2001 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:
Not bad for Buick
By jackrussel419 on 09/21/11 18:34 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 Buick Century and havent had too many problems with it. At about 140,000 miles i got that normal thing with buicks where the anitfreeze mixes with the oil and that was about a $900 fix but other than that that is the biggest issue ive had only other things are the drivers side window motor had to be replaced, had to get a new o2 sensor and brakes but thats just from the almost 200,000 miles that are on it, but definetly a reliable vehicle all year round.

Catalytic Converter Problems
By Millie on 03/28/10 22:33 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

My Problems started when car was only 6 months old. I have replaced the converter 5 times and had it in for more repairs than anyone should ever have to. I have taken it to repair places other than Buick and they do not know what is wrong. I have contacted GM on many occasions and they keep referring me back to the Buick Dealers mechanics who do not know what is wrong either. I have left the car for days and their mechanics have driven and used up my gas and still no solution. I am retired and have put 8000 dollars into this in repairs as they tell me first it need this and then something else the next time, I am at my wits end.

Love This Car
By RM on 08/30/08 21:23 PM (PDT)

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used from my father with 51,000 miles. I now have 78,000. I haven't had any of the transmission problems that some have had, and my father didn't either. The car is very comfortable, has a nice sound system, is very solid, (no rattles), and awesome gas mileage. I average 25 city, and my best highway is 32 mpg! My only complaint is that it is equipped with OnStar that is no longer available. I wish GM would have come up with a solution for some kind of adapter so I could still have the security. It has adequate power for my needs. If you want more, look into the Buick Regal in the same years as this model was produced. Would recommend this car to anyone.

Costly Repairs at 64K Easy Miles
By goldmission on 07/31/07 07:13 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new. Babied it from day one. Still, at 64K, already had front wheel bearing, alternator, Intake manifold gasket and valve cover, left front tie rod, oil pan gasket all go bad. Total cost $4300. Seems way too much maintenance on this car.

Wonderful Commute
By Tek on 02/23/07 06:23 AM (PST)

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I commute 1 hour each way to work 22 days a month and the ride is a pleasure! I have long legs and there is plenty of room for them and the seating is perfect for my back. I bought this car used for the price, ride and space especially for the commute and I was pleasantly surprised to get 30 MPG to boot! I have a family of 4 with 2 young kids and the the comfort is amazing. The only issue I have is the extended life coolant system which I flushed after 60000. I have never owned a Buick but this car has me looking for another one.

The good the bad and the truth
By curtis lear on 03/03/05 21:11 PM (PST)

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I like the looks and the good gas milage. The car rides good for a mid- size. There are lots of extras that make the car convenient to drive. But there are many blind spots that make it difficult to see to the side or back when trying to shift lanes. The car lacks power but is sufficient for any one who is not in a race. Take heed to those who say transmission troubles appear about 65000 miles. They are telling the truth.Be prepared to spend $1500-$2500 on another transmission. Other than the expense of a transmission you may have a dependable car.

great value; quiet on the road
By leslie2 on 04/18/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

looking for a quiet car; this is it I cannot believe the change in road noise with this caar. the side mirrors need to be redesigned; I must readjust them when I want to park the car I love the way the back seat folds in 2 parts and the fact that both front seats are completely adjustable handles well on and off the highway; great mileage too

My first Buick!
By rirowla on 03/01/02 10:34 AM (PST)

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

What a Value! We bought this car with the 0% financing for 60 months and love it. Our two kids fit fine and we don't miss our minivan. I'd recommend this car to young couples, it's a lot of comfort and space for the money. The secret bonus is that insurance rates are really cheap in this vehicle. We went from our used minivan (value $4000) to this new Century (value $19000) and our insurance rate actually went down! I couldn't believe it.