I wish they still made this car
By midwestmrs on
2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)
I bought my 02 Century in late 03. Have loved it ever since. Reliable, quiet, smooth comfortable ride, and has been cheap to own. Just routine maintenance. Not even a muffler. I did have the drivers side power window motor replaced several years ago. Car is now old. 160K miles, rocker panel rust, and things are starting to break. The gas guage has some kind of electrical problem. Hubby and mechanic said it's not worth fixing. It's time to replace the car. I still get 25-27 mpg. That is impossible to match in a car with this kind of comfort and quiet. I wish they still made this model. I test drove a 2011 Lucerne but the backup visibility is terrible for me. Maybe a 2011 LaCrosse or a Camry.
Favorite Features
Comfort and quiet. Fuel economy. This is a touring sedan. Do not expect it to drive like a sports car.
Suggested Improvements
Styling. Come on GM. The body style was old and boring when this car was new. Buick needs to hire some younger designers. Brakes have never been very robust, even just after each brake job. That has to be a design thing.