2001 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
Best- value car!
By pembo on 01/11/06 18:20 PM (PST)

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Century two years ago and have enjoyed it as the best-value car I have had in 20 years for what I paid for. CD, ABS, and many features are standard. It rides comfortably and can sit 6 people with a large trunk. I recommend it to my friend, and he bought another one and still enjoys it!

Excellent vehicle
By Vitoria Ferraro on 01/09/06 17:12 PM (PST)

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this vehicle for 2 months short of 5 years, and I'm extremely happy with it. The best vehicle I've had ever.

Current Owner Review
By Eugene Smothermon on 12/30/05 18:50 PM (PST)

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Drives good. Has had to have above average maintence,of braking system, and service warning light system {Example: Service Engine Soon Light,Warning etc.] Some unacounted road noise, from rear of vehicle.

Transmission
By jib on 09/23/05 09:14 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in a Buick Regal, which I had really no problems with for 100K+ miles to purchase a uses Century with 20K miles. By 26K miles it started slipping and took it in for service. Replaced some sort of pressure valve, which did nothing. Had it back in 3 more times before it finally died on my wife and had to be towed in. Overhauled the transmission…still not operating right. Took it back in for the 5th time last week and will be returning it for the 6th time next week. I imagine the transmission will eventually just need to be replaced completely as it does not appear as thought they have a clue as to what is causing the problem. On the upside, I did not purchase the extended warranty

Boring
By MZ on 08/10/05 22:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven this car very softly and I guess it paid off for not having any problems with the car. It is now 91,000 miles on that thing. But I tell you what. it is such a boring drive, so I wanna trade it in ever single time I finish driving it. I feel the vechile is hung a little too high. but it's a good car just for seating for adults.

This is a good car
By Banana Soup on 08/05/05 21:12 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

This is a great car. I have 80k on it and not one problem. This car has a soft ride and comfortable interiors. I am selling this car to a family member to purchase my next card. Great used car.

The good the bad and the truth
By curtis lear on 03/03/05 21:11 PM (PST)

2001 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I like the looks and the good gas milage. The car rides good for a mid- size. There are lots of extras that make the car convenient to drive. But there are many blind spots that make it difficult to see to the side or back when trying to shift lanes. The car lacks power but is sufficient for any one who is not in a race. Take heed to those who say transmission troubles appear about 65000 miles. They are telling the truth.Be prepared to spend $1500-$2500 on another transmission. Other than the expense of a transmission you may have a dependable car.

great car
By vferraro on 08/30/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

No problems with vehicle whatsoever. I drive mostly on surface streets, which tends to be harder on any vehicle, and this car has been outstanding. Would not think twice about buying another.

Great all around car
By billk on 05/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Great all around car. Fuel economy 20 - 22 in town, 30 - 34 on trips. Adequate power. Runs at high speeds effortlessly. A lot of interior room and trunk space. Good ride and handling, good visability. No problems to date, absolutely reliable We bought it new for just under $ 20,000, very well equiped. A really good car for the money.

Decent Daily Commuter
By Daryle on 03/30/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Acquired at 1 year old and 9K miles on it. Ride quality, steering, power, and comfort have all been more than adequate and often pleasurable. Nice base features, all around a nice car. Been in twice for warranty work - rear tail light assembly and right rear power window motor. Although inconvenient, the servicing dealership was superb in every way. I am somewhat nervous as my warranty expiration is approaching. So Far - So good. No significant complaints. But I dont have any experience with these cars at 3 years plus.