Used 2001 Buick Century Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

great car
By r bell

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

The car is very dependable. I've had no problems with it. The odometer is at 165,000. Handles well in winter weather--starts easily during those sub-zero mornings.

Favorite Features

Air works well. The car cools down easily during those hot & humid 90+ degree days in the summer.

Suggested Improvements

Improvements are being made with the next generation of Buicks. For the era this car was designed well overall.

MY econo buick
By rob

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Very good on fuel if you get to speed and hold it steady ive hit 36mpg with many 35 miles per gallon. THe car rewards easy driving with cash back.

Favorite Features

transmission which seems geared or setup for economy very good for a 3600 pound car rides very smoothly also.

Suggested Improvements

Bad parts from the factory rotors had large gouges in them.

Love This Car
By RM

2001 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used from my father with 51,000 miles. I now have 78,000. I haven't had any of the transmission problems that some have had, and my father didn't either. The car is very comfortable, has a nice sound system, is very solid, (no rattles), and awesome gas mileage. I average 25 city, and my best highway is 32 mpg! My only complaint is that it is equipped with OnStar that is no longer available. I wish GM would have come up with a solution for some kind of adapter so I could still have the security. It has adequate power for my needs. If you want more, look into the Buick Regal in the same years as this model was produced. Would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, comfort, stereo (concert sound III with 200 watt amplifier and 8 speakers), power seats, dual zone comfort control and fold down rear seats.

Suggested Improvements

Wish the fold down back seats had a locking mechanism on them, and that GM had a way for older model OnStar equipped vehicles still could be used.

Poorly Built, GM deserves it's troubles
By Publlius Publico

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

We Bought this car because of a previous good experience with a 1997 model. This car is a disaster. This car belongs to a grandma that has it serviced regularly at her local Firestone.THis car rarely get up over 45 mph, It drives to the local stores and back. It had a Catastrophic Transmission failure at 33,000 miles costing 2,500 dollars. The cruise control never worked. too many rattles in the dash board and instrument panel to list. And no at 38,000 miles leaking head / manifold gaskets losing coolant with no warning lights going of due to low coolant level. The low washer fluid light works though!

Favorite Features

The concept. Exactly what we needed in theory. Style not cutting edge but happily I trade off trendy design features for solid reliability such as starting..going and stopping. It starts and stops it's the going that has the problems.

Suggested Improvements

Get out of the car making business.Yes you saved a few cents per unit on gasket material and made your millions as CEO. Someone deserves to be horsewhipped for putting loyal Buick owners into these "vehicles."

Buick Century
By J. Hawk

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the best and most dependable vehicle I have ever owned. After almost 6 years of ownership, I have not had any mechanical problems. The only defect has been a window motor. I plan to purchase another Buick as a result of my experience with this car.

Favorite Features

Very quiet and well insulated car. Also, gas mileage has been a pleasant surprise! (Approx. 30 mpg)

Suggested Improvements

Vehicle should have under-hood light and gravel guards as an option. Also, passenger side air curtain.