Used 2003 Buick Century Sedan Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2003 Buick Century Sedan

Base 3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic - (48 reviews )

It needs work
By Abigail Miller

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The head gaskets are blown, there are few burns in the seats and the floor mats have been taken out. There was once a "system" but no longer there.

Good Used car buy
By Josh Nixon

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Century used with just over 100K on the clock. It is reliable, and has a smooth, floaty ride. Surprisingly, it handles really well for having a soft suspension. Fuel economy is stellar, I regularly see 26-28 combined. ( 60 percent highway commute) I paid $2100 for it and you can usually find good, low mileage examples because typically the people who buy Buicks are older. The interior is comfortable, but the plastics are low-quality and rattle over bumps. The transmission on mine has had some problems, it tends to shift hard in stop and go traffic, but it is not getting hot. if I turn the car off for 30 seconds it goes away. Other than this, the car has no major problems and looks and runs like new. Overall, good value for the money.

just a good car
By johnbortz

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used high mileage but this car was garaged and well maintained. has a few minor maintenance issues to be taken care of need motor for the windshield washer sprayer. a couple of new front tires and a coolant flush normal maintenance! before winter otherwise should be ready for the cold winters here in Montana. owned a 88 Oldsmobile 96 and it went three years with very little repairs. hope the century can give me a least 3 to 4 years service. this car looks sharp and seems to get pretty good gas mileage. hopefully will buy a newer one in the future.

My MaMa's Buick
By msbemidji

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I inherited my mom's Buick. I also inherited one big problem...the engine ticks. I thought at first it was just common with that type of car since a couple of other Buicks in the neighborhood tick as well. Found out it was a piston problem, and that there was no fix. I was devastated. SO I'm putting the money down on a new engine and transmission. The body is in just too good of shape to let it go for scrap...plus, it's my mom's car, so it holds special sentimental value as well.

I am a big fan of the cruise control, and nearly crapped my pants when I heard just how loud and awesome the FACTORY speakers were...holy crap!! I also appreciate the headlight feature that will automatically turn them on, when you don't.

I'm not a fan of the cassette player...but it IS an 03, so it's forgiven. Just by adapting equipment and all is well.

had car for a week
By wolfpack49

2003 Buick Century Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Not sure about the car as of yet , just bought it and I needed to buy a car for doctors apointments and such .
I have to male a trip from Ohio to New York and hopeing it will hold up.
Hope it will last for at least 3 years for I am makeing payments on it and on a verty stick budget .
Will keep you all posted .

Love the feel of comfort , rides nice in town .

I don't like the cassette player in the car , like to have CD player instead . Mirrors don't work and lighter doesn't work so I can plug in my GPS . Has some thumping at times in the back when changing grears when stoped at a light and start to go .