2002 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
2002 Century Custom SE
By joewill on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

My first good impressions of this car have gradually degraded to disillusionment. I still like the good performance for such a small economical engine but the noise gets irritating sometimes. Not just the roar of the accelerating engine, but the whine of the drivetrain when slowing down. The smooth ride on well maintained main roads changes to choppy, bouncy and ungainly on secondary roads and the suspension bottoms out with alarming thuds on potholes. My Corolla did better. A/C vents don't adjust upward enough to remove a layer of hot air at forehead level.

Best American-made Car
By Centuryforlife on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I rented the Century for a multistate trip and found it to be excellent in every regard. The power was great, handling was adequate and the features were well appointed. I've never driven in such a comfortable and smooth-riding car in my life! I recommended it highly to anyone considering a car purchase!

AWESOME
By PALOS VERDES on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

GREAT CAR!THIS IS WHAT I CALL AFFORDABLE LUXYRY!

Adequate but not compelled to buy
By tanman on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Our family of four rented one during our two week stay in Colorado. The 12 years old constantly complained about the lack of room compared to Dad's Passat! Overall the engine/tranny are well optimized but still felt light on power. Handling and comfort - well it's a Buick - but the seats were exceptionally poor. I still have a lingering back ache from the lack of support. I've driven Fords (actually own one!) and Chryslers and think the General really has the domestic competitors beat. But he better start benchmarking German cars before I'll buy one.

My Lemon
By Bob from Florida on 07/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

My lemon lasted for 4983 miles and then had to be put to sleep. GM is still hassling us around with a refund or replacement after 50+ days. What a disgrace.

Comfortable middle size car
By mianfei on 06/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

very roomy, easy to handle, stable, quite, especially on highway. a lot of features at such a low price.

Great Rental Car
By edavis on 06/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Rented this car for 12 days and drove all over Washington, Oregon, and Montana's winding mountain roads at the typical traffic speeds. Very good handling touring car. Good comfort. We own a beloved LeSabre and were favorably impressed with the Century.

high quality excellent value
By warren p on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

purchased the 2002 in february to replace a 2000 century purchased new in feb. 2000. I planned to keep the 2000 a long time but my son needed a newer car so we sold him the 2000 and replaced it with an identical 2002. The 2000 had 34000 trouble free miles. My wife loves the car. Its comfortable on long trips (3 to 8 hours) you arrive relaxed and not worn out.

a very cool unexpensive car
By cornel on 05/29/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

It is an inexpensive car comparing with Toyota Camry, Honda Acord and it has similar performances. Drives smoothly, has power, comfort and high quality features.

Love my Century!
By snoopygrl on 05/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I think this is a very underrated car. After owning unreliable Fords and Pontiacs, this is by far the best car I have ever had. I don't know why everyone refers to Buick as an "old man's car," I'm 30 and I think this car is way cooler than the Honda Civics that you see everyone driving.