Used 2001 Buick Century Sedan Consumer Reviews - 42 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Buick Century Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Great car
By Jim

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 130k miles back in 2012, it now has 175k miles and it's still running strong. The only issue I've had is the a/c stopped working but I can live without it. Very reliable (and surprisingly quick) car. The only complaint I have is the lack of an RPM gauge.

Great Average car
By friddlebillrules@yahoo.com

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Bought mine for $1200 off a private seller. It needed and alignment and tires. It also had the ABS and "Trac Off" light on. I bought it with 165,000 miles on it and had a mechanic look over it and do some pressure tests. Only complaint i really have with this car is there is no rpm gauge on the cluster. kind of a pain but i can live with that. The car is extremely comfortable. I have a slightly bad back and driving for long periods of time doesn't mess with my back at all. The electronic seat adjustment helps out a lot too. The dash has a nice setup. Nothing is complicated and its easier to fix that a lot of newer cars. The engine is pretty nice. It holds up well with basic maintenance. With the higher mileage I have on mine I've never had to do anything with it. Previous owner did have to replace the intake manifold gasket, but that's a known problem with the Century. Has the perfect amount of acceleration. It not ridiculously fast but its not slow. Its got some pick up if you need it. You don't need to race in a Century. Once i got the alignment and tire fixed the car rode like it was brand new. Heck, it drove nicer than my brand new Kia Soul did. The car doesn't look flashy, but I still think it looks alright beside the rocker rust that come free with every Century. :-) If you find one for a good deal and you like it get it.

2001 Buick Century Custom.
By Oleg Dyachuk

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I had this handed to me as my first car, don't remember much about it but I know it had over 130k miles and it was leaking oil. I had it for 2 weeks until I fell asleep at 6 AM and crashed into an utility pole with it. cracked the pole in half and totalled the car. But i was perfectly fine, walked away with a tiny scratch over my eyebrow from the airbag.

Airbag didn't hurt, as I thought all airbags do.

Design, interior and exterior. Engine quality.

Great first car
By meganpumpkin

2001 Buick Century Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I inherited this car from my grandmother and it made a great first car. It can handle running over curbs and forgetting an oil change or two. It has been incredibly reliable. I am currently looking for a car with better gas mileage since I drive so far but any one who gets this car is in for a treat. It may not look like much but it gets you from a to b every time.

Not bad for Buick
By jackrussel419

2001 Buick Century Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 Buick Century and havent had too many problems with it. At about 140,000 miles i got that normal thing with buicks where the anitfreeze mixes with the oil and that was about a $900 fix but other than that that is the biggest issue ive had only other things are the drivers side window motor had to be replaced, had to get a new o2 sensor and brakes but thats just from the almost 200,000 miles that are on it, but definetly a reliable vehicle all year round.

Leather seats, comfortable interior, nice handling, spacious seating

rev limiter turned up, be better with a center console