Used 2001 Buick Century Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Buick Century - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Century model:

Not bad for Buick
By jackrussel419

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2001 Buick Century and havent had too many problems with it. At about 140,000 miles i got that normal thing with buicks where the anitfreeze mixes with the oil and that was about a $900 fix but other than that that is the biggest issue ive had only other things are the drivers side window motor had to be replaced, had to get a new o2 sensor and brakes but thats just from the almost 200,000 miles that are on it, but definetly a reliable vehicle all year round.

Leather seats, comfortable interior, nice handling, spacious seating

rev limiter turned up, be better with a center console

Catalytic Converter Problems
By Millie

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

My Problems started when car was only 6 months old. I have replaced the converter 5 times and had it in for more repairs than anyone should ever have to. I have taken it to repair places other than Buick and they do not know what is wrong. I have contacted GM on many occasions and they keep referring me back to the Buick Dealers mechanics who do not know what is wrong either. I have left the car for days and their mechanics have driven and used up my gas and still no solution. I am retired and have put 8000 dollars into this in repairs as they tell me first it need this and then something else the next time, I am at my wits end.

I have owned Buicks for years, but if no solution I will own no more

The improvements I would suggest is that you take better care of families that have been long time buyers. I would also improve the Lumbar in the seat.

Love This Car
By RM

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used from my father with 51,000 miles. I now have 78,000. I haven't had any of the transmission problems that some have had, and my father didn't either. The car is very comfortable, has a nice sound system, is very solid, (no rattles), and awesome gas mileage. I average 25 city, and my best highway is 32 mpg! My only complaint is that it is equipped with OnStar that is no longer available. I wish GM would have come up with a solution for some kind of adapter so I could still have the security. It has adequate power for my needs. If you want more, look into the Buick Regal in the same years as this model was produced. Would recommend this car to anyone.

Gas mileage, comfort, stereo (concert sound III with 200 watt amplifier and 8 speakers), power seats, dual zone comfort control and fold down rear seats.

Wish the fold down back seats had a locking mechanism on them, and that GM had a way for older model OnStar equipped vehicles still could be used.

Costly Repairs at 64K Easy Miles
By goldmission

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car new. Babied it from day one. Still, at 64K, already had front wheel bearing, alternator, Intake manifold gasket and valve cover, left front tie rod, oil pan gasket all go bad. Total cost $4300. Seems way too much maintenance on this car.

Comfortable to drive all day.

Can't run the windshield wipers with the front windows even cracked open. Water runs down into window and onto electric window control panel on arm rests.

Wonderful Commute
By Tek

2001 Buick Century Limited 4dr Sedan (3.1L 6cyl 4A)

I commute 1 hour each way to work 22 days a month and the ride is a pleasure! I have long legs and there is plenty of room for them and the seating is perfect for my back. I bought this car used for the price, ride and space especially for the commute and I was pleasantly surprised to get 30 MPG to boot! I have a family of 4 with 2 young kids and the the comfort is amazing. The only issue I have is the extended life coolant system which I flushed after 60000. I have never owned a Buick but this car has me looking for another one.

The ride for the price is amazing. Comparably priced vehicles do not offer the ride and comfort the Century does.

Eliminate the extended life coolant system.