it, maintained it by the book. I use it as a commuter car, primarily suburban to city driving, lot's of traffic lights, little highway. MPG is great, 22-23 city, 33 highway, on a 600 mile round trip. Comfortable after getting acclimated to a "rolling sofa." Plenty of trunk space, easy to service by local mechanic. I would not have even looked at this car, let alone bought one, as I feel it is designed for the more senior driver. Still, I now have a low mileage ride which competes with our 2 VW's in MPG!

Second Buick Century and still counting
By jausten on 05/27/09 15:49 PM (PDT)

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 1996 Buick 3 years ago with over 100,000 on it and had zero problems with it. A few people even came up to me and asked me how I liked the car because they knew it was reliable. That sold me and the car grew on me. My son is going to college and needs a car so I searched long and hard for the same Buick, but newer model for me. Just found it, 2003 $5900 for a 35,000 Limited and felt it was a steal. After having trouble prone Fords, Subarus, Chevrolets, Hundais I know this car is the one for me.

1 2 3 4 5 next »