2002 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
what a piece of crap!! Do not buy!!
By conniej1954 on 11/22/11 18:51 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2002 Buick Centry as a program car in 2003 with about 13,000 miles on it. Within weeks it was in the repair shop. Repairs over time include motor mounts & king mounts replacement (there is still a "clicking" when braking, it was never fixed), complete dash replacment ( a year later, the odometer quit working again). The automatic windows roll down by themselves and do not roll back up. Anti lock brakes quit working with in a year of buying. Fuel pump replacement, brakes replacement. I take good car of my cars and do oil changes every 3,000 miles, tune ups, radiator flush,etc.

One of the Good Ones
By Robert Neglia on 03/16/10 11:35 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Very few problems until last year, it seemed everything was going wrong at one time. Had leak in intake manifold gasket, Tie-Rod end went to include drive belt tensioner arm, one engine and transmission mount broke and a few other items, repairs were over $3,000; extended warranty helped, but still had to pay allot. Center brake lights shorted out few times. Inside lower door panel starting to rust. Now, getting noise after heavy rain when making steering corrections. Mileage is 14.8 city mid 20's highway. It is a bad feeling when you lose thrust in your cars reliability and those making repairs to your vehicle.

5 1/2 years since last review
By pbm on 05/09/09 12:27 PM (PDT)

2002 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I reviewed my Century in Oct.03 and very little has changed. The car now has 107K and has been the most reliable car I've owned. It's great in the snow with Tractional Control and FWD. The AC is still ice cold and has never needed to be recharged. I replaced the original battery before last winter even though it still started the car fine (I changed it at 7yrs/100K because I didn't want it to fail on a cold day). Except for routine maintenence the only work I've done was a replacement intake manifold gasket and bolts. I did this as a precaution (not because I was losing coolant) because the 3.1 is known for eventually leaking. I still get great mpg. This car will do another 100-150K easily.

Nothing Beats a Buick for Comfort!
By crhayes on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I love Buicks because they are the most solid and comfortable ride than anything I've driven. Anyone who has driven my car says it "floats"! The only disappointment is the style..it never changes! In my book, Buick is top notch!

Century
By falconbrother on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This was my company car for a while. I put a lot of miles on her. I was very impressed with the century. I would buy one in a skinny minute.

buick century limited
By glovercv on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

really like this car

Welcome to dullsville
By donoby on 03/14/02 17:48 PM (PST)

2002 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I recently rented one for a weeklong roadtrip. The car is compentent and best on the highway, but I would never buy one. The interior is soft and comfy, the controls are mostly in the worng places. At one point we seated 6, but not comfortably. Five works fine. The ride is soft and spongy, typical American car feel. The engine cruises on the highway but sputters when you try to pass or climb hills. The ride is quiet and smooth. Driving on tight turns in this thing is a nightmare.