Used 2002 Buick Century Consumer Reviews - 60 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

2002 Buick Century

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Bessie the Buick
By Tim

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car from Enterprise rent a car sales in 2003. I've been reading all these reviews in looking for a new car, and I chose to submit a review on this car for those who may be looking for a great used car. This has been a great car over the last 60,000 miles that I've owned it. I put new tires on it when I got it - still look good. Oil changes and a set of brakes - that's all it's ever needed (and I'm really picky). I get 30 mpg on the highway all the time, and about 20 in the city. It's not flashy, but it runs great and is fairly comfortable until you hit the 3 hour mark on a drive. I highly recommend this model to those who are looking for dependable cheap transportation.

30 mpg highway, dependability, smooth ride. 1997-2004 is basically the same car, so you have a pretty wide range of years/price ranges to choose from.

A few squeaks and rattles when you hit bumps. Everything else has been great.

My Daughter's Car
By Bob Bruggeman

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

My dad gave this car to my daughter when she got her driver's license a few months ago. When she received it, it only had 10,000 miles on it. Overall, it is a great car. Good visibility and a very comfortable, quiet ride. The car has somewhat of a conservative look, which I like. Plenty of trunk space. Fuel economy is very good. The dashboard layout is conservative but functionable. The 3.1 litre V6 engine has done GM proud over the years. The only problem we have had with the car is an occasional brake pad rubbing sound in the left rear wheel. The car was taken to the local dealer, but they could not find a problem with it. This car should give my daughter many years of good service.

Good visibality. Great ride with comfortable seats. Excellent fuel economy for a mid-size model. Large trunk.

2005 was the last model year for the Century. The LaCrosse has replaced it. Reviews on the LaCrosse have been mixed.

Best Car I've owned so far
By Yvonne Nicol

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is by far the best automobile I've owned so far. Had low mileage when I purchased it and I still think I got a deal! Gets great gas mileage for its size. Roomy trunk, lots of bells and whistles. Low tire light saved me from getting stuck on side of the road a couple of months ago. Always lets me know when to anticipate a problem, although there hasn't been anything major. We are very happy with it!

Gas mileage! Stereo sounds nice. Smooth riding car.

Tendency for carbon build-up-gas pedal sticks occasionally. More lumbar support in driver's seat. Body dents easily, watch out for shopping carts!!!

Real Nice Car
By MTHOODJOHN

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I am really happy with my Buick Century Custom, for a mid-size luxury car, I don't think it can be beaten.

Gas mileage, 30-34 on the highway at 75- 85 mph. But, you must have a radar detector or look out, this car drives so nice that you will be going 80-90 mph and think you are only going like 60, real nice highway car. Having a radar has saved me countless times from getting a speeding ticket...

For the price and quality and features of this car, no improvements needed.

2002 Buick Centruy
By coffee412

2002 Buick Century Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

One of the best cars I have driven in a while. I first drove this car as a rental on a 800 mile trip to the east coast and thru the blue mountains. I was quite impressed with the handling and ride comfort that I bought one. The ride is very comfortable. The layout of the dash/interior is good. Mileage is good also. I now have 115K miles on it and it still does a good job. Only repairs to car were to replace windshield wiper motor and then catalytic converter. Not bad.

1. Plenty of trunk space. 2. Comfortable seats. 3. Very nice radio/tape/cd player combo. 4. Comfortable ride

None