2002 Buick Century Consumer Review: Not just a retiree's car

2002 Buick Century - Consumer Review

Custom Sedan (3.1L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Not just a retiree's car
By Ed Keck on

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Buick as I needed a quick replacement for another car. A local dealer found this car with 86K at a very reasonable price. Must have been a salesman's car. Minus a new starter and a gasket seal replacement this car has been a pleasant surprise. I would have NEVER considered driving this car previously, but my circumstances dictated a low cost replacement. The car obtains excellent mileage and is very comfortable to drive. (Even handles fairly well!) The sound system is superb with the concert sound speakers. Steering wheel radio controls are a nice feature too! For the money, insurance cost and room this car fits the bill. I may actually keep this car longer than I planned!

Gas mileage - 26+ in mixed driving Roominess - front seats excellent/back good Comfort - nice driver Audio system - excellent stereo & CD player

A bit more power would be nice. Other than that - not much to complain about with this car.